• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

And forget 2007, there's now office 2010 to get a grip on.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostReaperMan, on 10 November 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

Don't you already know how to use Microsoft Word by now Jeff?

Well basic stuff, nothing advanced. Besides, looks good on a resume.

And forget 2007, there's now office 2010 to get a grip on.

They don't have a 2010 course, but I trained using the 2010 version of Office.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 10 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostJeff, on 10 November 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

Well basic stuff, nothing advanced. Besides, looks good on a resume.

If it's for the resume, why not get certified by Microsoft?
http://www.microsoft...t-overview.aspx

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostHank, on 10 November 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

If it's for the resume, why not get certified by Microsoft?
http://www.microsoft...t-overview.aspx

No thanks. Already paid for both courses.

Having never played Silent Hill, I ordered the first and second one from eBay, didn't cost much. With the first game, I am quite happy, there are some balance and controller issues at the end, but overall, an enjoyable experience which impressed me, because I have an inherent hatred towards anything on the PS1.

I tried out the second game, I'm not impressed, most of the game consists of loading screens (the first one didn't have these, capcom's games don't have them and nor do tecmo's games!) or else running for ages into fog with nothing happening, I got as far as the apartment building before putting down the controller.

I decided today, to start again and give the game another chance (though the controls and loading screens are just unforgivable) and got almost as far before I decided that I'm going to play the entire game wether I enjoy it or not, maybe it would improve. I got as far as Rosewater Park, James reads the sign... Let's press X to make the dialog go away...

The game kicked me out to the main menu and the last save point I used (the last one I know of to that point) was before the Pyramid Head boss, umm, battle - hardly a battle really, the boss runs away, you don't even have to attack him it seems. I tried again, same thing when I picked up some bullets.

I also managed to pause the game whilst the status screen was on, which resulted in the game freezing, to make matters worse, the lighting engine is not as good as the first game, and that was on the PS1, not the PS2, if I were making a game that consisted of loading screens attached to empty corridors and the same empty room with different shades of brown in the dark, I would at least make sure the lighting engine worked.

Needless to say, I'm dissapointed, but at least Project Zero turned out to be worth buying, next, I want to try Rule of Rose.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

My god, i just realized that Mr.Flibble has an impersonator on the 3D realms forums.

http://forums.3dreal...ber.php?u=30777

He's an impostor.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 11 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

My brother has just joined the fight against the Reapers. Phoned me to tell me he finally bought Mass Effect 2.

View PostJeff, on 11 November 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

My brother has just joined the fight against the Reapers.

You will never defeat us!

User is offline   Jeff 

However insignificant we might be. We will fight, we will sacrifice, and we will find a way. That's what humans do.

User is offline   Kathy 

Assuming direct control!

User is offline   Jeff 

Tripped over a piece asphalt and fell on my hand. Don't think it's broken, but I put it in a tensor bandage made for wrist injuries.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostReaperMan, on 11 November 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

My god, i just realized that Mr.Flibble has an impersonator on the 3D realms forums.

http://forums.3dreal...ber.php?u=30777

He's an impostor.

Actually, that user was there first and it is my oldest brother. :D Fail, ReaperMan, fail.

User is offline   Kathy 

What do you mean "he was first"?

I remember the MrFlibble account from 3DR, personally, I preffered the old Red Dwarf avatar.

A friend of mine just did a sum on his iPhone, and we aren't sure the answer is correct, the sum was (as he wrote is) 40 + 40 x 0 + 1... Apparently, this equals 41. Personally, I'd be inclined to say it would equal 1, because 80*0 is 0 then +1 = 1, but no matter how I format it, even BODMAS, (40+40*0)+1, it still says 41. Presumably, there is a close relation to how computers handle multiplication and division, and as you can't divide by zero, they probably aren't so sure of how to multiply by zero either... By the time I get to that closing bracket (After multiplying by zero) the computer already has 40...

No, wait, I got it, the computer sees it like this;
40+(40*0)+1=41, the correct way to format the sum would be (40+40)*0+1=1, right? Seems to work anyway.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 12 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

• I have the power!

View PostHelel, on 12 November 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

What do you mean "he was first"?

Ah. I didn't look that closely. There is another account that is older than mine and that is my older brother's.

Mine
My brother's
Some punk

Also, this made me log in and peruse...sad forum over there now. When are those folks going to make something new?

View PostMr.Flibble, on 12 November 2011 - 06:11 PM, said:

Actually, that user was there first and it is my oldest brother. :D Fail, ReaperMan, fail.

Who is the failure now?

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 12 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostHigh Treason, on 12 November 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Personally, I'd be inclined to say it would equal 1, because 80*0 is 0 then +1 = 1, but no matter how I format it, even BODMAS, (40+40*0)+1, it still says 41. Presumably, there is a close relation to how computers handle multiplication and division, and as you can't divide by zero, they probably aren't so sure of how to multiply by zero either... By the time I get to that closing bracket (After multiplying by zero) the computer already has 40...

40+(40*0)+1=41, the correct way to format the sum would be (40+40)*0+1=1, right? Seems to work anyway.

Posted Image

It's the same on paper. Multiplier(*) always takes a priority when there are no brackets.

• I have the power!

I spent quite a bit of time these past few days in airports and I have to wonder who the hell designed these things? There weren't many clocks in those terminals and the ones that were there were few and far in between. Do they WANT people to be late for their flight?

User is offline   Kathy 

Can't stop watching this.

User is offline   Jeff 

Aside from my hand hurting, my back feels like a 90 year old man's or another way of putting it is a bunch of elephants just stepped on me.

I remember the MrFlibble account from 3DR, personally, I preffered the old Red Dwarf avatar.

A friend of mine just did a sum on his iPhone, and we aren't sure the answer is correct, the sum was (as he wrote is) 40 + 40 x 0 + 1... Apparently, this equals 41. Personally, I'd be inclined to say it would equal 1, because 80*0 is 0 then +1 = 1, but no matter how I format it, even BODMAS, (40+40*0)+1, it still says 41. Presumably, there is a close relation to how computers handle multiplication and division, and as you can't divide by zero, they probably aren't so sure of how to multiply by zero either... By the time I get to that closing bracket (After multiplying by zero) the computer already has 40...

Most handheld calculators I've used over the years would return "1", as they go strictly by the order entered without buffering to allow for order of operations, which would return "41".

• I have the power!

Order of Operations: "Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally" (Parentheses (left to right), Exponents (left to right), Multiplication and Division (left to right), Addition and Subtraction (left to right)) All that done left to right. This results in the answer being 41. There are many little things that people like to do to play tricks on people who forgot the order of operations or don't pay attention.

View PostHelel, on 13 November 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

Can't stop watching this.

That almost looks like it could be cool. It has that borderline not a man movie but could be a man movie look. One of those movies a guy could get away with bringing a date to.

User is offline   Jeff 

Misread the work schedule. Seems I'm only supposed to work Wednesday and Thursday. Wasted 2 hours for nothing.

User is offline   Hank 

http://www.amazon.co...fb-bestprice-20
The coming Black Friday, in the US, Duke Nukem Forever may be sold as low as $9.99.
http://kotaku.com/58...s-and-gamestops
Just heads up for all those who waited for the price to come down.

I think if this continues, DNF may sell for less than Duke 3D, after Xmas.

User is offline   Jeff 

It's a shame. I really like DNF despite what those reviewers said. They really are too picky.

DNF isn't worth $10.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 14 November 2011 - 10:57 AM, said:

That almost looks like it could be cool. It has that borderline not a man movie but could be a man movie look. One of those movies a guy could get away with bringing a date to.

Couldn't care less about dates. Have never done it in the past and surely won't do it in the future. Sure, I went to some movies with someone but the movie came always first. Besides, I'm done watching movies in the theatre. Might make an exception about Breaking Dawn, but I think I'll manage to wait for blu-ray.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 14 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Wow, how original! What else do you have up your sleeve?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Al Lewis is my grandpa, betch.

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options