Duke4.net Forums: how to create a new hud? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how to create a new hud?

User is online   Lazy Dog 

i want to create a new hud based on the original brief hud, basically a extended version of it, how should i go about doing this?

here is how i would like it to look (done in photoshop)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 09 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Create an event (wherever you want) called EVENT_DISPLAYREST and write there your code for the new hud.

With rotatesprite you can place the decorative sprites. For getting the current ammo, save first the curr_weapon value inside a var, and then use that var along with ammo_amount to get the current weapon's ammo. To show it on screen, use digitalnumber.

If you manage to do it, then use got_access to determine when to draw the small key icons.

I hope I have explained it clearly. If not, feel free to ask whatever you want. :)

Posted Image

User is online   Lazy Dog 

thanks!, worked like a charm

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options