• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RedneckGDX

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTerminX, on 10 September 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Rename forum yes, add subforums no.

Ok, I just offered this, not a call to action

User is online   Phredreeke 

You got to rename some files for Route 66 to work.
GAME66.CON to GAME.CON
TILESA66.ART and TILESB66.ART to TILES024.ART and TILESA25.ART respectively

User is offline   The Kins 

Thanks.

Is it just me or are the cheats different? Typing rdelvis doesn't seem to do anything, whether during normal play, into text chat ala Blood, etc, and there don't seem to be any cheat commands in the console.

User is offline   m210® 

You need type rdelvis in console

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostM210, on 11 September 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

You need type rdelvis in console
Ahh. Thanks!

Is there a way to change map in the console? "map" "rdmeadow" and "rdfuckngo" all seem to not work for me.

User is offline   Newken 

Audio issues:
- restarting level doesn't change the audio track
- the pickup truck's engine is silent (first map)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostThe Kins, on 11 September 2018 - 01:21 AM, said:

Ahh. Thanks!

Is there a way to change map in the console? "map" "rdmeadow" and "rdfuckngo" all seem to not work for me.

I made only three cheats yet : rdall, rdelvis and rdclip.

Also you can use my debug code "restart", you will go to the next level

User is offline   axl 

Great release !

User is offline   Tekedon 

Congrats to the release! I had a few crashes, not sure what triggered them yet. But people more into Redneck might be able to pinpoint the causes.

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 September 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

You got to rename some files for Route 66 to work.
GAME66.CON to GAME.CON
TILESA66.ART and TILESB66.ART to TILES024.ART and TILESA25.ART respectively

it's not fully correct.
need to rename TILESA66.ART and TILESB66.ART to TILES009.ART and TILES023.ART respectively

This post has been edited by max_nukem: 11 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

That is technically correct but as long as the Route 66 ART files come at the end they will override the tiles in the prior files

User is offline   axl 

I'm sure M210 will provide an easy solution to launch Route 66 in the future. A similar way as he did with Cryptic Passage would be perfect :rolleyes:

User is offline   m210® 

Opened
https://gitlab.com/m210/RedneckGDX.git

I'd suggest that for future releases also uploading an archive of said release's source code to your website

User is offline   Newken 

Sometimes a weapon switches to another one after the first shot. My mouse wheel is fine.

User is offline   fgsfds 

I had this problem in the original too.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

In the first level, you can hop on the fence and get to the other side to get to the boat dock instead of finding the key. I'm not sure if that's how it's meant to work, been years since I played RR.

User is offline   Krieghor 

View Postthricecursed, on 13 September 2018 - 04:32 AM, said:

In the first level, you can hop on the fence and get to the other side to get to the boat dock instead of finding the key. I'm not sure if that's how it's meant to work, been years since I played RR.

DOS RR is the same.

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostKrieghor, on 13 September 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

DOS RR is the same.

First thing I checked, that's when I got my first crash when hopping the fence.

M210 just downloaded your git, doesn't look like you included your engine code(only gameplay code), don't you need to include everything?

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Isn't BuildGDX source also on gitlab?

View PostDzierzan, on 13 September 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

Isn't BuildGDX source also on gitlab?

So it is :rolleyes: https://gitlab.com/m210/BuildEngine

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

User is offline   max_nukem 

Just finished Route 66 - it's fully playable.
Make some full HD screens for you guys,
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Thanks M210!
Waiting Rides Again!

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Okay, I've sunk enough time into the game to kinda have an opinion on how it holds up and wellllll....

I'm still one of those weirdos who enjoys the level design of RR but man, the core gameplay mechanics feel super weird. I think the source port could use some balance changes, especially when it comes to the accuracy of the pistol and the shotgun. Shooting them is basically RNG now, even from medium range sometimes it takes more than 6 shots to take out a simple trash mob with perfect accuracy simply because your shots won't always hit, the spread is too large even for the pistol. I guess this has to do something with enemies too because the damage pistol and shottie rednecks deal can be very random.

Also M210: could we have a gut and alcohol meter for the simple HUD?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 September 2018 - 12:17 AM

Also M210: could we have a gut and alcohol meter for the simple HUD?

[TC]Čiαиєz guy created this:

Posted Image

So it's up to M210 to implement that.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 15 September 2018 - 02:02 AM

M210, you're the greatest!

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDzierzan, on 15 September 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

[TC]Čiαиєz guy created this:

Posted Image

So it's up to M210 to implement that.

Cool, I just don't know where that would fit on the hud since you don't want to clutter up the bottom of the screen either. I'd be fine with a solution where they only get shown for a few seconds on the screen when there is a change in gut or alcohol.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

User is offline   RazTK 

The window glasses in Downtown Hickston are unbreakable in v0.751. Working fine in previous version.

Thanks for this port, by the way. This is my first serious playthrough of this game (the theme never really appealed to me, I'm quite surprised to have finished the first episodes), and god, the maps are sometimes so annoying and confusing, it almost feels as if they made them to be.

Is there any improvement in that regard in Rides Again and Route 66 or will I find myself watching YouTube walkthroughs again? :-)

Both Rides Again and Route 66 have better map design, not the best of the best, but certainly better than original RR levels.

I was wondering if the gameplay in the GDX version was generally reflective of RR as a whole, because if it is... I can see why people often omit this game from the top list of BUILD games. Blood, I think, is just underrated, but RR is... mediocre. It's a neat game, but mostly I just like playing it because it's the game of my people. Weapons are meh, level design is boring, kind of flat. Also, aiming doesn't work for shit. Maybe some QoL improvements could be built into the game, but if it stays close to vanilla, then I don't think I'd bother finishing it.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options