Duke4.net Forums: Lotags of -1 in mapster on foreign keyboards - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lotags of -1 in mapster on foreign keyboards  "[solved with workaround]"

User is offline   neoacix 

From the DukePlus manual:

If you give the Spawner a lotag of -1, it will activate as soon as it can "see" the player (just like a monster).

The usual way:
Get in 2D mode, focus the sprite with mouse, press ALT + T to edit Lotag.
Give a value >1.
Press minus on keypad or next to alphabetic keys.

The problem is:
Got a german PC with german keyboard here and there is just NO WAY TO GET A NEGATIVE LOTAG!!!!

I tried changing the keyboard layout to english in windows, tried with every key and combination on the whole keyboard.

NOTHING WORKS!

Tried different versions of mapster32... and even the very old builds like V.1.05 ....

NOTHING WORKS!

I can change different variables of a sprite while pressing F8.
And yes I can change these values to negative the usual way...
But I can't change the lotag or the hitag in this mode!

I realy need this function to complete my map which I'm working on over more than a year now....
So pls help me.

This post has been edited by neoacix: 20 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I mentioned this on IRC, but if you know two's complement arithmetic, you can enter the unsigned versions and the game will use the signed versions.

The highest positive integer in a signed 16-bit value is 32767. In an unsigned 16-bit integer, that value is 65535, but in a signed one, that bit sequence is equivalent to -1.

So enter 65535, and that should show up as -1. 65534 is -2, etc, all the way to 32768 which is actually -32768.

User is offline   neoacix 

Thanks for your reply!

Strange: A value of 65535 is turning into -1 if you enter it in F8 edit mode to any value.
But with lo- and hightags of a sprite, it's just keeps this value....

But it works!

THANKS!!!

User is offline   Mark 

I thought I might have another way. I tried windows built in alternate keycodes. Holding the ALT key and pressing numpad 45 produces a minus sign in other programs but not Mapster.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options