Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Alright, then follow-up question: Do NBlood and PCExhumed support the -j parameter for custom dirs?

I tried placing my Blood data into a "data" subdir and launched the game with nblood -jdata. However, I get an error that says
source/blood/src/blood.cpp(1283): Invalid argument: -jdata

Similar with PCExhumed, but there instead of an error, I get an empty selection for the groupfile in the launcher. The parameter works without problems in Rednukem.

*EDIT*
OK, it seems that for some reason there needs to be a space between -j and the actual data dir, e.g. -j data, not -jdata. Kinda weird since it's w/o space in EDuke32 and VoidSW. Redneck accepts both variants for some reason.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and @Jimmy (since he had asked for it back in May 2020):
It is indeed possible to zip the Blood and CP assets and have NBlood use them as resources. Works with just four files in total and both games will even pop up in the launcher. Here's how:

1) Create a "data" subdir in your NBlood folder (can also be named differently, it's an example)
2) Place blood.ini and cryptic.ini in this "data" subdir
3) Zip the following files, name it something like "blood.grp" and place it in the "data" subdir:
- Movie files (cs*.smk, cs*822m.wav)
- ART files (tiles0**.art)
- RFF files (blood.rff, gui.rff, sounds.rff)
- DAT files (surface.dat, voxel.dat)
4) Zip the following files, name it something like "cryptic.grp" and place it in the "data" subdir:
- Movie files (cryptic.smk, cryptic.wav)
- Maps (cp*.map)
- ART files (cpart07.ar_, cpart15.ar_)
5) Launch NBlood like: nblood.exe -j data (space between -j and data folder is important)

Should your movie files not play:
It is possible to edit their folders in the ini files (I prefer to have them in a subdir, e.g. "movies", so it would be something like "movies\cs1.smk" for me).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 November 2022 - 02:06 AM

• The Truth is in here

Addendum: Launch parameters might rather be -j data -g blood.grp -g cryptic.grp
(Otherwise it might happen that NBlood might not use the groupfiles after all.)

• The Truth is in here

Another question, sorry for the post spamming:
Does NBlood support loading rfs files? So far whenever a mod came with custom sounds and graphics, I had to integrate them into blood.rff or sounds.rff, bloating filesizes considerably. Doesn't it work like in BloodGDX where the raw installer files are enough?

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

I have a question about NBlood: Does it allow adding sounds via def scripting system, like "definesound" in eduke?

Another question is why in this case the one blood_widescreen.def loads twice???

From nblood.log:
0.6157s INFO| Initialized 96.0M cache
0.6218s INFO| Loading blood_widescreen.def
0.6566s INFO| Loading module blood_voxels.def <--------------------- HERE
0.7800s INFO| TEST ECHO
0.7874s INFO| Loading blood.def
1.0790s INFO| Loading module blood_voxels.def <--------------------- AND AGAIN
1.2163s ERROR| definevoxel: maximum number of voxels (1024) already defined.
1.2213s ERROR| definevoxel: maximum number of voxels (1024) already defined.
1.2245s ERROR| definevoxel: maximum number of voxels (1024) already defined.

My command line is:
%BLOOD_EXE% /noautoload /nosetup /g "%BLOOD_GRP%" /g "%ADDON_DIR%\%ADDON_GRP%" /ini "%ADDON_INI%" /g "%AUTOLOAD%\%BLOOD_VOXELS%" /g "%ADDON_DIR%\%ADDON_VOXELS%" /mh "%BLOOD_VOXELS_DEF%"

In given locations/files there are only blood.def from nblood.pk3 and blood_voxels.def from %AUTOLOAD%\%BLOOD_VOXELS%, both doesn't contain any mention of %BLOOD_VOXELS_DEF%.

PS Got rid of nblood.pk3, doesn't help...

Is it a bug or I'm missing something essential?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Seems you've found a bug concerning the "-mh" command line parameter. At least as old as r123715 (2021-10-16), maybe primordial.

User is offline   Cash Diver 

What the player name option is for? Didn't notice where player name is displaying (is there a way to display it during gameplay?) except messages aren't influenced by this option.

For all who may encounter the same problem as me.

I was trying to organize addons and mods in my nblood folder. After many trials and errors I've found out that the best way is to:
- pack all Blood data into blood.grp (archive #1)
- pack all addon data into %addon_name%.grp (archive #2)
- using "-g" param, load archive #1 and then archive #2
That will override original files with the addon ones, and everything will be fine as long as you don't have tiles/rff/dat files in your nblood working directory (root by default).
And here comes the problem: I have installed the GOG Blood into C:\Blood, and nblood started to detect its location and use it as current working dir (since root dir is free of blood files); and it turned most of my mods into mess, because files from working directory are usually being loaded after the ones added with "-g" parameter.

So, keep in mind nblood detects install locations, and to turn if off, use "-usecwd" param (it will strictly use nblood root as working directory even if there are no Blood files).

This post has been edited by Mere_Duke: 04 December 2023 - 05:07 PM

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options