Duke4.net Forums: Duke Being Put To Pasture? - Duke4.net Forums

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Being Put To Pasture?

View PostDacoolguy, on 16 June 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

And when exactly was the last time you could say that about any game out there?

I can think of a few examples...

MachineGames' Wolfenstein games. I mean, Wolfenstein 3D was already made pretty much obsolete by the original Doom, and TNO, TOB and TNC's superior gunplay, story presentation and stealth completely blow Return to Castle Wolfenstein out of the water in that respect. As for Wolfenstein 2009, well, it was already an unexceptional title to begin with and it is no longer available for purchase anyway; kind of odd, if you ask me, as The New Order is very much a direct sequel...

Borderlands 2 and The-Prequel made it very hard for me to go back to the original Borderlands, and I expect Borderlands 3 to do the same about the formers as well.

This one is likely to cause a controversy, but Diablo III is the only entry in the franchise so far that I truly enjoyed and it got even better following the release of the Reaper of Souls expansion. Speaking of Blizzard titles, StarCraft II also surpasses its predecessor in almost every imaginable way and the only reasons I have been revisiting StarCraft Brood War lately is because it runs better on my computer and the Galaxy Editor is just too complicated for me... :)

After playing Mega Man Powered Up, I just cannot bring myself to play the original Mega Man. Speaking of which, why has Capcom not re-released it already? I mean, they will put fucking Mega Man X7 and X8 on Steam, but they cannot be bothered to re-release an overlooked gem like Powered Up? What the fuck?!? :D

I do not know if fan projects count, but I think that Streets of Rage Remake, Metroid: AM2R and even Trooper Dan's own Duke Nukem: Alien Armaggedon all do a very good job at making you forget about the original games they are either remaking or vastly improving upon.

And those are just examples off the top of my head.

Except a few of us hardcore fans, nobody really even cares about Duke Nukem and it is especially hard to make a relevant game with him as the main character, in today's world where the feminist movement has exploded to the point where Hollywood can't even cast white males without female partners that overpower them in every sequence.
You either have a woman lead or you have a male lead that is portrayed as a dumbass that gets schooled by all the women around him.
It would have been hard to bring Duke Nukem back now even without a feminist crazy movement taking place. With the current medium, it's damn near impossible to even consider it.

You seriously overestimate the power of the FUCKING. FEMINIST. SYSTEM there. I mean, for fuck's sake, dude... what are you even talking about? You honestly sound like Carl Benjamin in his infamous unhinged defense of Elliot Rodger; like really, the Swindon Swindler made the exact same point to excuse the actions of an admittedly misogynistic killer. :)

So let me recap it for you.
There will not be a new fps game with Duke Nukem because.

1.The IP is not safe to guarantee profit so Gearbox has shelved it and it will remain shelved forever or until they sell it to some desperate bunch of devs that hope they can break the impossible trend and make a sequel with a low budget and then get rich with it.
2.There are no more fans for the IP due to it's old age and it's very old fans
3.There is a lot of bad press surrounding the IP due to the last installment in the series.
4.The feminist movement would burn any reviewer or any review site that dares to give it a high score when the main character is Duke Nukem which represents everything that feminists despise.

Well, I am very pro-feminist myself and yet I still kind of like Duke Nukem.

However, I do have to agree with your first three points. B)

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 16 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 16 June 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

Well, I am very pro-feminist myself and yet I still kind of like Duke Nukem.

Just to be clear: by "original Mega Man", I meant of course Mega Man 1.

User is offline   NNC 

Am I the only one who thinks both misogyny and feminazism sucks? When BlitZ was ranting about DNF being bad because two women were hired was just as pathetic when johnnythewhatever is turding this thread with his "Duke the sexist" BS. Why don't you leave your inferiority complexes at the doorstep and focus on the actual GAME for a change?

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 18 June 2019 - 03:42 AM

You do realise that "feminazism" is in itself a misogynistic term, right? I mean, it was coined by Rush Limbaugh of all people in a tirade against women having control over their own body. :D

Also, the actual Nazis really did not like feminism, not just because it was going against their traditionalist conservative agenda, but also because they thought it was the Jews' doing...

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 18 June 2019 - 03:59 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Am I the only one who thinks both misogyny and feminazism sucks?

Nope.

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 18 June 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

Also, the actual Nazis really did not like feminism, not just because it was going against their traditionalist conservative agenda, but also because they thought it was the Jews' doing...

I think your posts are the Jews' doing.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 18 June 2019 - 04:50 AM

User is offline   Dacoolguy 

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 18 June 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

Not a fan of nazis but in this instance they were totally right.
Also, there is one thing to talk about feminism and another to talk about a forced feminist agenda that is going crazy ruining every movie and game it touches.
Look at Ghost Busters 2016, Star Wars: Last Jedi, X-men Dark Phoenix, Men in Black: international (that is fucking up as we speak) and look forward to how the next Terminator will most certainly flop too.
Nobody has a problem with women talking control of their bodies, however many do have a problem with movies that force a feminist agenda where everybody in the lead is female and white males are either missing or they act like meatheads.
Political agenda over story is what is ruining hollywood right now and there are more and more triple A games following this forced feminism and diversity trend.
People want to have fun not to be shoved political agendas in their face when they play a game or pay to watch a movie at the theater.
It's sooo fucking simple to see how Hollywood will kill itself trying to push these miserable agendas.
Everybody votes with their wallets and just like me, more and more people stop paying for movies and either pirate them on torrents or stop watching them entirely.
Also in the game industry, where the market is so god damn overcrowded with new games that get released every day, its even easier to bankrupt a studio by not buying their shitty feminist game, especially when that said game was built with hundreds of millions of dollars and nobody buys it.
This get woke go broke trend can only fly as long as hollywood keep burning money with new movies that fail to sell tickets and lose hundreds of millions one after the other.
There has to be a financial end to this trend when Hollywood either hits rock bottom or ww3 starts because the system notices that it can't control free thinking individuals, especially the generation born in the 80's that grew up seeing the internet get born and develop under their eyes from nothingness and into a brain washing machine for teenagers.
We also grew with cool white men as our role models in life and we sure as hell won't change who we are, just because the system has manged to grow a genration of feminist faggot soyboys and confused lesbian bitches that are too stupid and too uninformed to realize they're being manipulated since birth and turned into an army that defends the interests that deal with the destruction of the entire human species.
So a person like me can only applaud Cd Project Red that is a company where the devs are my age and were born at about the same time as I was, in a country that has not been brain washed by the west lgbt/black lives matter/feminazi propaganda.
I applaud Cd Project Red for everything they did to piss off all of the soyboys and feminazi's so bad with their Cyberpunk game, in the last couple of days.
Everything that pisses the soyboys about Cyberpunk is something that I treasure and respect as I am a person that revels in the misery of defeated feminists and supporters of black lives matter and other such George Soros funded agendas.
I for one am willing to go full on thermonuclear war on the feminist asses if one ever dares to confront me.

This post has been edited by Dacoolguy: 18 June 2019 - 05:27 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Nansci makes what is intended to be a moderate, inoffensive statement, but in doing so uses what johnny regards as a bad word and gets a lecture from johnny. Then, Dacoolguy takes the bait and runs with it, and here we are back again talking about the politics of feminism in games. The cycle can't be broken if people are so easily triggered. We have to be willing to just let it go sometimes and not reply when someone says something we disagree with, for the sake of thread topics.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Am I the only one who thinks both misogyny and feminazism sucks? When BlitZ was ranting about DNF being bad because two women were hired was just as pathetic when johnnythewhatever is turding this thread with his "Duke the sexist" BS. Why don't you leave your inferiority complexes at the doorstep and focus on the actual GAME for a change?

Nigga shut the fuck up. You're misrepresenting what I said. Go fuck yourself. You are consistently one of the worst posters on this forum always acting in bad faith during discourse.

This post has been edited by Jimmy 100MPH: 18 June 2019 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Hahaha I love this forum so much.

This post has been edited by Radar: 18 June 2019 - 09:21 AM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 18 June 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

Nansci makes what is intended to be a moderate, inoffensive statement, but in doing so uses what johnny regards as a bad word and gets a lecture from johnny.

Because nothing says "moderate, inoffensive statement" quite like using a deliberately offensive term coined by a misogynistic shock jock that conflates feminism to Nazism and then proceeding to gratuitously insult me by insinuating that I am just as bad as some bona fide misogynistic gamer who did not like that women worked on Duke Nukem Forever! :D

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 18 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

• banned!

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 18 June 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

gratuitously insult me by insinuating that I am just as bad as some bona fide misogynistic gamer who did not like that women worked on Duke Nukem Forever! :D

You compared me to a mass murderer because you took something I said out of context and applied the worst possible implication to it. Get hit by a bus you snowflake cunt. :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

How can I be a misogynist when I identify as a woman?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Say what you want, but Lauren Southern is a very handsome man.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'd pay good money to suck her cock. 🤷‍♂️

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Posted Image

His cock.

This post has been edited by Radar: 18 June 2019 - 09:25 AM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 18 June 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

The cycle can't be broken...

I'll say it one more time. loothepoodle is an infection vehicle. The ability to talk moderately normal about games is merely the probiscus with which to secrete the rest which is what it really cares about.

Totally different from a disagreement collision between say Fox and Jimmy and it will NEVER be content to keep itself to the outhouse. Which is why the depths summoned me to walk this plane of shitlording until balance is returned.

The cycle is the goal of lavatorythepuli, games are the delivery mechanism. Ignore at our own peril.

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Resident contrarian, hard at work.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 18 June 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Resident contrarian, hard at work.

how dare you use such a horrible slur

User is online   Mark 

Am I the only one who thinks both misogyny and feminazism sucks?

In real life misogyny is wrong but in movies, tv, gaming, jokes etc...it can be good humor. I would miss it if it disappears from those. Most of the time I am adult enough not to practice it where it would directly hurt someone. But I want to be able to tell dumb blonde or big tittie jokes with the guys at the bar. Its the same with racist jokes in moderation. We need to keep the ability to laugh at ourselves.

This post has been edited by Mark: 18 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Just make sure you're not joking with a leftist. Anyone else typically has a sense of humor.

Reminds me of this one:

How many leftists does it take to change a light bulb?

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Radar: 18 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The only way to fight authoritarian leftism is with increasingly absurdist shitposting.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Also fuck you Nancy. Downvote with no reply? I challenge you to quote any post where I said DNF sucks because women wrote the script. You won't because you can't. Get fucked you little cumgargler.

User is offline   NNC 

You're living in a glass house, but always keen to throw your stones at others made by dried turd.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That's all you can muster, woman? You really are a cumguzzling queef.

• banned!

I honestly didn't know you could swear on this forum until I saw Jimmy's posts. What a relief.

User is offline   NNC 

Seriously BlitZ, you should be happy to be not banned from this forum, like from all the others you have visited. Your posts are always about shitting on someone else and have zero productive value.

User is offline   NNC 

Oh, and you like calling others girls or women, but I never EVER saw someone else moaning about a downvote like you. :D

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 18 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

You wanna know what's pretty great? It's great that we're so lucky we live at the one time in history when the victors of a war told the truth about themselves and the opponent during and after the war. I mean sure, we all know they stopped doing that in every war since then. But that one... THAT one everyone involved in writing the history was on the up and up. There's literally no reason the western nations would have been motivated to shift attention away from their alliance with the upstart communists and their no fault divorce culture and assorted mass murders.

I'm extremely glad to not have lived during one of the most epic gas lighting and blame shifting epochs imposed on a nation and its descendants in all of recorded history.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by WorkWandaWork: 18 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options