Duke4.net Forums: Duke Being Put To Pasture? - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Being Put To Pasture?

#481

Communists/leftists/anarchists suck.
Nazis/fascists/antisemites/neocons suck.
Liberalis/feminazis/SJW's/genderfascists/Sorosists/betas suck.
Conservatives/male chauvinists/all religious bigots/climate deniers suck.

Apoliticals suck as well.

The only fucking truth is: pragmatism. If there is a problem, you have to solve it in a sensible way. If that solution is leaning towards liberal views or conservative views or whatnot, then do it. Living with fake ideas made by frauds to dig fake trenches between parts of people is utterly nonsensical.
3

#482

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

The only fucking truth is: pragmatism.

Pragmatism is literally what the people who murdered 100 million+ people in the 20th century truly believed they were following.

The pragmatic solution to their problem was to eradicate people.

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

If there is a problem, you have to solve it in a sensible way.

That's the pivot of all war right there. Define the universal sensible.

There is no sensible solution to the conflict between a parent who wants to guide their child through puberty and gender identity and someone who believes the parent is abusing their child by not letting the child choose hormone transition therapy.

One or the other comes out the other side.

There is a fundamental difference between the normal political disagreements that happen around here and the oily poison our new flavor of the month brings to the table.

This post has been edited by WorkWandaWork: 18 June 2019 - 12:41 PM

5

#483

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

The only fucking truth is: pragmatism. If there is a problem, you have to solve it in a sensible way. If that solution is leaning towards liberal views or conservative views or whatnot, then do it. Living with fake ideas made by frauds to dig fake trenches between parts of people is utterly nonsensical.


I honestly think the kind of sensible you're talking about is something that's just innate in some individuals. As in, hardwired genetically. I have no hope in people of opposing viewpoints being able to reconcile their differences and come to an agreement, but they should be able to come to an understanding that those differences exist and are a part of normal human variation. Live and let live basically. https://www.scientif...ght/?redirect=1

Then there's the fact that you kinda need those variations to be there, as we've also found that liberals tend to be more creative, hence they create stuff, that you then need the conservatives to operate and keep running.

I know some of you are not fans of Peterson, but he's usually solid on his science (excluding the lobster shit):


Edit: Seems what's going on here is some kind of family feud. I'm out...

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 18 June 2019 - 01:04 PM

1

#484

When I say "sensible way", I don't mean there is only one predestinated way. And that way is certainly not some retarded dogma like "blame the rich people", which caused 100 million deaths. People should discuss the case and find together the least offensive solution. I know it's not always possible, and life is a bit harder than that, but living with worthless ideas whose job is only to separate people has no progressive value. Competition and cooperation are magic words here.
1

#485

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

People should discuss the case and find together the least offensive solution.

Least offensive to whom?

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

I know it's not always possible...

And then? THAT'S the part most people tap out and guess who steps in? A bunch of offensive people because all the sensible people are too scared to say no.

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

...whose job is only to separate people has no progressive value. Competition and cooperation are magic words here.

Competition easily results in someone losing who thinks the person you are telling them to cooperate with is the personification of evil.

It's trivial, easy, nothing to say "Just work it out" and has zero application to dealing with people who don't know HOW to work with you... or see your willingness to cooperate as a weakness to be used against you as they play nice and scam you until it's too late.

This post has been edited by WorkWandaWork: 18 June 2019 - 01:02 PM

4

User is offline   Jesus is King 

  • Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself

#486

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Seriously BlitZ, you should be happy to be not banned from this forum, like from all the others you have visited. Your posts are always about shitting on someone else and have zero productive value.

Absolute nonsense. You sure have a penchant for outright lies about me. I'm allowed to stay here precisely because I do provide value where it counts. What have you done other than act like a menstruating woman for ten years?

The difference between you and I is that I have never once lied about you or your character. Over time my assessment of you has been proven again and again. You are a habitual projector. I can think of numerous examples where I have helped people such as Sanek adjust his attitude or even projects such as the ill fated Android port.

You see, I actually care about this community despite what anyone thinks of me and I have always been willing to help anyone and set aside personal disputes when necessary. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

For all my faults I do provide value where it counts the most. What have you done Nancy? I only ever see you be a bitchy woman online.

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Oh, and you like calling others girls or women, but I never EVER saw someone else moaning about a downvote like you. :D

It wasn't moaning. If you had actually replied instead of sliding in a downvote like a coward I never would have brought it up.

Again. Quote me about the women writers. You won't because you can't.

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

Communists/leftists/anarchists suck.
Nazis/fascists/antisemites/neocons suck.
Liberalis/feminazis/SJW's/genderfascists/Sorosists/betas suck.
Conservatives/male chauvinists/all religious bigots/climate deniers suck.

Apoliticals suck as well.

The only fucking truth is: pragmatism. If there is a problem, you have to solve it in a sensible way. If that solution is leaning towards liberal views or conservative views or whatnot, then do it. Living with fake ideas made by frauds to dig fake trenches between parts of people is utterly nonsensical.

https://i.imgur.com/lQxKnEJ.jpg

This post has been edited by Jimmy 100MPH: 18 June 2019 - 01:01 PM

3

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#487

View PostJimmy 100MPH, on 18 June 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Absolute nonsense. You sure have a penchant for outright lies about me. I'm allowed to stay here precisely because I do provide value where it counts.


You're referring to the value you provide as an artist, right? Because for every good post you write, there's about 10 shitposts.
2

User is offline   Jesus is King 

  • Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself

#488

Honestly probably more like 100 shitposts.
1

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#489

LOL I always found the jabs between Jimmy and DT the most peculiar.
2

#490

https://forums.duke4...360#entry309360

Quote

If you don't think this is the case, if you don't think that Gearbox was worried about this, don't forget that they literally hired two women to write DNF.


And before you start bitching again, yes, I understand what your point was in that post. But it was just an insecure BS.

The rest of your rant cries about further insecurities. You don't hate me, but hate yourself. I bet in real life you have some girly traits, and this is the way you compensate here.

Disclaimer here: I don't hate you. In fact, I found you to be an intelligent guy, and I always prefer to make friendship with intelligent people than with retards. But your inferiority complexes and immature insecurities clearly overweigh the intelligent side of you. And I find it rather sad, mate. Deep inside I always wanted to have a good discussion with you about whatever. And it always ended up in your disgusting insults.
0

#491

I hadn't read that one, that was a good post by Jimmy. Thanks for linking it!
2

#492

View PostWorkWandaWork, on 18 June 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

I hadn't read that one, that was a good post by Jimmy. Thanks for linking it!


Really? I think it was wrong from the get go. For starters, I don't think Randy cares about public opinion. Then second, what's the problem with hiring women even if it's just because to make the franchise less misogynist? Really, who the fuck cares if the game is good? The game was utter shit for many reasons, and it all started back in the 3DRealms days. Even respected people like Allen Blum was working on it. The hired women might even knew nothing, and might added nothing worthwhile. But not because they were women, not because they were hired for some kind of censorship or whatever. The game was bad because of many many things, and highlighting this is clearly just an insecure agenda.
1

User is offline   Forge 

#493

What a bunch of fags
4

#494

Randy cares enormously about public opinion... in a similar way to the way Rachel Dolezal does.

Jimmy's reason for why those writers were promoted is accurate, it was entirely a cynical move on Gearbox's part (and a smart one too), but their skills as writers was the LAST reason they were on the project. They got the gig more out of nepotism than anything else, and they were mentioned for precisely the reason Jimmy brought up. It's that simple.

Your challenge (here) is you are a high trust individual built for a high trust society so you interpret stuff going on around you in ways that often have nothing to do with the actual people you're projecting on. Jimmy's "flaws" cause him to interpret Randy better than you should hope to. :lol:

This post has been edited by WorkWandaWork: 18 June 2019 - 02:11 PM

5

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#495

View PostTrooper Dan, on 18 June 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Well you do know that I banned you once, and then it was reversed and I gave up on banning you. Now I just regard you as a force of nature. But I do cringe when new members cross your path and they wonder what the hell kind of shitty forum this is.

Some day I fear that we (moderators and admins) will be called to account for this shit show. What are we going to say? "Uh, no, we didn't just completely ignore the forum rules and allow members to hurl personal insults at each other any time they wanted... that was just avant-guard shitposting. Everyone was in on it, you see."


On a serious note, it's just silly to think this site's management would be held accountable for anything Jimmy says. I do think you're joking. It's very clear Jimmy has highly developed social skills. He knows exactly what he's doing. Imagine if Jimmy wasn't here. johnnythefag would be spewing nonsense within page 1 of every thread, and Jimmy wouldn't be there to say "SHUT THE FUCK UP", no other argument, just shut up already. Regressors need that treatment. Would the forum really be better without him? This forum has a history of attracting morons like myself anyway, and Jimmy always shut them down.

On a not-so-serious note, you two need to make up and kiss already.

This post has been edited by Radar: 18 June 2019 - 02:29 PM

2

User is offline   Jesus is King 

  • Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself

#496

I am going to share the entire post here to demonstrate that Nancsi is indeed a disingenuous liar, who by some psychosis is literally compelled to avoid the truth.

View PostBlitZ, on 17 November 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Gearbox is, to be frank, an insecure company that is concerned about what the public thinks. Pitchford is obsessed with what others think of him and Gearbox. Regardless of the legitimate love I believe he has for the franchise, Duke Nukem is... how should I say..... problematic. If you don't think this is the case, if you don't think that Gearbox was worried about this, don't forget that they literally hired two women to write DNF. They kept that in their back pocket and brought it up whenever possible, perhaps to gain praise, but I guarantee to dodge criticism. Let's not forget in 2011 how poorly received the character was by some. Duke Nukem is a misogynist! Now think of how people are accusing id Software of being Nazis because of multiculturalism jokes in a trailer for Doom Eternal. To sell games, cornering the gaming "press" is key. Doom has the benefit of being a STRONG franchise. Duke has been sullied for 20 years. If the press got ahold of a new Duke Nukem experience that was authentic to the character, it'd be a fucking bloodbath.

I'm calling it right now, Gearbox not only wont, but can't do anything serious with Duke Nukem until the culture wars blow over.
Just keep humming the Bigot Song until it's all over.


I never once commented on the quality of the game. I spoke only of the motivations for choices that were made. This is an important note to take away. Nancsi will always apply bad faith to you because he himself is insecure and projecting his own bad faith into others. He's a shyster.

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

And before you start bitching again, yes, I understand what your point was in that post. But it was just an insecure BS.

The rest of your rant cries about further insecurities. You don't hate me, but hate yourself. I bet in real life you have some girly traits, and this is the way you compensate here.


And this is the cherry on the cake. Nancsi's identity at full exposure by his own projection.

Unlike you I am not an anonymous screen name on the internet (your obsession with calling me by an anonymous screen name I used 20 years ago reveals your own insecurity revolving around exposing your own identity.) I have been honest and forthcoming with who I am for years. I've posted pictures, told personal stories and anecdotes. I have multiple real life friends on this forum that I'd take a bullet for. They know myself and my character. I am an extremely stable genius.

You are just another screen name. No one to vouch for you.

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Really? I think it was wrong from the get go. For starters, I don't think Randy cares about public opinion. Then second, what's the problem with hiring women even if it's just because to make the franchise less misogynist?

Where did I state it was a problem? My point was about Randy's actions exposing his own need to protect the public's opinion of himself and his company. It could have been anything, that just happened to be a readily apparent provable truth, as indicated separately by Wanda.

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Really, who the fuck cares if the game is good? The game was utter shit for many reasons, and it all started back in the 3DRealms days. Even respected people like Allen Blum was working on it. The hired women might even knew nothing, and might added nothing worthwhile. But not because they were women, not because they were hired for some kind of censorship or whatever. The game was bad because of many many things, and highlighting this is clearly just an insecure agenda.

All of this was made up in your mind. I actually like DNF despite its flaws. Except for one or two lines I actually think the female writers did a good job with what they had.

See the problem in applying bad faith?

View PostNancsi, on 18 June 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

Disclaimer here: I don't hate you. In fact, I found you to be an intelligent guy, and I always prefer to make friendship with intelligent people than with retards. But your inferiority complexes and immature insecurities clearly overweigh the intelligent side of you. And I find it rather sad, mate. Deep inside I always wanted to have a good discussion with you about whatever. And it always ended up in your disgusting insults.

Remember when Wanda said your willingness to please and just get along would cause some people to see you as weak?

I am that woman.

This post has been edited by BlitZ: 18 June 2019 - 02:32 PM

3

User is offline   Forge 

#497

FREE RADAR!
5

User is offline   Forge 

#498

View PostBlitZ, on 18 June 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

I am that man.

*woman
3

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#499

Duke4.net is back baby, like it's 2014 again.
4

User is online   Radar 100 Watts 

  • Zionist Shill

#500

johnnythewolf is leftist Blue Lightning.
2

User is offline   Jesus is King 

  • Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself

#501

Seriously this forum sucked without you, Radar.

Top 5 Duke 4 posters:
1: Jeff
2: Radar
3: Person of Color
4: Blue Lightning
2

User is offline   Jesus is King 

  • Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself

#502

Holy fucking hivemind Batman lmao
2

#503

View PostWorkWandaWork, on 18 June 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Randy cares enormously about public opinion... in a similar way to the way Rachel Dolezal does.

Jimmy's reason for why those writers were promoted is accurate, it was entirely a cynical move on Gearbox's part (and a smart one too), but their skills as writers was the LAST reason they were on the project. They got the gig more out of nepotism than anything else, and they were mentioned for precisely the reason Jimmy brought up. It's that simple.

Your challenge (here) is you are a high trust individual built for a high trust society so you interpret stuff going on around you in ways that often have nothing to do with the actual people you're projecting on. Jimmy's "flaws" cause him to interpret Randy better than you should hope to. :lol:


Honestly, I don't care about Randy, nor DNF. I really really don't care why they were hired, what kind of hackwork they did on the game. DNF was an utter failure for many reasons, outdated graphics, bullshit puzzles, mediocre linear leveldesign, unattractive settings, terrible jokes, basically everything. Jimmy acts like if I care about any of these. I just said he highlighted one thing because of his well documented agenda on this forum, that's all. He said I was lying, but in the end, no, I wasn't.

At this moment I don't even care about Duke's future. If they come up with a good game, let it be a misogynist or feminist propaganda, I will enjoy. But the chances are slim, so let's prepare ourselves to a good, troublefree release of Ion Maiden (or whatever name). You should make some maps for it, like that brilliant boss level in Caribbean. :P
1

User is offline   Jesus is King 

  • Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself

#504

And there he goes completely avoiding the truth again, choosing to ramble about irrelevant things.
1

#505

I wish there was a who's who of Duke4 posters, make it easier to tell what's going on. Wanda made maps for Duke Caribbean?
0

#506

Nah, those were made by a guy called Robert.
2

#507

View PostWorkWandaWork, on 18 June 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Nah, those were made by a guy called Robert.


Who are you, though? Sorry if it's a dumb thing to ask, I haven't been here for that long and some people that hardly post yet have huge upvote counts will randomly show up and interject. Seems like there's this massive history between people and I'm just curious.
1

#508

Brownfarted needs to make a comeback.
2

#509

View PostBlitZ, on 18 June 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

I am going to share the entire post here to demonstrate that Nancsi is indeed a disingenuous liar, who by some psychosis is literally compelled to avoid the truth.



I never once commented on the quality of the game. I spoke only of the motivations for choices that were made. This is an important note to take away. Nancsi will always apply bad faith to you because he himself is insecure and projecting his own bad faith into others. He's a shyster.



And this is the cherry on the cake. Nancsi's identity at full exposure by his own projection.

Unlike you I am not an anonymous screen name on the internet (your obsession with calling me by an anonymous screen name I used 20 years ago reveals your own insecurity revolving around exposing your own identity.) I have been honest and forthcoming with who I am for years. I've posted pictures, told personal stories and anecdotes. I have multiple real life friends on this forum that I'd take a bullet for. They know myself and my character. I am an extremely stable genius.

You are just another screen name. No one to vouch for you.


Where did I state it was a problem? My point was about Randy's actions exposing his own need to protect the public's opinion of himself and his company. It could have been anything, that just happened to be a readily apparent provable truth, as indicated separately by Wanda.


All of this was made up in your mind. I actually like DNF despite its flaws. Except for one or two lines I actually think the female writers did a good job with what they had.

See the problem in applying bad faith?


Remember when Wanda said your willingness to please and just get along would cause some people to see you as weak?

I am that woman.


I don't want to reflect most of this bullshit you have spewed, just one thing.

First, I'm not from the United States (but Hungary, in middle Europe), so it would be harder to make friendship with people here. Not impossible, but harder, if you are not as dedicated. Second, I visit this place far less often than you (again, less dedicated). I don't count my posts versus your posts, but fat chance you have at least 5 times more than me (and the time spent here is even more lopsided I guess). Even many of my posts are from a few selected days when I have to bear your shitposting and insults. In short, I'm not here to make friends (not that I don't like people here, in fact I like many people here with my perpetual bad faith). I'm interested in Duke3D/Build Engine, especially interested in mapping styles, that's why I log in here. Believe me, I have a real name (in fact, my screen name is a nickname I got in my elementary school, and when I registered on AMC in late 2002, I was meeting with them in a banquet a few days prior), I also have real friends. Not Duke fans, but they exist, despite you think I'm the second coming of antichrist.
0

User is offline   Jesus is King 

  • Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself

#510

Can you imagine being enough of an arrogant cocksucker to try to talk shit to one of the pre-eminent level designers of the 90s, when you yourself have produced literally nothing in the realm of level design, all to spite him for siding with someone else in a minor disagreement on the internet? Jesus Christ LMFAO
0

Share this topic:


  • 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options