Duke4.net Forums: DNF Demo released to Public - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Demo released to Public  "I guess Pigs do fly"

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostHelel, on 23 June 2011 - 08:38 PM, said:

I think GB was bashed enough already for 2009. I mean he pretty much killed the game and everyone who wanted bashed him for that. And deservedly so. But right now I don't know whether or not he's the only one responsible. Gearbox spent 1,5 years on a finished product yet it still felt unpolished.

Its most defiantly not all his fault, you had a team of developers work on the game, so thats more then one guy to blame. Question is... do you really want to list off all the people? I mean did you see the credits????

User is offline   Kathy 

I'm criticising him for making a mess out of development which eventually led to team's demise. And in the end it was all for nothing since we didn't play the game that was supposed to be.

I was willing to have faith in his perfectionism which had justification in making the game he wanted it to be, the longer the better. But not to the point of losing all the money.

It seems, the best way for George to release this game was to make it an episodic feature. Once a year some 5 levels with various cool features could be released. It would have been better as series since lots of stuff was constantly added and then thrown away without end anyway.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 24 June 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

I will never bash a man who tried to do what he thought was best. "When you live your life on your own terms and pursue your own dreams, it is glorious even to fail." - Mike Vallely

I won't bash the guy just because the game took forever. It was his baby, he wasn't happy with it, I can live with that. However, how the game actually pans out is fair game.

This, and to be honest, i would rather give george another chance than having gearbox making it :) It just feels better that way. Then just hope it won't fail again.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options