Duke4.net Forums: Cyberpunk 2077 - A First-Person RPG From CD Projekt Red - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cyberpunk 2077 - A First-Person RPG From CD Projekt Red

User is offline   Malgon 

Here's the preload times for PC:

Steam and Epic preloads:

8 am PT on December 7
11 am ET on December 9
4 pm GMT on December 7
12 am CST on December 8
3 am AEDT on December 8

GOG Preloads:

3 am PT on December 7
6 am ET on December 7
11 am GMT on December 7
7 pm CST on December 7
10 pm AEDT on December 7

And the unlock times:

Posted Image
https://www.pcgamer....0Games%20Store.

User is offline   jkas789 

So after playing this game for like 3 days I have uninstalled it from my PC. Performance wise as long as you stay within the requirements you should be able to do fine. My laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 with a i7 6700 hq, 16 gbs of ram, an Nvidia gtx 960m and a 1tb ssd. My experience was mostly fine. I played it at 720p in low graphics settings and honestly nthe game looked fine and ran in 30-40 fps which I personally don't mind.

What I did mind was the fact that it was buggy as shit. At one point one of the main quests bugged on me so bad that I basically had to restart the game. I'm decided to uninstall it and wait 6 months for it to get patch. Also honestly bit is not that revolutionary. IMO Fallout New Vegas has better writing than Cyberpunk. So if you are expecting a cool awesome story than hold in your expectations.

Keanu Reeves does steal the show though.

So... This has definitely not being CDPR's week. Sony of all companies has delisted Cyberpunk from the past store and is offering refunds.

That is nuts.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Geez...I feel like everything is coming out of the woodwork to punish CDPR in a pretty brutal way that we haven't seen before. And it's too bad because from what I hear it's not like the underlying game is bad. There's good stuff under there. It's just a sad situation.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 17 December 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

Geez...I feel like everything is coming out of the woodwork to punish CDPR in a pretty brutal way that we haven't seen before. And it's too bad because from what I hear it's not like the underlying game is bad. There's good stuff under there. It's just a sad situation.

First off, goron tunic for Christmas? I see you are a man of culture!

Back to Cyberpunk, the game is actually good. It does need some balance issue and the AI is not as broken as everyone says. However what made me drop it were the quest breaking bugs. The game needed at least 6 more months in the oven IMO.

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postjkas789, on 17 December 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

First off, goron tunic for Christmas? I see you are a man of culture!

With the small addition of a fuzzy pom on the end and a bit of white trim on his cap to make it more festive :D. More boticable in the full image I made and cropped.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 17 December 2020 - 10:21 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

It just seems like more of an open world action game than an RPG at this point and I'm not gonna be playing it. Maybe in a year or so if I'm really bored. Damn near everyone I watch on YT encounters bugs on their playthrough, like if you try to venture outside of the main story for any reason. And they had so many years to get it right.

Outside of bugs, this is what pisses me off the most, though. Didn't this company have a lot of goodwill with gamers? Like more than usual. They completely fucked themselves...

User is offline   Malgon 

I've got a particularly annoying bug where I can't seem to unequip items in my inventory most of the time, which seems to be related to a conflict with Logitech software. Also have another common bug where you can't unholster your weapon, which is pretty shit. Not sure how basic stuff like this slipped through QA and isn't really forgivable imo. Apparently a lot of people have had serious quest bugs and other game-breaking issues. I haven't had any of those (yet), but have spotted several characters literally popping in in front of me and other assorted glitches in almost 20 hours of play.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

CD Projekt Red owns gog, little misstep in releasing way too early because investors were being too pushy, and people were making death threats, not too much of a problem.

They're like a much better apple of game distribution, dare I say linux.

I'm not going to complain too much about them as a company unless their platform absconds being drm free, gets rid of my library, or doesn't aid in rereleasing old games.

This post has been edited by Null: 18 December 2020 - 12:13 AM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostBattleWalrus, on 18 December 2020 - 12:00 AM, said:

Outside of bugs, this is what pisses me off the most, though. Didn't this company have a lot of goodwill with gamers? Like more than usual. They completely fucked themselves...

You're on duke4, you very well know the phrase
"Cutting is shipping"

They should have kept development very quiet, a la Final Fantasy XV which had 10 years in development, before they released their final product, only weebs followed that development cycle, and even if they did information was scarce.

Deep Down is in that same development hell, but if you follow that cycle, it's mainly engine development, something will come out of that "game" it might be something totally different, but capcom gots a new game engine out of it.

They obviously flew too close to the sun and too early.

I honestly think they should stick with managing gog, and release a new game by happenstance like valve does.

This post has been edited by Null: 18 December 2020 - 12:27 AM

• banned!

View PostNull, on 18 December 2020 - 12:12 AM, said:

CD Projekt Red owns gog

Nope, CDPR and GOG are both subsidiaries of CD Project. CDPR is the development department/branch, but the company is called CD Projekt.

This post has been edited by BattleWalrus: 18 December 2020 - 12:30 AM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostBattleWalrus, on 18 December 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

Nope, CDPR and GOG are both subsidiaries of CD Project. CDPR is the development department/branch, but the company is called CD Projekt.

Wholly owned subsidiaries.

It's like saying square enix divisions 1-4 are not square enix.

Cool they're separate subsidiaries from the publisher.

Gog gives money to cd Projekt after gog is paid.

Cd Projekt red pays cd Projekt after they are paid.

Corporate restructuring is going to happen after this.

People are going to lose jobs, and that's the sad thing.

Square enix is an independent studio, they make indie games.

Cd Projekt red would have to be renamed, or the publisher would have to be renamed for them to sell it off.

Cd Projekt red is also considered an independent studio.

This post has been edited by Null: 18 December 2020 - 12:45 AM

• banned!

View PostNull, on 18 December 2020 - 12:36 AM, said:

It's like saying square enix divisions 1-4 are not square enix.

You were saying the developing branch runs GOG and that this is the reason you won't criticize "CD Projekt Red" too harshly. Realize your error and move on.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostBattleWalrus, on 18 December 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

You were saying the developing branch runs GOG and that this is the reason you won't criticize "CD Projekt Red" too harshly. Realize your error and move on.

Lol, like none of this is on the publisher and it's the developers fault.

I have sincere doubts this was the developers fault.

Publishing arm at huge fucking fault.

Publishing arm is responsible for gog.

Being pedantic is stupid.

This post has been edited by Null: 18 December 2020 - 12:50 AM

• banned!

Didn't say it was the developers fault; just correcting your mistakes and dislogic.

Also, now you're saying the publisher (CD Projekt) is at fault. You were defending them a moment ago, saying they run GOG, so they're cool in your book.

This post has been edited by BattleWalrus: 18 December 2020 - 12:56 AM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostBattleWalrus, on 18 December 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

Didn't say it was the developers fault; just correcting your mistakes and dislogic.

Being pedantic.

Cd Projekt is one of the very few large independent studios.

Cd Projekt red is considered the creative division of cd Projekt.

Square enix creative divisions 1-4 are considered the creative divisions of square enix.

Now, stop being pedantic.

And, yeah, they're at fucking fault, but I don't care too much about one shipped too early game, it's nothing compared to being wholesomely competitive with steam and not being 40% owned by the Chinese state like some other business.

Mandalorian is out btw, can we stop arguing about my shitty use of the english language.

And I finished legion, 8.6/10 damn good show.

This post has been edited by Null: 18 December 2020 - 01:01 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

GoG f***ed up on other shit.
Cancelled just 5-6 hours after announced, wow...

I don't have interest on both games(maybe Cyberpunk but I don't have time to play new games now) but, I feel CDP people really got their screws so loose and keep ruined their things. :(

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 18 December 2020 - 03:38 AM

• banned!

View PostPlayer Lin, on 18 December 2020 - 03:36 AM, said:

GoG f***ed up on other shit.
Cancelled just 5-6 hours after announced, wow...

You can still buy Hatred on Steam and Gaben offered a personal apology to its developer before reinstating it. Pretty unbelievable that GOG would be worse than that, over something much less controversial. All good things come to an end. Really they do, if you think about it.

View PostBattleWalrus, on 18 December 2020 - 03:57 AM, said:

Pretty unbelievable that GOG would be worse than that, over something much less controversial. All good things come to an end. Really they do, if you think about it.

Ultimately, that's just they want the money from China, or they just underestimated the power of those fanatic nationalists...either way, they got backlashes by both ways. Sad. :(

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostNull, on 18 December 2020 - 12:47 AM, said:

Being pedantic is stupid.

But fun.

Oh boy. This has been the one of the most interesting thrash fires in the video game community in a while. Not even Fallout 76 (A game worse than Cyberpunk 2077 at launch. Heck it even crashed consoles) had this shit show.

Attached Image: image0.jpg

Attached Image: e8a.jpg

When hypes about Cyberpunk 2077 just built so damn high, and when they fucked up, it'll fucked up...so HARD, even its problem wasn't that big.

You know, after FO76 now is much better than launch(I tried 76 in one of Steam Free weekend recently, no weird shit happened, that's good sign, too bad I don't have time for other MMO as I already had some moblie shit and prefer stick on SP games I have now...), I think Cyberpunk 2077 and CDPR can recover from that shitfest.

Yes, it definitely the damage may never fully recover but still it will recovered eventually, unless something bad happens, I hope not. :unsure:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 18 December 2020 - 08:25 AM

• banned!

Posted Image

Holy shit it keeps getting worse.

So much fucking worse. Xbox is also offering refunds.

You at the rate this is going, I will be very impressed if CDPR survives this one (their stocks are apparently tanking as well).

Jesus Christ the train does not stop. So it turns out that not only their subreddit is rebelling, but also Jason Schreier whistled out that there was an internal meeting between the devs and management that got a little heated.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostBattleWalrus, on 18 December 2020 - 03:57 AM, said:

You can still buy Hatred on Steam and Gaben offered a personal apology to its developer before reinstating it. Pretty unbelievable that GOG would be worse than that, over something much less controversial. All good things come to an end. Really they do, if you think about it.

It's not on steam either, hasn't been there since February.
I doubt it'll ever be on epic.

Probably due to Chinese investment

Also gog has always been a curated storefront, I agree that this specific situation is bullshit but they pick and choose games probably based on possible profit, they're not steams anything goes wild west thing whatsoever, is it better? No, just a different approach.

Red Eclipse tried to get on their storefront years ago, and because warsow which used to be on their storefront wasn't making them any money, they refused Red Eclipse from getting onto the platform.

Are they a perfect company, no.

Are they better then steam?

Yes imo, I like not having to deal with drm, it's nice.

This post has been edited by Null: 18 December 2020 - 08:13 PM

View PostNull, on 18 December 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

Probably due to Chinese investment

That's what happens when you let PRC Investors/people helps/try to help running your stores/services or/and target their market too(GoG do have Weibo account in China and they did post apology for this shitfest by "hurt them"). If you want their money, you have to do such things or they'll let you suffer with different methods until you give up or knee. And yeah they(whoever decided put Devotion on GoG) may didn't know what happened in past but that does mean they did not doing their research works properly and now burned themself.

Didn't say GoG really was the fault, we know who is/are but in reality, CDP just didn't think much when doing their things recently, that's for sure.
Still, good luck to them all(CDP/GoG/CDPR/Cyberpunk 2077 etc).

:(

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 18 December 2020 - 08:57 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostPlayer Lin, on 18 December 2020 - 08:51 PM, said:

That's what happens when you let PRC Investors/people helps/try to help running your stores/services or/and target their market too(GoG do have Weibo account in China and they did post apology for this shitfest by "hurt them"). If you want their money, you have to do such things or they'll let you suffer with different methods until you give up or knee. And yeah they(whoever decided put Devotion on GoG) may didn't know what happened in past but that does mean they did not doing their research works properly and now burned themself.

Didn't say GoG really was the fault, we know who is/are but in reality, CDP just didn't think much when doing their things recently, that's for sure.
Still, good luck to them all(CDP/GoG/CDPR/Cyberpunk 2077 etc).

:(

A different example of this is wolfenstein having to remove all of the nazi content so it can be released in germany, it's a far cry from what's happening with devotion, but this kinda stuff happens quite a bit.

EDIT: Pre-youngblood looks like they lifted the ban.

This post has been edited by Null: 18 December 2020 - 09:33 PM

• banned!

View PostNull, on 18 December 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

It's not on steam either, hasn't been there since February.

At least the devs themselves removed it & not Steam, so in this regard they're better than GOG. Only in this regard, man. Who the hell wants DRM? There's literally no other reason to dislike GOG (but IMO this is a big one).

This post has been edited by BattleWalrus: 18 December 2020 - 11:41 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostBattleWalrus, on 18 December 2020 - 11:26 PM, said:

At least the devs themselves removed it & not Steam, so in this regard they're better than GOG. Only in this regard, man. Who the hell wants DRM? There's literally no other reason to dislike GOG (but IMO this is a big one).

I would assume redcandle would have asked steam first, to re-release the game, steam probably just said no, therefore there's no news of the company announcing its re-release on steam, and steam denying the game, or games disappearing from the store as that's hardly news. Steam would have probably removed it, and the studio just acted in good faith.

Only difference is redcandle thought that gog would re-release it, then gog retreaded, probably because they didn't do proper research.

No sane studio is going to release solely on gog without reason, gog has a miniscule market share compared to steam, and they don't have fortnite unreal tencent money for exclusivity deals. Gog was probably a last hope situation.

It makes no financial sense whatsoever to release solely on gog.

This post has been edited by Null: 19 December 2020 - 12:45 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options