Duke4.net Forums: Blood corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood corner  "For Blood 1 & 2 related talk."

Might be off topic but AT&T is looking to sell their gaming division Warner Bros Interactive to a company for $4 billion dollars. Electronic Arts, Take-Two Interactive and Activision Blizzard are interested. This could make the hopes of releasing the Blood source code even more grim than ever. Uh oh. Posted Image

https://www.gamespot...mpaign=homepage

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Why do you even still want the source code released? NBlood or BloodGDX aren't enough already? If they can run demos without any desync, then this proves are highly accurate. Besides IF the possible new onwer gets Blood's IP, this won't automatically mean the source will be released.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Blood is in a better state now than several games with source releases - ROTT anyone?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The source could provide greater accuracy and vestigial information for nerds, but yeah things are better than ever.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the source so we can edit maps in Mapster, or would that not help things?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMorpheus Kitami, on 15 June 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have the source so we can edit maps in Mapster, or would that not help things?

The Blood source may or may not contain the source to the map editing tool as well so it may or again may not be related

User is offline   Dzierzan 

NMapedit is/was (depending on the author) being made which has mapster32 features. When will it be done? No one knows.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostPhredreeke, on 12 June 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Blood is in a better state now than several games with source releases - ROTT anyone?

It's just criminal that ROTT doesn't have a competent source port. How has it been this way for 25+ years?

User is offline   Player Lin 

Because...it's not famous then Blood?
Also its Wolf3d-based engine was dated when compared to Blood or other games like DooM or Duke(even though Wolf3D-based games should be enough fan-base?)...

Or maybe just lack of someone can doing something like ZDooM/EDuke32 port?

:)

Don't mind me, I just talk some nighty shit...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 July 2020 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   Fauch 

Started Blood very recently. It's hard at the beginning, but fun once you get used to it.

I'd be fine with a ROTT port that's just the software renderer as long as it has modern controls and runs at 1680x1050

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostPhredreeke, on 26 July 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'd be fine with a ROTT port that's just the software renderer as long as it has modern controls and runs at 1680x1050

And correct aspect ratio please. It's beyond me why most existing ROTT ports seem to completely ignore this issue whereas ports and recreations of almost every other 2.5D VGA DOS first-person game handle this properly by default (well, most Build engine games had this from the very start so you can write 'em off for once). I mean, Doom95 is not the way to go, right?

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 31 July 2020 - 05:43 AM

Truly, the pinnacle of online entertainment.

User is online   gemeaux333 

Is there a chance of seeing a remake of Blood 2 achieving/matching the original level of ambition ? As Blood: Fresh Supply was done by Nightdive and release a year ago, there's hope for Blood 2...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 21 August 2020 - 06:55 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Doubt

User is offline   Jim 

You can always try Darkwatch. works fine on pcsx2

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Blood Fresh Supply is worse than the original game though.

View PostJimmy, on 21 August 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

Blood Fresh Supply is worse than the original game though.

Posted Image

The difference is that Blood 2 has many things that need fixing, whereas Blood's only issue is mouse aiming, I guess. I don't think I've ever actually played any Build engine games with mouse controls. You know, outside of EDuke or BuildGDX. If a Blood 2 KEX conversation happened, would people care if the physics was broken as long as the rest of it was fixed?

I played every old classic game from DOS era that allows it with mouse only for quick left or right character rotation and LMB/RMB for fire/altfire/aim (to avoid often mentioned tank controls effect when you have different buttons to rotate and move near the same spot), Blood is the most smooth of all despite crippled crosshair aiming

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 22 August 2020 - 01:34 AM

Posted Image

The catch, this only works in Polymost (because it uses hightiles to only override tiles with palette 10). I made it for BloodGDX but it should work in NBlood as well if you rename the DEF file.

Posted Image

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Player Lin 

TBH, the beta small red texts are TOO hard to read...while it's looks cool but I guess that's why they changed to final one. :)

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 23 August 2020 - 12:38 AM, said:

TBH, the beta small red texts are TOO hard to read...while it's looks cool but I guess that's why they changed to final one. :)

Yeah that is what I've gathered aswell. I think that this hud actually survived to some of the shareware versions aswell, so the beta is not the only version that
uses this HUD. If my memory isn't totally f'ed up.

I wondered, what are the numbers near the little red and green squares representing, those at the right bottom of the Fresh Supply HUD ?

Have someone ever made a list of all the features that have not been included in the retail version of Blood 2 ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 24 August 2020 - 01:02 PM

View Postgemeaux333, on 24 August 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

I wondered, what are the numbers near the little red and green squares representing, those at the right bottom of the Fresh Supply HUD ?

Have someone ever made a list of all the features that have not been included in the retail version of Blood 2 ?

They are proximity (green) and remote (red) dynamites. They were here on hud since shareware of DOS Blood.

Thanks

When it comes to Blood 2, Civvie have missed a point : each type of bomb is bound to a key (and can be rebound) so to select a specific bomb you just have to press the right key, no need to browse the inventory

I wonder what was the point of the Blood 2 expansion "the nightmare levels", its barely 6 new maps, 2 new weapons, 2 new enemies (one boss stronger than the others and one midget more anoying than dangerous) and return of cultists from Blood + quick-load have strong probabilities to crash the game...

User is offline   cybdmn 

View Postgemeaux333, on 04 September 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

I wonder what was the point of the Blood 2 expansion "the nightmare levels", its barely 6 new maps, 2 new weapons, 2 new enemies (one boss stronger than the others and one midget more anoying than dangerous) and return of cultists from Blood + quick-load have strong probabilities to crash the game...

The point of the nightmare levels is, that they do not suck totally.

Yes but Monolith didn't have the money to fix the original game, so how could they do this expansion ?

I haven't figured out that GT Interactive was so underhanded...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 05 September 2020 - 07:38 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 05 September 2020 - 06:54 AM, said:

Yes but Monolith didn't have the money to fix the original game, so how could they do this expansion ?

Monolith never owned Blood, it was owned by GT Interactive. Monolith couldn't do nothing with the game unless approved by GT, and GT cared about the money. People had already bought the game, GT had their money, they didn't care anymore.

But they knew that a expansion pack would sell (look at all the other fps of that era) so they approved it. Monolith tried to "fix" the game with the Nightmare Levels, but the problem was that fixing Blood 2 would have required what? 6 months, 1 year of extra work? GT wasn't going to pay for that and Monolith couldn't afford the cost themselves.

GT was about to get bought so they only cared about getting the most money on the shortest term, they didn't care about the game.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 05 September 2020 - 09:47 AM

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options