Duke4.net Forums: DNF Demo released to Public - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Demo released to Public  "I guess Pigs do fly"

User is offline   Engel220 

According to the Duke Facebook page, the demo is being released to the public.

"Last week, after 15 long years, against all odds, Duke Nukem Forever launched. Today we're giving people the chance to try the game themselves. The DNF demo goes live on Xbox 360 at 2 AM PDT and Steam at 9 AM PDT. (We are working with Sony to get the demo out as soon as possible too.) If you haven't played DNF yet, now is your chance to try out part of gaming history -- check it out and tell us what YOU think."

If this has been posted elsewhere, feel free to leave a link. I've only just awoken so I may be a little slow on the uptake.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So how many more hours of waiting is that? (I'm terrible at time conversions)

The Steam demo will go live in 6 hours from now, the 360 demo has apparently already gone live, and the PS3 demo is whenever Sony kicks into gear.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 21 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

In your rather flat and one-sided opinion, yes, but I think that now the demo is coming out to the public less people will allow the critics to make their minds up when they can see for themselves at no cost other than spending bandwidth on downloading the demo.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 21 June 2011 - 02:17 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Why does everyone have to bring bullshit hatred to every thread? This is a DNF forum, if you don't like it, don't come here! I don't go to the HALO forums or the Call of Duty forums to bother anyone.

User is offline   pulse85 

I'm confused. I hate Call of Duty and HALO but i love duke nukem. However DNF Is a piece of unpolished turd. What am i supposed to do? :D

View PostCaine, on 21 June 2011 - 02:31 AM, said:

the scores mostly are bad but their points are much legit - the graphicbullshit they say.

this game isnt so old school man talk either. it tries to be more newschool but in a bad way.
why does it fall in most aspects shorter than dn3d did? legit.

Actually the demo showed some of the very good sites from the game which there were many of.

User is offline   zwieback 

want to know why i'm so quiet? because i'm tired of all the whining in every single thread. here it isn't as bad as on the gbx forums, but damn - really - will it ever stop?

User is offline   supergoofy 

now that's what I call good news. it's time for me to play the game demo at last.

User is offline   Ronin 

View Postpulse85, on 21 June 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

I'm confused. I hate Call of Duty and HALO but i love duke nukem. However DNF Is a piece of unpolished turd. What am i supposed to do? :D

If you have said your piece then I guess its safe to fuck off until they make a Duke game that meets your personal standards.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 21 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

User is offline   pulse85 

No not really, just like you "keep saying your piece" that you love this game to infinity even though it has major flaws that should be fixed, and yet all the devs are silent because they are waiting for the shitstorm to settle and people to stop caring or expecting anything other than DLCs.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

No one can tell anyone to fuck off except for those who wield the ban hammer, so kindly shut the fuck up.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 21 June 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

No one can tell anyone to fuck off except for those who wield the ban hammer, so kindly shut the fuck up.

I dont mean to sound like a dick, Im just bored of people endlessly nagging about DNF I know people are entiled to their opinion and all that.

No one can tell anyone to kindly shut the fuck up except for those who wield the ban hammer, so kindly blow it out your ass. :D

This game might have flaws, most games do. This game is still an over-average FPS shooter.

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

View PostCaine, on 21 June 2011 - 02:11 AM, said:

i wish the demo was not showing the games direction so much but yeah the demo is disappointing so is the game, i think the demo represents the broken duke very well.

I 100% agree the FAC demo was shit and the only reason I enjoyed it was A) it was DNF and B)Console commands. it was not as fun as DNF in full if they had better marketing they would have used the duke burger level, and the desert level.

View PostCaine, on 21 June 2011 - 12:15 PM, said:

i give a fuck about if its a dnf forums or not, it must be especially said in A DNF forum as this game has major flaws and im not whining kid.
dont put me into a trash can with naive people who dont mention legit points, check my comparison list and see yourself how lacking dnf is.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn dude, i am getting tired of your negative only comments.
Is it just me or have more people joined Duke4.net since the DNF demo ( FAC ) was released just to bash DNF and ruin it for others ?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm getting pretty tired of the spew of negative comments myself. The majority of people here are well aware of DNF's flaws yet seem to be capable of having decent conversations and finding things about the game to talk about that they actually like. So, take your broken English and incessant whining about how much of an idiot George Broussard is and shove it somewhere where it's not going to leak all over every thread you post in. This is not a forum for people who hate Duke.

User is offline   LkMax 

View Postpulse85, on 21 June 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

No not really, just like you "keep saying your piece" that you love this game to infinity even though it has major flaws that should be fixed, and yet all the devs are silent because they are waiting for the shitstorm to settle and people to stop caring or expecting anything other than DLCs.

Well, while I agree that DNF could be a lot better (but it's still a good game, I think I'll buy it anyway) I don't think Gearbox will hear you here. You may have better luck on their official forums (if they don't ban you as they love to do).

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I applaud TX.... :clap: :clap:

User is offline   Hank 

Ah ha. So now everyone can get a taste on good the game is.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostHank, on 21 June 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

Ah ha. So now everyone can get a taste on good the game is.

Not everyone, you have to have a gold Xbox Live membership to play the demo on the Xbox 360. I just wanted to check the differences, but no, I can't, I need a PS3, which mine is currently broken, basically, I'd have to pay for a demo for the Xbox 360. Just fucking wonderful. The game itself is great, but this is utter bullshit.

User is offline   Hank 

ehmm, what about the PC? the game works on 'old' AMD and nVidia cards. Posted Image

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I saw this news this morning but haven't had access to my Steam computer until tonight and forgot about it until just now. After I fiddle with my Linux stuff I'll reboot and run the install overnight. Maybe tomorrow night I'll play through the demo.

Then I'll be able to decide if the game is all the rage people are making over it.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostHank, on 21 June 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

ehmm, what about the PC? the game works on 'old' AMD and nVidia cards. Posted Image

I already have the game and demo for PC, I just said that I wanted to see any differences.

View PostTX, on 21 June 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

I'm getting pretty tired of the spew of negative comments myself. The majority of people here are well aware of DNF's flaws yet seem to be capable of having decent conversations and finding things about the game to talk about that they actually like. So, take your broken English and incessant whining about how much of an idiot George Broussard is and shove it somewhere where it's not going to leak all over every thread you post in. This is not a forum for people who hate Duke.

You, good sir, are on the "Owed beers" list. This guy's just a whiner, he's also leaking his venom all over GBX's forums currently and I haven't heard single piece of constructive criticism out of him.

On topic, I think that this will at least allow some people to make up their own minds rather than running with the critics, albeit the critics have probably damaged those people's viewpoints beyond repair.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 22 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostTX, on 21 June 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

So, take your broken English and incessant whining about how much of an idiot George Broussard is and shove it somewhere where it's not going to leak all over every thread you post in.

You mean this sort of thing:

I believe that all hatred and negativity should be directed at George Broussard rather than the game itself.

http://forums.duke4....7038#entry97038

User is offline   Kathy 

Yatta was banned for this already.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostRipemanewone, on 21 June 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

I dont mean to sound like a dick, Im just bored of people endlessly nagging about DNF I know people are entiled to their opinion and all that.

No one can tell anyone to kindly shut the fuck up except for those who wield the ban hammer, so kindly blow it out your ass. :D

Actually, I can, and you lack the proper cognition to comprehend the basic point of my post. So what if people don't like Duke Nukem Forever? It could be a steaming pile of shit, I don't know. All I know is if someone served you a pile of shit for dinner, you'd say something. Because, if you didn't, you'd keep getting served that pile of shit every day. Criticism is essential to combating shittiness. Big fucking deal if someone doesn't like your new favorite game, such is life, get over it. This is a forum; The very definition of forum is "a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest." You cannot have open discussion without conflicting viewpoints. Anything else is sitting around with your thumb up your ass patting each other on the back.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 22 June 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Actually, I can, and you lack the proper cognition to comprehend the basic point of my post. So what if people don't like Duke Nukem Forever? It could be a steaming pile of shit, I don't know. All I know is if someone served you a pile of shit for dinner, you'd say something. Because, if you didn't, you'd keep getting served that pile of shit every day. Criticism is essential to combating shittiness. Big fucking deal if someone doesn't like your new favorite game, such is life, get over it. This is a forum; The very definition of forum is "a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest." You cannot have open discussion without conflicting viewpoints. Anything else is sitting around with your thumb up your ass patting each other on the back.

I lack the proper cognition do I now, you cheeky little prick. I do agree with you on one thing, "Criticism is essential to combating shittiness" yes true, and that is why I will bother replying to your shitty post.

I know that everyone has a right to post their thoughts, on DNF as it is a Duke Nukem forum. Now you stupid fuck, how exactly is calling a game an unpolished turd in anyway constructive criticism? At least that other fuckface Caine listed off a few points, as to why he "thinks" it is a shit game.

I dont care if people dont like DNF, but its the constant whining and bitching about the most trivial things, as if the game should have been tailor made for them personally. Most of the whiners have said their piece yet they keep comming back spouting the same crap over and over, you would nearly think that they are actually offended that others seem to enjoy the damn game. If it gets worse it will be like the Gearbox forums where it seems every 10 year old under the sun has gathered to complain about how they were, ripped off, dissapointed, threaten GB and Gearbox employees etc.

I understand going to a fan site to talk about something you like, but going to a fan site to constantly moan just baffles me, do you really think Gearbox give a flying fuck what a few dozen hardcore bitches think about their product? The sales speak for the fans not some collection of punk bitches that feel arse raped because DNF didnt make their tiny heads explode with awe at every step of their god damn game.

" Anything else is sitting around with your thumb up your ass" I dont need to know what your personal habbits are as you read this forum, some things are better kept to yourself, douche.

Looks like I've just invented the real-world forum equivalent of a Duke 3D end-of-level Nuke button, 'cos this post has been blown to Hell.

(I'll be here all week :D )

This post has been edited by Engel220: 22 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options