Duke4.net Forums: Mapster32 problems and bugs - Duke4.net Forums

• 42 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster32 problems and bugs  "Please post them exclusively here"

User is offline   Kyanos 

I just noticed windows 7 has stopped giving me a program error on closing Mapster. Not sure if this was done intentionally or not because I didn't hear of it, so I figured I would mention it. It is build 1957.
Keep up the good work! :)

User is offline   Gambini 

First update I do to mapster since march. Funnily enough maps that gave 0 errors with the older build give among 30-70 errors in this one. How do i know which errors are those?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGambini, on 06 September 2011 - 05:09 PM, said:

First update I do to mapster since march. Funnily enough maps that gave 0 errors with the older build give among 30-70 errors in this one. How do i know which errors are those?

Yeah, we were talking about this in another thread. Mapster32 has become a sensitive bitch lately. Some of the "corruption" happens when a sector was sloped and gets straightened -- some bit for being sloped stays set, which is harmless (I think) but it gets detected as corruption. You can try "corruptcheck tryfix" in the console. I did it on a map with a lot of "corruption" and it apparently fixed it without raping the map.

Thanks. Is there any subcommand for that corruptcheck to just report the bugs instead of trying to fix them?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostGambini, on 07 September 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

Is there any subcommand for that corruptcheck to just report the bugs instead of trying to fix them?

Off the top of my head, just type "corruptcheck".

• Duke Plus Developer

Mapster script question!

Let's say I want to make all SEs that have an Extra of 1 a different color from the other SEs in 2D mode. Is that possible? I would prefer not to draw circles around them, but I can fall back to that option if necessary. I don't need help with the logic, I just need to know if there is a command for changing the color of certain sprites in 2D mode...I looked in the wiki and didn't find anything obvious.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

No, the sprite color in 2D mode currently depends only on the picnum and the blocking bit, so you'll have to resort to drawing circles around the desired sprites. The command to use most conveniently would be drawcircle16b, but its radius is specified in BUILD units too (while the radius of the circle around a sprite is 4 pixels), so you'll have to perform some conversion. The equations are:

rscreen = (rBUILD*zoom)>>14
rBUILD = (rscreen<<14)/zoom

where the scaling arithmetic is available via the mulscale and divscale commands.

A small nuisance is that this suggestion will draw ellipses in side-view mode.

• Duke Plus Developer

Is there a color table that I can look at for the color choices? I put in different numbers and the results seem random, and they aren't the colors in the game palette.

EDIT: I found all the colors I needed in 0-10

• EDuke32 Developer

Here's what the wiki has to say about it:

Specifying nonnegative values for the color will use the 16-color editor palette, whereas negative values -1 to -255 will use a palette of all colors available in 2D mode, where the palette is the base game palette.

So yeah, the ones you used were first looked up in editorcolors[]. They can be previewed in the 9th "chapter" of the in-editor help (m32help.hlp).

User is offline   Stabs 

I think everyone here would love this but helix, can we get an update to noclip so it turns of blocking on sprites and walls like

ctrl + ' + n = disables sprite / mask / blocking clipping

• EDuke32 Developer

Wish granted, it's something that was bothering me too. 'N now simply has 3 states. What I'm wondering about is that I'm not receiving complaints about how weird the mouse picking is (it doesn't pass through portals, after all).

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Is it actually possible to have mouse picking pass through TROR portals? I've always had to move into the layer I wanted to edit to do any editing.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 16 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

• EDuke32 Developer

It does in software mode now, but Polymer still behaves the old way. Actually, the fact that it doesn't pick through portals suggests that the invisible ceiling or floor is drawn (even if it has no effect). Also, Polymer doesn't display the fake "RoR" texture with show-invisibility on, which is somewhat of a prerequisite for picking through portals. Plagman?

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostHelixhorned, on 16 September 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

Wish granted, it's something that was bothering me too. 'N now simply has 3 states. What I'm wondering about is that I'm not receiving complaints about how weird the mouse picking is (it doesn't pass through portals, after all).

cheers buddy!!!!!

your like some kind of coding genie (on crack!) :(

speaking of passing through things, DT has some issues with ceiling flipping and RoR so you might want to look into that, i can send you the map if needed

also something that could be fixed is textures being pasted onto sloped surfaces through tab and then enter seems to reset the sloping on surfaces (on vid refresh through enter on the numpad), also if a wall is blocked it seems to copy onto adjacent sectors which is annoying, if i want a wall block i block it, its auto selection is way to erratic to be useful

btw the texture selection flicker like hell still and is very difficult to use at times still

heh as for portal / texture selection i thort that was plagmans problem it seems like a renderer issue that cant be helped, ive used this editor so long and have this sort of affinity with it

This post has been edited by DanM: 17 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

doubleo post thanks to drinkering

This post has been edited by DanM: 17 September 2011 - 09:01 AM

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostDanM, on 17 September 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

speaking of passing through things, DT has some issues with ceiling flipping and RoR so you might want to look into that, i can send you the map if needed

What kind of issues?

also something that could be fixed is textures being pasted onto sloped surfaces through tab and then enter seems to reset the sloping on surfaces (on vid refresh through enter on the numpad), also if a wall is blocked it seems to copy onto adjacent sectors which is annoying, if i want a wall block i block it, its auto selection is way to erratic to be useful

The first one was a bug, it's fixed now. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the second. Blocking a red wall passed the blocking state to the nextwall since BUILD, and Shift can be used to block only on one side. If you mean pasting, the blocking and hitscan bits are now protected, too.

btw the texture selection flicker like hell still and is very difficult to use at times still

Even with lazytileselector=0 in mapster32.cfg?

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostHelixhorned, on 18 September 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:

What kind of issues?

The first one was a bug, it's fixed now. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the second. Blocking a red wall passed the blocking state to the nextwall since BUILD, and Shift can be used to block only on one side. If you mean pasting, the blocking and hitscan bits are now protected, too.

Even with lazytileselector=0 in mapster32.cfg?

its in 2d mode if you build around a blocked red wall in 2d it seems to copy that into any walls you build around it, ill give that tile fix a go

User is offline   Stabs 

using x to flip selected sectors, and i think in particular sloped sectors results in a weird tangled mess.

Okay, i have one thing that annoys me a lot with mapster, and it should be easy for you to change. When you copy a wall to clipboard with TAP. It should copy everything. But it doesn't copy the panning of the wall. This means that i have to set panning to every wall with L-ALT+NUM, which takes years. Is it possible to copy and paste panning of walls. If not, are you able to make it possible?

• EDuke32 Developer

DanM, on 30 September 2011 - 04:11 AM, said:

using x to flip selected sectors, and i think in particular sloped sectors results in a weird tangled mess.

Fixed in revision 211. Kinda scary that this went undetected for the whole time the flipping code has been around.
EDIT: Use r2049, I did a stupid error in r2048.

rasmus thorup, on 30 September 2011 - 04:26 AM, said:

Okay, i have one thing that annoys me a lot with mapster, and it should be easy for you to change. When you copy a wall to clipboard with TAP. It should copy everything. But it doesn't copy the panning of the wall. This means that i have to set panning to every wall with L-ALT+NUM, which takes years. Is it possible to copy and paste panning of walls. If not, are you able to make it possible?

It does copy the x/ypanning members very well, but that's not the same as having a proper alignment. You should get into the habit of using the PERIOD key to align walls.

• Honored Donor

Is there a way to get sprites to keep their own pal, not unlike making it keep its own shade? If there isn't, then I'd like to request that the 'keep own pal' option be added to cstat 2048, since I can't think of any situation where someone would want a sprite to keep its own shade while taking the floor's pal.

It's just that I have some sprites in a sector with a pal 2 floor to look like blood and the sprites become pal 2 in game.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 08 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

it would be interesting to see an expansion on the pal system through upgrades that micky mentioned, its like 2 stacked pals ive noticed with fogpals + water, altho water may be a sceen tint through con code

• Weaponized Autism

Micky C, on 08 October 2011 - 03:59 AM, said:

Is there a way to get sprites to keep their own pal, not unlike making it keep its own shade? If there isn't, then I'd like to request that the 'keep own pal' option be added to cstat 2048, since I can't think of any situation where someone would want a sprite to keep its own shade while taking the floor's pal.

It's just that I have some sprites in a sector with a pal 2 floor to look like blood and the sprites become pal 2 in game.

I think you can override this manually in EVENT_ANIMATESPRITES by getting the sprite's pal and setting it to its tsprpal.

• Honored Donor

That sounds like a con code thing? I was hoping there'd be a way of doing it in mapster.

User is offline   Kyanos 

This issue also effects models taking on custom tints when their pal is changed by the sector floor. I think the same request Micky is making would solve this issue as well. We have a few places in WGR where models are replacing sprites and tints get applied to the model.

• Duke Plus Developer

Hendricks266, on 08 October 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

I think you can override this manually in EVENT_ANIMATESPRITES by getting the sprite's pal and setting it to its tsprpal.

It's much simpler to use the spritenopal command.

• Weaponized Autism

DeeperThought, on 08 October 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

It's much simpler to use the spritenopal command.

Posted Image

User is online   blizzart 

I have a Mapster 32 scrpting problem here.

I included the a.m32 with the console and wanted to use the EVENT_PREKEYS3D (description here: http://wiki.eduke32....script_examples), but it didn´t work. Did I miss something?

Today Steam broke the Source tools so I felt like replaying my last map for Duke. It would have been funny to take a picture of my expression when I saw my beloved map and its best friend -the software renderer- broken. There are several clipping issues with sprites, more specifically: it occurs when sprites are very close to walls, they tend to overpass the wall and clip out in very strange shapes, even through the floor. I wonder whether this has something to do with Polymer or TROR but whatever reason it calls for a fix.

Here are some images attached, gay circles indicate the visual error. Just after taking these screenshots went to downloaded the snapshot from the time i released this map (1854 from 3-23-11) and tried to reproduce the same scenarios, same player position and all the other variables but the errors don´t occur.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I post this here and not in "eduke32 and polymer" thread because i´m confident the only one who still plays around with the software renderer is Helixhorned.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Considering he's almost certainly the one who broke that in the first place, that seems like a reasonable approach. :(

Share this topic:

• 42 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options