Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior Mapper Needed - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Shadow Warrior Mapper Needed  "For 'Deadly Kiss' Project"

User is offline   Nacho 

Hello all,

I'll keep this short as I have much to do and little time to do it. I need a mapper who has some experience with creating maps for Shadow Warrior. The task I need completed is minor bug and texture fixes on existing maps I have. If time permits I may ask for some lighting and slightly bigger changes to some of the rougher maps but I'll see how that goes. Due to the second part of the request I would appreciate some sample work be posted, I'll accept Duke 3D work if no Shadow Warrior work is available but experience in it is a must.

This is a passion project so it is a non-payed position but a spot in the credits is yours upon completion of the project. Thank you kindly.

User is offline   ---- 

OK.

I will leave it at that.

User is offline   Lunick 

I could probably guess what this is for. Hope you find someone.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You don't need to guess. Have you looked at the thread subtitle?

User is offline   blackhatred 

• Dumbfuck Wannabe

Good luck with finding a mapper but I wouldn't count on that, especially when it comes to SW not Duke3d.

User is online   Mark 

It might not be that difficult to find a mapper. Most of SW can be mapped using Mapster that we all are used to using. The SW Build program would be needed only for any sector effects or SW specific FX.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHendricks266, on 11 October 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

You don't need to guess. Have you looked at the thread subtitle?

That totally wasn't there before... :P

• Weaponized Autism

Yes, it was. No joke.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMark., on 11 October 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

It might not be that difficult to find a mapper. Most of SW can be mapped using Mapster that we all are used to using. The SW Build program would be needed only for any sector effects or SW specific FX.

While this is true, the new effects I imagine would be quite different to anything in Duke 3D. The scale is also double? (I think) so you have to be careful to stick to the right perspective, and apparently the doors are a real bitch to get working properly and are completely different to Duke 3D and take longer/are more difficult to get right.

So while your standard Duke 3D mapper might be ok with things like shading and some detailing, I doubt anyone who hasn't had shadow warrior mapping experience will be able to provide the effects help and bug fixing that they're asking for.

View PostHendricks266, on 11 October 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Yes, it was. No joke.

I didn't see it before either. Not that I was looking.

• Weaponized Autism

If you like Jonah Bishop's MapFAQ for Duke 3D, you'll be happy to know that he also has one for SW.

In fact a lot of things here could be good references: http://dukertcm.com/...ior-faqs-build/

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

DanM is a SW mapper, but good luck recruiting him.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostForge, on 11 October 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

DanM is a SW mapper, but good luck recruiting him.

View PostDanM, on 21 August 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

well iam not working on it, i did have the chance to look over the assets they already had and there is nothing special about it, its basically some changed/new art and some sub standard maps, the maps don't just need tweaking they need heavy refinement and given its release time back then and the engines they were up against at the time (quake/unreal) I don't think DK was worth the time, given how shadow warrior wasn't well received to begin with.

I appreciate how dedicated the other guys are on the project like Nacho and Hencricks but the time they have already spent could of been spent making something so much better

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Gambini made maps for SW, he's the best out there but I'm not sure if he'd want to do it :P

User is offline   t800 

View PostDavoX, on 12 October 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Gambini made maps for SW, he's the best out there but I'm not sure if he'd want to do it :P

:P What? Gambini ever made maps for Shadow Warrior, ...for real? I tried to google them up and found nothing.

I am for long time looking for more detailed SW maps to add into my collection and I surely wouldnt mind quality of Gambini´s maps. My favourite detailed SW maps (which are unfortunately very few of) so far are LAW´s SOTAJ (Secrets Of The Ancient Japan) and DanM´s TTA (Tribute To Action), but IIRC sadly mainstream interest of community in mapping for SW pretty much died at end of 90s, so it didnt got to era of more detailed Pascal Rouad´s maps and most of maps were made prior to creation of JFSW and its derivative SWP so they are still limited by original dos executable map limits. :P

If somebody here knew more and could direct me to Gambini´s maps whereabouts (or if anybody knew any other good detailed SW maps) or if you, Gambini, is reading this topic, please let me know trough PM, thanks. :P (I dont want to spam this thread anymore.)

P.S. Nacho, I am really sorry for derailing your topic, but I just had to.

This post has been edited by t800: 12 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDavoX, on 12 October 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Gambini vs DanM maps... Not that I have seen any of them to compare.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I find Dan's criticisms of the DK maps to be unfair. They're not great, not as good as Wanton Destruction, but they're decent. Especially considering we've only got unfinished back-up copies. Deadly Kiss is deserving of a freeware release at the very least.

If no one steps forward, Hendricks and myself will take the helm on these maps.

User is offline   blackhatred 

• Dumbfuck Wannabe

View PostJimmy, on 12 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

If no one steps forward, Hendricks and myself will take the helm on these maps.
Don't make me laugh pffffffff.

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

View PostCentaurious, on 12 October 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

My Ass hole: prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt .

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCentaurious, on 12 October 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Being a shitposter is so cool.
Go back to IMHOSTFU.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I'm always interested in helping in good-willed projects where I can, assuming something like this would work:

Posted Image

I do have to admit I haven't fooled with SW maps in a while since I'm working on Duke stuff mainly, but I can link some of that if need be.

Sorry for the convoluted post, just hopping to bed to rest my head, cheers.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 13 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Cool project, I wish I could contribute but I don't have time and much experience in SW maps. I once made a map but it was not released and it's long gone.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 12 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I dabbled in some Shadow Warrior at one stage... Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

The build editor for sw is all I play with as I seem to be a pretty big sw fan.. created shadow warrior central and whatnot, I'd help out a bit if it's not too intense. Always learning with the build editor and don't consider myself a wizard at it.. I'm in the process of creating a "matrix" themed map that I'm hoping will be the more technical mapping I've done, as like I said I seem to be always learning something new with it. Can check out some of the maps I`ve made at the Sw Central website, mostly just wangbang maps but there`s 1 big singleplay map. I ll put up a few screenies of the matrix map sometime, I added new art to it but the new art seems to only be working with the ports and not the dos version oddly enough which I`ll have to get sorted out.

User is offline   Nacho 

Do you have a direct link to the single player map?

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

http://swcentral.wee...aps--codes.html ,my maps are along the left hand side under " My Maps " .. many screenshots and info for all the maps I've made so far. The SinglePlay map is called SwWorld.map. I basically just kept adding onto that map over time using it as a test bed for learning how to build. TheEdge.map will likely be my "cleanest" map but hopefully this Matrix map I have in the works should be pretty good :P .. build order for my "best" maps goes : ProArena, SwWorld, Reflex, TheEdge, Eagle.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

a couple screenshots of the matrix map. The Ship and Dojo.

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

TheEdge and SwWorld

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

So, at what stage is this project at?

• Weaponized Autism

We have our mapper, but we are waiting on 3D Realms to provide us with crucial information, and DK is not important to them at all right now.

I'm locking this thread.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options