Duke4.net Forums: DNF Modding Discoveries - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Modding Discoveries  "Posting my findings on DNF"

Very nice Duke remodel. But I don't think this Duke will fit in his DNF persona. Can't see the more serious Duke tolerating the holsom twins for more than 2 seconds, but I know you're planning on removing them for your mod later =). Bringing him to multiplayer would be awesome.

View PostRedxplatinum, on 02 March 2021 - 06:25 PM, said:

Very nice Duke remodel. But I don't think this Duke will fit in his DNF persona. Can't see the more serious Duke tolerating the holsom twins for more than 2 seconds, but I know you're planning on removing them for your mod later =). Bringing him to multiplayer would be awesome.

oh it definitely doesn't fit that persona, but that's gonna get changed, I mean after all, one of the selling points of the mod is that you can actually play as Duke Nukem and not Douche NotCum, in look, gameplay and personality.
btw the model is currently in MP, it's just lacking the proper textures but that will be fixed.

User is offline   ReiKaz 

Hello! You have idea, how change audio duration for "Sounds.dat" files? My first try is to change main menu music, but it plays original duration of "Menu_Ambience" mp3 file. Somewhere should be values for duration, somewhere in "SoundDir.dat" or "Sound.dat" ?!

Original "Menu_Ambience.mp3" file duration:
001.945.728 samples / 44.121 seconds

EDIT:
Sfx's bugs all around.. moddified 2 files, keeping original duration. This is cause of offset changed, or also need some custom hex edits in audio file itself?!

This post has been edited by ReiKaz: 13 March 2021 - 05:35 AM

View PostReiKaz, on 13 March 2021 - 04:38 AM, said:

Hello! You have idea, how change audio duration for "Sounds.dat" files? My first try is to change main menu music, but it plays original duration of "Menu_Ambience" mp3 file. Somewhere should be values for duration, somewhere in "SoundDir.dat" or "Sound.dat" ?!

Original "Menu_Ambience.mp3" file duration:
001.945.728 samples / 44.121 seconds

EDIT:
Sfx's bugs all around.. moddified 2 files, keeping original duration. This is cause of offset changed, or also need some custom hex edits in audio file itself?!

hmm, you sure the size is the same or lower as the original file? What I do with dnf's sounds so the dat file isn't so bloated is to directly insert the modified mp3 via hex editor and making sure it's the same size as the original or smaller (if it's smaller, I pad out the remaining bytes of the mp3 files I'm replacing with 00)
If your new mp3 file is smaller then I haven't got an idea what could control duration barring something sounddir or potentially one of the dfx audio files.

This post has been edited by Futuretime23: 13 March 2021 - 03:48 PM

User is offline   ReiKaz 

View PostFuturetime23, on 13 March 2021 - 03:39 PM, said:

hmm, you sure the size is the same or lower as the original file? What I do with dnf's sounds so the dat file isn't so bloated is to directly insert the modified mp3 via hex editor and making sure it's the same size as the original or smaller (if it's smaller, I pad out the remaining bytes of the mp3 files I'm replacing with 00)
If your new mp3 file is smaller then I haven't got an idea what could control duration barring something sounddir or potentially one of the dfx audio files.

Got it! Thank you! I'll make sure to keep in check same size in bytes / same audio files offsets in pack.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options