Duke4.net Forums: wiki broken and another issue - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

wiki broken and another issue

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The quick links at the top of the EDuke32 wiki are not showing. I'm referring to links to the lists of commands, structure members, etc. Right now you have to search for the individual item you want, which means you have to remember what it is.

An unrelated issue that I just discovered: The htflag for SFLAG_WAKEUPBADGUYS does not work as intended. It will cause bad guys to wake up, but then they immediately go back to sleep unless the player happens to be in line of sight with them when they wake. This makes the flag useless, since they would normally wake up when in line of sight to the player even without this flag being used.

Example: Set the flag on SHOTSPARK1. Now shoot a bullet around a corner so that a monster can see the impact but not the player. The monster will wake up, but then will immediately go back to sleep. I guess this is because the flag is causing the statnum of the monster to change, but it is not changing its timetosleep to an appropriate value. One could write separate script to keep the monster awake, but that would mean knowing which monsters to set it on, which completely negates any value that the spriteflag has, because you would have to write a loop that checks the monsters in line of sight to the SHOTSPARK1, at which point you might as well just forget the flag and change the statnum too.

http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Htflags

User is offline   Mark 

Also, I just clicked on "Scripting using CON files" in the wiki and some unrelated page about sports popped up instead. I clicked on a few others and they seemed OK.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 04 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Fixed now?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The wiki is fixed, yes.

• el fundador

I'll commit a fix for the other thing later.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

nice that you take time from tweaking your port to still dedicate a bit of attention to fixing the site.

• el fundador

Making sure the hosting stuff is running smoothly is still a high priority for me. Stuff like the wiki is definitely going to be important when IM comes out!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I downloaded the new built that is supposed to fix the wakeupbadguys flag issue, but it's still not working for me. It is different, though -- now the enemies do not wake up from seeing the SHOTSPARK1 at all, even for one moment.

I tried this:

spriteflags SHOTSPARK1 33554432

And then I tried using spriteflags 33554432 from within the actor instead, and it made no difference. I can shoot bullets with the shot sparks in clear view of enemies and they don't wake up at all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options