Duke4.net Forums: Complex 256 color transparent edge pixel problems - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Complex 256 color transparent edge pixel problems  "possible alignment issues with complex colors"

User is offline   Nukester09 

I updated the sprite,I made sure the sprite was centered,both files 320x200 bty the pcx and gif files
and yet,in build I notice above the sprite flickering pixels when one moves about in the room,like stardust,which is kinda telling me that just
maybe the sprite isn't actually centered,
or maybe the sprite is too shiny and complex,I don't know,but what I do know is that I have 3 sprites

1. A wall table (no problems)

2. A Mirror (flickering pixels above-problem unresolved)

3 A framed painting (same thing going on as #2)

Now is this not going on with the wall table because it's a simple brown table,non-complex in pixel count
and if this is true,how can I fix #2 and #3 hit + and - keys to tone down lighting,just askin?

User is offline   Nukester09 

NEVER MIND
This problem with trial and error was resolved,what I did is after I hit (U) I moved the cursor to the top
of the screen,the pcx file moves down a little bit,just enough to see some leftover messed up pixels that
needed to be removed.

I hit (TAB)the cursor now starts to paint at the same color as the transparent background,I next move up
top and change the messed up pixels along the top to pink the same color as the transparent background,
I hit (V) and (Y) yes I want to save and that's pretty much it.

The only thing I can't figure out is why the army ants didn't cover the whole screen and no it doesn't have
anything with me not hitting the ~ key I know about this,tryed it and it didn't make any difference,anyway
problem solved,sigh on to the next one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options