Duke4.net Forums: Rednukem - Redneck Rampage & Duke3D/64 port with focus on accuracy - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rednukem - Redneck Rampage & Duke3D/64 port with focus on accuracy  "Now with official autobuilds on first post"

User is offline   TP555 

Re

@ NukeYKT

What about my Questions ??

Give us Feedback , because some said , File was Detected as Virus !!

TP555

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Build is notoriously bad for hand optimized assembly and self modifying code. Nothing to worry about, It's just unrecognized by the scanner.
This happens all the time on legitimate stuff.

User is offline   Nuke.YKT 

View PostTP555, on 25 October 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

Re

@ NukeYKT

What about my Questions ??

Give us Feedback , because some said , File was Detected as Virus !!

TP555

Sorry for late reply.
1) I'm not quite understanding your widescreen/fov question.
2) Texture filtering option is available in polymost renderer.
3) Soundtrack is sort of supported. You have to export tracks from yer CD disk/image to OGG or FLAC format and put to yer Redneck folder.
4) Yes. Duke 3d HRP should work fine with Rednukem.
5) It's of course false alert

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostTP555, on 24 October 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Supports your Current Version too , Ultrawide , when yes Native or w/ Fov ?

And of course , Texture Filtering ? , i don't realy like the Classic Texture Rendering :D

View PostTP555, on 24 October 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

@max_nukem , gives no Slider for Gamma , Contrast like in RedneckGDX ?

Yes, those features are the same as in eduke32.

Edit: NukeYKT beat me to answering the first question :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 25 October 2018 - 09:54 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTP555, on 24 October 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

@max_nukem , gives no Slider for Gamma , Contrast like in RedneckGDX ?

Rednukem should have the Color Correction menu just like EDuke32.

User is offline   TP555 

Re

@ NukeYKT

ok np , and thx for your Repley :rolleyes:

@ Phredreeke

Ah is based on EDuke32 ok !

@ Hendricks266

Yes , that is what i think too , but who have problems , can mayby try to set the Gamma/Brightness in the Graphics Driver , or use Reshade !

TP555

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMblackwell, on 24 October 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

By default Screengamma is cranked up to 32 in Redneck Rampage DOS.

That's true, but the real issue is that the renderer in the GDX ports is based on the ancient version of Polymost that was in JFBuild and simply doesn't support rendering some of the sector/wall/sprite properties in the engine correctly.

Skyboxes seem to get compressed at some point, even with GL Texture quality set to full (if you change it then change back it they will uncompressed, but goes back to compressed the next time you launch the game)

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostTerminX, on 25 October 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

That's true, but the real issue is that the renderer in the GDX ports is based on the ancient version of Polymost that was in JFBuild and simply doesn't support rendering some of the sector/wall/sprite properties in the engine correctly.

Also true.

Edit:

I haven't seen the skybox def but in response to that it can be a good idea to add the line "nocompress" to the end of the skybox def.

Like in this example.

Thanks. I will do so for the next release.

User is offline   leilei 

Quickly tried it:

- I'm not very familiar with Redneck Rampage but one bug I noticed is the behavior of the player corpse when collided with the truck. I recall it would ride with the truck but here it makes a strange.........repeated slow motion air juggle which is kind of amusing

- The 2x and 4x scaling options are interesting though on 1080 i do notice uneven aliasing with the weapon sprites. It would probably go away with a 16:10 res though (oddly 1280x800 isn't available)

- surprised the OPL3 emulation stuff isn't there in the audiolib yet (for Duke)

This post has been edited by leilei: 25 October 2018 - 11:00 PM

View Postleilei, on 25 October 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

- The 2x and 4x scaling options are interesting though on 1080 i do notice uneven aliasing with the weapon sprites.

That's a result of moving to hardware scaling. Previously the screen was pixel doubled before applying HUD and first person weapon sprites. Now the screen is scaled after those are applied.

Quickly tried it:

- I'm not very familiar with Redneck Rampage but one bug I noticed is the behavior of the player corpse when collided with the truck. I recall it would ride with the truck but here it makes a strange.........repeated slow motion air juggle which is kind of amusing

This also happens in original version as well.

Quickly tried it:

EDuke32 devs are going to add OPL3 emulation at some point.

User is offline   NY00123 

View PostNukeYKT, on 26 October 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

EDuke32 devs are going to add OPL3 emulation at some point.

Regarding the original tracks, it's also possible to load an AdLib music pack for now. I think it's a part of the "Alternate Duke3D Music Packs" from the HRP website's downloads page: https://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

User is offline   MrEWhite 

Framerate seems a tad low in classic mode @ 1440p on a i7 8086k, might just be me though.

View PostMrEWhite, on 26 October 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Framerate seems a tad low in classic mode @ 1440p on a i7 8086k, might just be me though.

How does original EDuke32 work on your setup?

This post has been edited by NukeYKT: 26 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTerminX, on 25 October 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

simply doesn't support rendering some of the sector/wall/sprite properties in the engine correctly.

What are you about? Examples?

User is offline   MrEWhite 

View PostNukeYKT, on 26 October 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

How does original EDuke32 work on your setup?

Works fine at a solid 165 FPS, but this drops from that 165 a lot to 110-120ish. It's not awful by any stretch, just a bit jarring. Honestly, it's probably just due to the fact I'm running software at 1440p.

This post has been edited by MrEWhite: 27 October 2018 - 09:49 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 October 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

These issues apply to RR/RRRA in addition to IM, and once fixed for one game will be fixed for all.

Sorry for the late reply, and slightly off-topic, but does that mean this 32-bit rendering issue is present in newer versions of eDuke as well?

With all these different versions running around I'm starting to get confused...

View PostNinety-Six, on 27 October 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Sorry for the late reply, and slightly off-topic, but does that mean this 32-bit rendering issue is present in newer versions of eDuke as well?

With all these different versions running around I'm starting to get confused...

Yes, but it happens rarely with Duke 3D maps.

View PostNukeYKT, on 28 October 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

Yes, but it happens rarely with Duke 3D maps.

What kind of rendering errors are they, anyway?

View PostNinety-Six, on 28 October 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

What kind of rendering errors are they, anyway?

Spoiler

View PostNY00123, on 26 October 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

Regarding the original tracks, it's also possible to load an AdLib music pack for now. I think it's a part of the "Alternate Duke3D Music Packs" from the HRP website's downloads page: https://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

Sounds like these tracks were recorded with a CQM(Creative's OPL3 clone) rather than proper OPL3 card.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Yeah, you should see what it can look like in action when you have more complicated/corner case maps. It's a flicker disco and looks like the whole map is corrupted despite it being just fine.

View PostNukeYKT, on 28 October 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

Spoiler

Is there any sort of trigger for those effects or is it just whenever it feels like?

User is offline   NY00123 

View PostNukeYKT, on 28 October 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

Sounds like these tracks were recorded with a CQM(Creative's OPL3 clone) rather than proper OPL3 card.

That's interesting. I also have the older files of musicpack_opl.zip, eduke32_musopl.zip (+eduke32_musonly.zip for use without the HRP) and duke3d_musopl.zip (the latter of which probably being eduke32_musopl.zip with modified highres/music.def and readme.txt files).

The later duke3d_music-adlib.zip file was repacked to not require the HRP. All of these packages (except for maybe musicpack_opl.zip?) were reportedly prepared using High Treason's recordings from a YM262 based card, at least according to their README files. See also: https://forums.duke4...lib-music-pack/

View PostNY00123, on 29 October 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

That's interesting. I also have the older files of musicpack_opl.zip, eduke32_musopl.zip (+eduke32_musonly.zip for use without the HRP) and duke3d_musopl.zip (the latter of which probably being eduke32_musopl.zip with modified highres/music.def and readme.txt files).

The later duke3d_music-adlib.zip file was repacked to not require the HRP. All of these packages (except for maybe musicpack_opl.zip?) were reportedly prepared using High Treason's recordings from a YM262 based card, at least according to their README files. See also: https://forums.duke4...lib-music-pack/

Here High Treason stated that he used AWE64 card to record this music pack. It is well known that none of AWE64 cards had true OPL3.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Do you support grpinfo? I tried to compile a custom rt66.grp, but Rednukem wouldn't show it even if a proper grpinfo is written. I tested it later with redneck.grp from GOG and if I add all the data correctly into grpinfo, the groupfile is actually not even shown in the launcher.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Update:
I am able to make the addon show up in the launcher when adding the "dependency" flag (with CRC of redneck.grp), but after launch the screen would remain black.

My grpinfo looks as follows:
grpinfo
{
    	name       "Suckin' Grits on Route 66"
    	scriptname "game66.con"
    	size       18211915
    	crc        -1467060190
    	dependency 433699961
}

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 November 2018 - 01:07 AM

I guess it's because main grp is not loaded. I'll look into this issue in few days.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options