Duke4.net Forums: DNF Modding Discoveries - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Modding Discoveries  "Posting my findings on DNF"

View PostFuturetime23, on 24 May 2022 - 01:00 PM, said:

So I decided to test out if it was indeed only movers that generally caused 01 campaign maps to crash in 2011 (per crash logs)...and it was. I removed the mover brushes and they now worked in 2011.

Here are some shots with some added lighting here and there:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Barring the last one from z1l1_3, the rest are all z1l1_4.

Shockingly enough, it turns out that level exits still work just fine - the exit to z1l1_4 took me to z1l1_5.

That actually blows my mind...

View PostFuturetime23, on 24 May 2022 - 01:00 PM, said:

So I decided to test out if it was indeed only movers that generally caused 01 campaign maps to crash in 2011 (per crash logs)...and it was. I removed the mover brushes and they now worked in 2011.

Here are some shots with some added lighting here and there:

Barring the last one from z1l1_3, the rest are all z1l1_4.

Shockingly enough, it turns out that level exits still work just fine - the exit to z1l1_4 took me to z1l1_5.

Do all the weapons and enemies get automatically replaced by the 2011 counterparts?

View PostPikaCommando, on 28 May 2022 - 06:50 PM, said:

Do all the weapons and enemies get automatically replaced by the 2011 counterparts?

no, the class names are entirely different between versions.
It should be noted shotgunammo is present in both but this causes 2011 to crash because shotgunammo can't be spawned in - the equivalent of that is shotgunammopickup (unused normally but still fully functional) not shotgunammo. 3DR split the code for the ammo and the pickups in two different entities, same deal goes for shotgun and shotgunpickup for example, and most other guns.

User is offline   Martianman 

Hey, I just stumbled across your Classic Style mod for DNF, and I gotta congratulate you on a job well done. I haven't played this game in a long time, probably almost a decade, and it feels so much better with the changes you've made. Not having the weapons limit, not having all the dumb health regen mechanics, it feels like a reasonably competent game now. I do have one question though, you mention that you've added the DLC weapons to the keybinds, is this only for multiplayer, or have you added the DLC weapons into the single player campaigns as well? I'm about halfway through the main campaign and I have been keeping an eye out for them, but I haven't seen any yet.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

If you used my glove textures Futuretime23, it would have been a nice thing to give credit. If they are mine, there isn't even a mention n the download readme file.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 05 June 2022 - 03:39 PM

View PostTea Monster, on 05 June 2022 - 03:35 PM, said:

If you used my glove textures Futuretime23, it would have been a nice thing to give credit. If they are mine, there isn't even a mention n the download readme file.

I mentioned you in the special thanks section in the readme.txt, what are you talking about? Do you mean that one set I asked you to make a long time ago? That's not used at all.
What I used for the 2009 Duke mod was an old glove diff that you made that was based off 2009's norm and spec but I only used parts of it (glove only) the rest was me using knuckles, skin, nails and fingers from the spec file and painting them to match duke's correct skintone. I didn't use the norm or spec you made, both were taken from the leftover green norm and spec files in DNF directly.
I'm a little confused here, is your issue that I wasn't specific enough on what you did exactly in the special thanks section? If that's the case, no problems, my bad, I'll correct this right away. If it's any consolation IIRC I stated a couple of times on duke4's discord that it was based off a diffuse you made and that it was strictly a placeholder to be replaced.

Also on that note, keep in mind that the glovehand diffuse for DNFO is already completely different (in the upcoming beta to be exact) and is no longer using that part of that set. It's a recreation of the 2009 glove, using 09's norm and spec as a base with visual material to get as accurate of a recreation as possible.
It goes without saying you'll still be credited in DNFO for having helped getting 2009 Duke in, just as I credited you earlier in the 2009 Duke DNF mod release.

Hope this clears everything.

This post has been edited by Futuretime23: 05 June 2022 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostTea Monster, on 05 June 2022 - 03:35 PM, said:

Which Gloves were yours?

1:
Posted Image

2:
Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

OK, I'm blind. Sorry, my apologies.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 05 June 2022 - 10:31 PM

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options