Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Duke Nukem 3D Upscale Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Nukem 3D Upscale Pack

User is offline   Phredreeke 

the new Liztroop has the same palswaps as the regular Liztroop.

As for the babes, the babes caught in slime have NOT been upscaled. I was referring to the strippers/hooker/dancer.

Edit: Upscaled the linked sprites

Attached Image: newxpupscale.png

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 25 April 2020 - 12:30 PM

View PostPhredreeke, on 25 April 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

the new Liztroop has the same palswaps as the regular Liztroop.

As for the babes, the babes caught in slime have NOT been upscaled. I was referring to the strippers/hooker/dancer.

Edit: Upscaled the linked sprites

Attachment newxpupscale.png

Yeah, i see now, about the Lizard troop i misunderstood the part "inspered by DN64", that's why i was confused by reading "the new default version"., i thought was replaced by the blue one.

The babes: yes, i confirm what i said, the ones on most of the posters look fine and the dancer... well we can finally see a face when she shake them :P

Do you think that the chaingun the RPG and the Shrinker/Expander can be improved even more? They look upscaled but, for some reason, they does not feel upscaled like the other ones? (imo)

Still a nice job, keep it up!

Tireheb on Discord reported that the RPG and freezethrower upscales don't load when using the World Tour stopgap in EDuke32 - after further testing I realised none of the tiles with widescreen replacements in WT have upscales loaded. Worse, when firing the freezethrower there is a gap between the upper and lower sprites. I have made a modified DEF which fixes this. This is not needed for running World Tour in DukeGDX, which uses the original tile numbers for the weapons.

http://s000.tinyuplo...467385577462202

A trio of portable medkits

https://i.imgur.com/oGnjKv6.png

User is offline   MrFlibble 

The pill one looks kinda blurry, the other two are top notch.

I didn't put much effort into the pill one. The others I actually bothered switching to a different model for the cross/heart and text

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

I downloaded the upscale pack because I was curious to see how it handled one of the animated flames sprite sets starting at 2271. But I see those were not done. Was it because they didn't look usable upscaled or were they passed over for another reason? I was hoping to use an upscaled version because it seems that one of the pros of the process is reducing jagged edges.

Is that the one from ROTT? I thought it wasn't used in the game.

Edit: Checking the sprite, it is upscaled in my latest version of the upscale pack

Attached Image: tile2271.png

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 08 June 2020 - 04:20 PM

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

I downloaded from the first post of this thread. Is there a link to the latest version?

If you click the Upscale packs by me link in my signature you get a list including the latest versions

Anyway here's the moddb link https://www.moddb.co...upscale-pack-12

User is online   Lunick 

• Snazzy Ex Tazzy

I'll change the link in the first post to that one

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options