Duke4.net Forums: Flamethrower! (new ammo for WT) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flamethrower! (new ammo for WT)  "Help for adding"

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Hello everyone ! I have finished importing the contents of Nuclear Winter and now I am attacking WT.

All I have to do for the WT is to add the BOSS5, the Firefly and of course, the flamethrower.

Posted Image

I had already posted a thread on adding new weapons, but in the wrong section. This time it will be the right one.

I have integrated the lines of codes of this weapon into my files, and all that is wrong is that the weapon does not appear on the screen.

I already have a lot of knowledge in code, although I still have a long way to go. I would like to be able to finally integrate a new weapon and that is why I solicit again the help of the community.

Thank you very much.

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 23 October 2018 - 08:28 AM

I presume you're aware of the existing stopgap project and you're just expanding that for the portions that are missing?

https://forums.duke4...bility-stopgap/

I did not know that a palliative at the WT existed. I had in the optics utility the flamethrower for a project. If it is also facilitated a lack of code, it is also possible.

Hello everyone! I decided to seriously resume the coding of the flamethrower. I managed to find a tutorial in Spanish, very well done.

I managed to display the weapon on the screen and I would like to have a display explanation.

How can one add with the weapon, the small animation flame ?

Here is the beginning of the code I'm building. This is the still image of the still weapon on the screen:

state flamethrower_display
 switch weaponcount
  case 0 case 1
   setvar digz 65536
   setvar digx 210
   setvar digy 261
   setvar picnum 5138
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   rotatesprite digx digy digz angvar picnum shade pal orientation 0 0 xdim ydim
  break

I would like to add with this, the little flame but I do not know how.

Thanks

Sorry I quickly found the answer. I just created another state. I will spare my question. How can we first display the small flame, and second the weapon ? Because the animation is slightly bugged.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hmm, unless by incredible coincidence you happen to use the same variable names and the same state names, you got that code from WGR2. I mention this because it's kind of annoying to see my code being described as code that someone else is "building". You are welcome to use it, by the way.

The complete code is in the WGR2 TC, with the "little flame", weapon animation etc.

Whoa ... I did not know, though, that this WT weapon had already been coded in a TC. I thought that this weapon was left to be rejected by others. However, I still want to code weapons and I would rather rely on those of Caribbean.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 11 December 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Whoa ... I did not know, though, that this WT weapon had already been coded in a TC. I thought that this weapon was left to be rejected by others. However, I still want to code weapons and I would rather rely on those of Caribbean.

The code you posted above looks like it was from WGR2, which was made several years before WT. It has nothing to do with WT, although I suppose someone could have used it as a base for displaying the WT flamethrower.

It's quite strange, because what I posted, comes from a Spanish forum, based solely on the WT's flamethrower.

I also did not know TC "WGR2"

I will not use your code. I would prefer to base myself on the WT (also Caribbean), to add new weapons. Thanks to the Spanish tutorial, I will start from scratch.

Last thing. When I code the flamethrower with a lot of patience, I will post on my thread the problems encountered.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 11 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 11 December 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

It's quite strange, because what I posted, comes from a Spanish forum, based solely on the WT's flamethrower.

I also did not know TC "WGR2"

It's fine. My code has been whored around all over the place. In fact there are bits of it which can be traced back to other people as well. That section does nothing significant, it just displays a tile. People at Spanish forums can copy/paste code as well as anyone :)

View PostTrooper Dan, on 11 December 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

It's fine. My code has been whored around all over the place. In fact there are bits of it which can be traced back to other people as well. That section does nothing significant, it just displays a tile. People at Spanish forums can copy/paste code as well as anyone :)

Yes, I'll be inspired to redo this famous flamethrower. This is the part "defineprojectile" that will be important.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

Good luck, sir.

Thanks!

I will need a lot of patience and courage to succeed in coding a first weapon.

In the thread creates "CON coding problems", it will be all the code related to the improvement of the game. Here, I used this thread only for the codes of the flamethrower. I will bring questions and advanced codes of this weapon.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 14 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

Motivated to take back the Flamethrower's code, I started to redo the tiles of the weapon. The base of the weapon and the barrel are assembled into a single tile. When I tested this on the screen, there was an animation bug when the player move with the weapon.

The only thing that blocks me to continue is to have the correct shooting animation when I shoot the projectiles.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 15 February 2019 - 09:50 AM

User is offline   Mark 

When you are all done with this project, are you releasing packs for each game or is it going to be 1 huge superpack where a mapper can use all of them ?

View PostMark, on 15 February 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

When you are all done with this project, are you releasing packs for each game or is it going to be 1 huge superpack where a mapper can use all of them ?

I think I would make a great pack, with textures, cons and def files, and sounds. I could also just send the files needed for someone here to benefit.

The better it will be a super pack, since all added extensions are included in one and the same game.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 15 February 2019 - 10:09 AM

User is offline   Mark 

WOW. There will probably be over 100 TILESxxx.art files :)

My first goal was to be able to make new maps, mixing many different universes based on several add-ons. With time, I took liberties to extend the delirium.

In this project there are lots of little surprises and frames that were unused. I did not create an ART file. All textures are defined in DEF files.

In this pack there is:

Duke Nukem 3D v0.99 Beta
Duke: Caribbean
Duke: Nuclear Winter
Duke: It out in D.C.
Duke: Xtreme
Total Meltdown (PSX)
Penthouse Paradise
BDP - The Gate
Duke 64
20th Anniversary World Tour
Duke Nukem Advance

Maybe I'll add this more:

LameDuke
Duke 3D Game.com
Total Meltdown (Sierra Extension)

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 15 February 2019 - 10:21 AM

Programming the flamethrower is quite offputting and it tends to demotivate me to continue coding it. :lol:

I have not even taken the third step, that I already have problems that I can not understand.

First step, display the weapon on the screen ? OKAY !
Second step, animation of the weapon when it shoots ? FUCK! I can not figure out what to add or change, so the animation runs smoothly.

Third step, FIREBALL projectile? IMPOSSIBLE to know precisely, the exact coordinates of the projectile, as they are presented in WT.

And of course to finish, the useractor "LAVAPOOL" is not correctly coded.

I found it easier to code monsters, rather than a weapon :)

I will be posting some code and a video soon to explain.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 16 February 2019 - 09:38 AM

User is online   Ninety-Six 

Yeah you aren't the first to attempt it for those same reasons. But whoever manages to do it (accurately) will be a hero.

View PostNinety-Six, on 16 February 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

Yeah you aren't the first to attempt it for those same reasons. But whoever manages to do it (accurately) will be a hero.

It reassures me ! :)

It would be easier to code the FIREFLY and the BOSS5 instead. Frankly, I did not think it would be so boring.

The only two things that prevent coding from progressing is simply this on-screen animation as well as the projectile. I have to compare the WT with my basic Eduke32.

The coding of the hud, the collection of the weapon, ammunition and the change of alternative sub weapon with EVENT_KEY look less complicated

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 16 February 2019 - 10:21 AM

I could nevertheless find two almost identical values, related to the projectile. The distance (PROJ_DROP) is -86. The speed (PROJ_VEL) is 800.

What I did not manage to do was use of a second RESPAWN for the impact of the projectile on the wall and the drag of the launched projectile (smaller Fireball).

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 16 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

I'm giving up ! There is too much variable to take into account. It's way too hard for me and it makes me feel bad.

I can not fix this fucking animation on the screen.

I can not properly define this fucking projectile.

I can not do a proper HUD, this fucking weapon and ammo.

And to end my spirits, there is an EVENT_LOOKUP who is there ... without being there !!! It is used to make a secondary projectile fire, but I can not keep the code, without telling him to create a secondary fire. AS I DO NOT WANT!... and a gamevar that refuses to work. Whore !

:)

Really, it depresses me and it destabilizes me :lol:

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 16 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Drink a few beers, kick your dog and you will feel better. :)

View PostMark, on 16 February 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Drink a few beers, kick your dog and you will feel better. :)

I do not have a dog ! :lol:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options