Duke4.net Forums: Random HTTKC discussion - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Random HTTKC discussion  "Split from the Ion Maiden thread"

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, let's say I am currently experimenting with different versions of the menufont, trying to find out the one offering the best legibility. Besides a good font type (such as the classic redfont from 1.3D), brightness is also a factor, and the yellow/orange letters from HTTK deliver regarding that.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

If you can somehow only replace the menu graphics without altering the in-game lettering then I'd be in support of that. Otherwise the letters should stay red IMO

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

In Megaton they managed to use a yellow TTF font for the menu while on the loading and level ending screen they still used the red font. Primarily however I would be interested in recreating the EDuke32-style HTTK HUD with its semi-transparent yellow icons, transparent keycards and yellow numbers. TBH I think it's pretty cool and even better than the current EDuke32 HUD from a visual/artistic POV.

I dunno if this can be done however since graphics are created from sprites and you would have to make the HUD use its own icons somehow. It would work for the inventory icons, but not for health/armor/ammo/keycard symbols.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 19 May 2021 - 08:01 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options