Duke4.net Forums: Options for contrast and lower gamma - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Options for contrast and lower gamma

User is offline   Syrion 

Hi,

I'm rather a purist when it comes to DOS games and I really enjoy playing Blood in DOSBox. By now, though, BloodGDX seems like a really great way to play the game. But, one thing that still bugs me is that even on the lowest gamma setting, the game is still somewhat brighter than when I play in DOSBox, making it lose some of the great creepy atmosphere. Would it be possible to allow for lower gamma settings? Maybe you could also allow negative values to be set in the config file if you don't want to change the slider in the in-game settings.

Another option, although more of a personal preference, would be an option to set the contrast, allowing colours to be a bit more saturated, if the engine allows for that.

User is offline   m210® 

I have no ideas how to make it better, but gamma doesn't works with hires textures, so I need to disable this useless feature

User is offline   Syrion 

View PostM210, on 14 March 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

I have no ideas how to make it better, but gamma doesn't works with hires textures, so I need to disable this useless feature

So, the gamma option will be removed entirely?

User is offline   axl 

Isn't it possible to look at how EDuke32 does it ? They have the following options: "gamma", "contrast", "brightness" and "visibility". And it is possible to put in negative values.

User is offline   m210® 

View Postaxl, on 19 March 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Isn't it possible to look at how EDuke32 does it ? They have the following options: "gamma", "contrast", "brightness" and "visibility". And it is possible to put in negative values.

I know, but Java can't handling Windows features

User is offline   VGA 

Can't you apply shaders?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostVGA, on 20 March 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

Can't you apply shaders?

OpenGL 1.5 don't support it. When I will write a new render on GL2.0, it will support

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Would it be possible to render to an off screen target, apply gamma/brightness/contrast to it, then render that to the screen?

BTW, when you write your new renderer, please open source it so other Build source ports can use it (even if it requires a port from Java to C++)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 20 March 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

Would it be possible to render to an off screen target, apply gamma/brightness/contrast to it, then render that to the screen?

It will be very slow, you can forget about 4k resolution then

This post has been edited by M210: 20 March 2018 - 10:02 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options