Duke4.net Forums: Flamethrower! (new ammo for WT) - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flamethrower! (new ammo for WT)  "Help for adding"

User is online   Firefly_Trooper 

Hello everyone ! I have finished importing the contents of Nuclear Winter and now I am attacking WT.

All I have to do for the WT is to add the BOSS5, the Firefly and of course, the flamethrower.

Posted Image

I had already posted a thread on adding new weapons, but in the wrong section. This time it will be the right one.

I have integrated the lines of codes of this weapon into my files, and all that is wrong is that the weapon does not appear on the screen.

I already have a lot of knowledge in code, although I still have a long way to go. I would like to be able to finally integrate a new weapon and that is why I solicit again the help of the community.

Thank you very much.

This post has been edited by leninjableu: 23 October 2018 - 08:28 AM

User is offline   enderandrew 

I presume you're aware of the existing stopgap project and you're just expanding that for the portions that are missing?

https://forums.duke4...bility-stopgap/

I did not know that a palliative at the WT existed. I had in the optics utility the flamethrower for a project. If it is also facilitated a lack of code, it is also possible.

Hello everyone! I decided to seriously resume the coding of the flamethrower. I managed to find a tutorial in Spanish, very well done.

I managed to display the weapon on the screen and I would like to have a display explanation.

How can one add with the weapon, the small animation flame ?

Here is the beginning of the code I'm building. This is the still image of the still weapon on the screen:

state flamethrower_display
 switch weaponcount
  case 0 case 1
   setvar digz 65536
   setvar digx 210
   setvar digy 261
   setvar picnum 5138
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   rotatesprite digx digy digz angvar picnum shade pal orientation 0 0 xdim ydim
  break

I would like to add with this, the little flame but I do not know how.

Thanks

Sorry I quickly found the answer. I just created another state. I will spare my question. How can we first display the small flame, and second the weapon ? Because the animation is slightly bugged.

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hmm, unless by incredible coincidence you happen to use the same variable names and the same state names, you got that code from WGR2. I mention this because it's kind of annoying to see my code being described as code that someone else is "building". You are welcome to use it, by the way.

The complete code is in the WGR2 TC, with the "little flame", weapon animation etc.

Whoa ... I did not know, though, that this WT weapon had already been coded in a TC. I thought that this weapon was left to be rejected by others. However, I still want to code weapons and I would rather rely on those of Caribbean.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 11 December 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Whoa ... I did not know, though, that this WT weapon had already been coded in a TC. I thought that this weapon was left to be rejected by others. However, I still want to code weapons and I would rather rely on those of Caribbean.

The code you posted above looks like it was from WGR2, which was made several years before WT. It has nothing to do with WT, although I suppose someone could have used it as a base for displaying the WT flamethrower.

It's quite strange, because what I posted, comes from a Spanish forum, based solely on the WT's flamethrower.

I also did not know TC "WGR2"

I will not use your code. I would prefer to base myself on the WT (also Caribbean), to add new weapons. Thanks to the Spanish tutorial, I will start from scratch.

Last thing. When I code the flamethrower with a lot of patience, I will post on my thread the problems encountered.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 11 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 11 December 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

It's quite strange, because what I posted, comes from a Spanish forum, based solely on the WT's flamethrower.

I also did not know TC "WGR2"

It's fine. My code has been whored around all over the place. In fact there are bits of it which can be traced back to other people as well. That section does nothing significant, it just displays a tile. People at Spanish forums can copy/paste code as well as anyone :)

View PostTrooper Dan, on 11 December 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

It's fine. My code has been whored around all over the place. In fact there are bits of it which can be traced back to other people as well. That section does nothing significant, it just displays a tile. People at Spanish forums can copy/paste code as well as anyone :)

Yes, I'll be inspired to redo this famous flamethrower. This is the part "defineprojectile" that will be important.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Good luck, sir.

Thanks!

I will need a lot of patience and courage to succeed in coding a first weapon.

In the thread creates "CON coding problems", it will be all the code related to the improvement of the game. Here, I used this thread only for the codes of the flamethrower. I will bring questions and advanced codes of this weapon.

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 14 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options