• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostJeff, on 02 November 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

So I heard some German privacy lawyers are non too happy with this EA Origin spyware installed when you play Battlefield 3. This software basically monitors everything you do and you can't remove it as far as I know. Rumor has it that this Origin might be required to play Mass Effect 3. In terms of Mass Effect 3, if Bioware makes the game, shouldn't they have a say in whether this Origin stuff goes in it?

Link to article

The linked GameStar article was pretty interesting. It boils down to the fact that a lot of Origin's EULA legalese is simply in contradiction to German civil law and thus invalid. Broken DRM like this is why I hardly play modern games nowadays.

View PostThe Commander, on 03 November 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

DanM sent me this link and I think it speaks the truth of gaming today.

This is hilarious, even though it's somewhat sad.

User is offline   Kathy 

If Quake was done today it would still be shit.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

Ok, that video was hillarious, for some reason the "Return to combat zone" part really cracks me up. This does, however, make me unsure of how to break the news that I am investing in a PS Triple in the near future :D

Hey, I just had a thought, what about, If Duke Nukem 3D was done today... Oh, wait, nevermind.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostHelixhorned, on 03 November 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

The linked GameStar article was pretty interesting. It boils down to the fact that a lot of Origin's EULA legalese is simply in contradiction to German civil law and thus invalid. Broken DRM like this is why I hardly play modern games nowadays.

It would be pretty silly of EA to get into a big lawsuit over this with not just Germany, but any country which has similar laws. EA would be shooting themselves in the foot.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Fuck. I just came back from the supposedly easier of my two maths exams. It was completely unlike the past 6 year's worth of exams, with a completely different style of questions. I didn't like it at all, I have a baaad feeling about a lot of the answers I gave.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMicky C, on 03 November 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

... I have a baaad feeling about ....

The unavoidable reply
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XnE8RitIN4s Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

This is kind of cool. I had some hard water stains on a stainless steel bowl, so I put it in a pot of boiling water and vinegar. The vinegar took that stuff right off.

User is offline   Stabs 

Well someone at sega is either mentally ill or cured because sonic generations is probably the first good sonic game 15 odd years, it has its cons but i think the pros far outweigh them, at least give this is a try :D

• Honored Donor

View PostDanM, on 03 November 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

Well someone at sega is either mentally ill or cured because sonic generations is probably the first good sonic game 15 odd years, it has its cons but i think the pros far outweigh them, at least give this is a try :D

Just saw the trailer, it looks fun. It's really cool that you can play from a 2D perspective and an over the shoulder perspective.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 03 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

well there is a level hub and u switch between classic and modern sonic, act 1 for classic, act 2 for modern, whats cool about modern sonic is he will also go into 2d plane like gameplay, like the classic sonic, except you have boost and his homing jump, its actually rather interesting and kinda more fun than classic sonic in the 2d plane, sega have a gem on their hands if they cut more 3d stuff (its ok but sonic should be sonic) add knuckles, and some proper fights in future installments if they decide to go down that path.

This post has been edited by DanM: 03 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 03 November 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

Posted Image

Okay-okay, Quake wasn't utterly bad.

Quake 2 was.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Posted Image
Posted Image

The original sprites enhanced with an effect in the video editing software I use. If only it worked that well with all of the sprites.

User is offline   Jeff 

Hey I'm up to 300 hours on Mass Effect 2.

Posted Image

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostHelel, on 04 November 2011 - 01:10 AM, said:

Okay-okay, Quake wasn't utterly bad.

Quake 2 was.

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I must be rather bored and tired, I sat and watched this entire clip.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 04 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

shut up if you steal my tf2 hats i will kill you

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I love the "Why don't you clone yourself?" line.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDanM, on 04 November 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

shut up if you steal my tf2 hats i will kill you

This drunken aussie bloody rings me up at 9am in the morning when I have just got to bed from a long night working waking me up.
I will have the last laugh and upload your silly little rants for everyone to hear! HA HA :D

User is offline   Jeff 

Just installed the Firefox 8 beta.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostThe Commander, on 04 November 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

I must be rather bored and tired, I sat and watched this entire clip.

Me too, that was great though!

User is offline   Kathy 

Quake 3 is an MP-only game so it's out of contention. And I haven't played Quake 4 yet, but someday I will. Wait for my review on that one.

This post has been edited by Helel: 04 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

• Honored Donor

According to my profile, I've got almost 2950 profile views, which is pretty much about how many posts I've ever made on this forum. A profile view for every post? There's something not quite right about that...

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Maybe people just like to wank off to your picture.

• Honored Donor

I don't have a picture, it's just the regular picture of Duke Nukem, which I guess does explain why they come to a Duke Nukem forum so much :D

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

That was the joke, n00b. You have no picture to oggle. You should put some oggle worthy pictures up because creeps deserve a little eye candy every once in a while. :D

• Honored Donor

Fine, I guess you guys deserve a pic.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 05 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 05 November 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

Fine, I guess you guys deserve a pic.

Posted Image

:D

• Honored Donor

My hand got bitten by a spider. Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow as spiderman, with the muscles and everything.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMicky C, on 05 November 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

My hand got bitten by a spider. Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow as spiderman, with the muscles and everything.

Hopefully you wake up tomorrow, spiders can rip you a new one.

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options