Duke4.net Forums: StrikerDM - The Ultimate NetDuke32 DM Mod! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

StrikerDM - The Ultimate NetDuke32 DM Mod!  "NetDuke32 Multiplayer Mod and Community Map Pack!"

User is offline   Master O 

View PostStriker, on 02 December 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Posted Image
Work in progress map.

Map Title: The Longest Duke

This post has been edited by Master O: 21 November 2021 - 02:28 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

WIP Demo of "Hotel at The End Of Time". This map was absolute hell to make, and I missed my deadline of Halloween by a longshot, but I think it is going to pay off.

More info in the video description.

User is offline   Mark 

I liked the difference in explosion depending on player position to it.

• Auramancer

View PostMark, on 18 January 2022 - 12:16 PM, said:

I liked the difference in explosion depending on player position to it.

Thanks. Pretty proud of that one. I plan on doing the same with some other sounds too, like bouncing pipebombs.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I like how the sounds don't crash the game

• Auramancer

StrikerDM r245 has been released! There's a ton of new stuff in this release. So much so I can't describe it all. (I'm also too tired right now to do so, I need sleep.) But, either way, here's some highlights:

* Tons of new maps (some still WIP)
* Lots of polish to existing maps
* Lots of special effects have been polished up as well, without deviating too far from the base game.
* There's new weapon animations (with the help of some of Dzierzan's Smooth Duke sprites, combined with rotatesprite interpolation).
* New sounds (some, again, with the help of Dzierzan).
* New gameplay mechanics specific to a few maps (I won't spoil them!)
* New SSG sprites.
* Lots of bugfixes.

Download can be found at the bottom of this page: https://shadowmaveri...s/strikerdm.php

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

For the direhard singleplayer people who can't be bothered to find other players, is there a singleplayer campaign mode? Or at least decent bots? I seem to remember you saying that you had good bots at one point, but I don't see that in the feature list on your site.

• Auramancer

View PostDanukem, on 25 December 2022 - 08:31 PM, said:

For the direhard singleplayer people who can't be bothered to find other players, is there a singleplayer campaign mode? Or at least decent bots? I seem to remember you saying that you had good bots at one point, but I don't see that in the feature list on your site.

The enhanced bots are part of NetDuke32 (not StrikerDM), and yes, you can use them with this mod.

There's no new campaigns, but you can play StrikerDM in singleplayer, there's some stuff there for COOP that carries over to SP. Just keep in mind, NetDuke32's save games crash the came right now, it's a known issue, and not a trivial one to fix.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostStriker, on 25 December 2022 - 08:34 PM, said:

The enhanced bots are part of NetDuke32 (not StrikerDM), and yes, you can use them with this mod.

Does that mean the enhanced bots don't know how to use the weapons and features exclusive to StrikerDM?

User is offline   MarioJCh 

View PostDanukem, on 25 December 2022 - 08:37 PM, said:

Does that mean the enhanced bots don't know how to use the weapons and features exclusive to StrikerDM?

Bots can use all weapons and work smoothly

This post has been edited by MarioJCh: 25 December 2022 - 08:45 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I haven't used the multiplayer content yet (the main purpose of the mod) but so far I find it to be a very pleasant way to play the original game. Lots of good choices on sounds and visual effects that improve the game while remaining faithful. Also good and subtle gameplay improvements.

EDIT: And yes I see the warning about saves being broken in netduke 1.2

This post has been edited by Danukem: 25 December 2022 - 09:19 PM

• Auramancer

View PostDanukem, on 25 December 2022 - 09:16 PM, said:

I haven't used the multiplayer content yet (the main purpose of the mod) but so far I find it to be a very pleasant way to play the original game. Lots of good choices on sounds and visual effects that improve the game while remaining faithful. Also good and subtle gameplay improvements.

EDIT: And yes I see the warning about saves being broken in netduke 1.2

Thanks. My goal was to make Duke3D as if it had the same level of polish as Blood or Ion Fury.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options