Duke4.net Forums: Google Chrome input disastrous lag. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Google Chrome input disastrous lag.

User is offline   Gambini 

Not sure if related, but my streetblock was struck by a lightning and it burned (among other stuff in the house) my mobo. It was the mobo only, everthing else was tested and is working fine. I bought a new mobo (an Asus B250 prime). And the computer is working fine.

But two days later (again, i doubt its related but i had to mention it) Chrome began to have a serious input lag, which accumulates the more i try to use it. Not only with keystrokes, but with pointing at objects, scrolling, every input. If i move the cursor away from Chrome´s focus everything works great, but as long as i try to do anything in chrome, a click may take 3 seconds to have effect.

I updated the mobo drivers, checked for weird processes, cleared all chrome data, disabled extensions, disabled hardware acceleration, tried in incognito and a few other things i dont remember.

Googling the problem only points to years old similar problems, of which i tried all suggestions without luck.

Any idea out there people? Thanks for the time anyone would take to try helping adress this.

EDIT: At random moments it seems to go away, but then its back (and i have a hunch it´s back when i leave the computer alone for a few hours.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 06 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

Idk if this could help you, i have the "Your connection is not private" error, that apparently startetd without a reason, i tried to solve it by following many suggestions like in your case, no success, and the funny thing is that i use mainly Mozilla, so that Chrome is not stuffed with crap at all.

I solved it by myself by using the following commands in the shortcut: -ignore-certificate-errors -allow-running-insecure-content
It will looks like that: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -ignore-certificate-errors -allow-running-insecure-content

there are some other commands list that may help you:
https://www.ghacks.n...-line-switches/
https://peter.sh/exp...-line-switches/

If i run it from the task bar, the problem appear again, because there aren't custom commands.

Idk if it will work for you too, but i hope it help.

EDIT: Not worked for everyone but, someone marked it as "solved" give it a look: https://bbs.archlinu...c.php?id=199346

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 06 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Thank you for your response, but i am afraid your solution can do nothing against my problem. Those commands seem to be pretty self-explanatory and useful for bypassing security restrictions, which was your particular problem.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

make a back-up copy of your chrome browser profile folder

uninstall it -completely

install fresh.

test

put your profile back

test

fresh install, havent imported anything yet. The lag is there.

User is offline   Forge 

Gambini, on 07 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

fresh install, havent imported anything yet. The lag is there.

that's not good.

I don't know enough about chrome - but there are some settings that can reduce lag.
opt out of sharing your data & crash logs
think there's something about turning off or on hardware acceleration
opt out of connecting to google accounts
turn off auto detect lan proxy settings
etc.

sorry it didn't work out of the box for you

what is it, right click up where the tabs are & check 'show menu bar', or something like that - then it's something like tools - settings - scroll through the tabs and start turning stuff off

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Those were things i already tried before creating this thread.

Now it´s working fine, it´s one of those moments it works fine, then bam

What i have been looking at is that i had some content on my C drive automatically compressed by windows, because the disk was almost full, it´s an SSD but I am forced to install some stuff on it (old modding tools specially). I fixed the issue by disabling hiberfile.sys which was eating 16gb. Decompressed the files, but at least it didn´t fix the issue after the first reboot.

Another thing i installed recently is a cheap remote minikeyboard. But at least unplugging its receptor doesn´t fix the issue (should try removing the driver as a last resort).

Of course i will care about all that when the problem hits again. Now it´s working fine, miraculously.

User is offline   Forge 

Gambini, on 08 January 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

Those were things i already tried before creating this thread.

Now it´s working fine, it´s one of those moments it works fine, then bam

What i have been looking at is that i had some content on my C drive automatically compressed by windows, because the disk was almost full, it´s an SSD but I am forced to install some stuff on it (old modding tools specially). I fixed the issue by disabling hiberfile.sys which was eating 16gb. Decompressed the files, but at least it didn´t fix the issue after the first reboot.

Another thing i installed recently is a cheap remote minikeyboard. But at least unplugging its receptor doesn´t fix the issue (should try removing the driver as a last resort).

Of course i will care about all that when the problem hits again. Now it´s working fine, miraculously.

it could just be a bad update. newer browsers want to sandbox everything & sometimes they get run-away memory leaks.
if it persists, maybe try down-grading a version

Yep, let´s hope i forget about the issue for good.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options