Duke4.net Forums: adding new textures question - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

adding new textures question  "trying to figure out how to add custom textures for use with mapster"

i know how to replace original sprites with 3d models useing .def configurations and im learning how to make models / i have a few test models and then i have a bunch of .md3 models ready for use. i want to test these models out i plane on makeing a small room in mapster32 and placeing the model in the scene. before i do this i want to use my own custom textures that i have made to the walls in the backdrop of the scene. im trying to figure out how to add new custom textures to the game so they show up in mapster32 and everything. so i figured wile i srill am trying to figure it out i could maby post a question here and see what kind of response i get.
The question is: Whats your method of inserting your own custom textures into eduke32 to be presented in mapster32 for mapping and later in game.

This post has been edited by Snake Plissken: 31 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

if you want to add 8-bit textures/sprites use bastART

if 32-bit use this script. copy paste it in duke3d.def in you eduke32 folder

tilefromtexture XXX { file "folder/YYY.png" xoffset 0 yoffset 0 }

XXX - texture number

YYY - file name

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You don't need to include any offsets that are zero.

thanks so much you guys. im making great stuff. im trying to get everything down pat everything from modeling to mapping.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options