• This topic is locked

Zaxx shits up a thread  "Split from News & Releases"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTerminX, on 13 November 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Posted Image

You can interpret it like that if you want but honestly I'm just not a big believer in that winning an argument on the internet is possible, especially not in a situation like this. I mean I basically called out one of the lead developers of EDuke32 on EDuke32's own site (I don't care about ownership, I do care about what a community represents) for being arrogant and overly confident in his abilities without showing palpable evidence of that in this matter. That puts me in a bad position, a position where I can't "win" from even if my argument is the right one (and I humbly believe it is) but more importantly even winning would be bad here for the community (and that's why I'm not winning :D). If fellow EDuke32 devs and Duke4.net moderators start coming out of the woodwork saying "well, you know Hendricks, you really can be an asshole sometimes" that already creates tension and tension is what ultimately causes these fan projects to disappear so nope, I'm not doing that because I'd like to see EDuke32 get on the level of GZDoom eventually.

I'd just like everyone to understand this: BloodGDX is the most important thing that happened to Blood in the last 20 years and nobody, not even the developers of the great EDuke32 source port are in a position to question that. Yes, it is perfectly possible that eventually Hendricks will release a port that is better than BloodGDX but ultimately just by looking at BDGX's reception, its quick acceptance by the fanbase and the media coverage it was getting in the last couple of weeks it's safe to say that that ship has already sailed. His "BloodGDX replacement" as Hendricks put it is not happening even if the port eventually comes out and the slim hope of accomplishing that goes even slimmer by every single passing day his port is not released. Let's face it, just by doing some basic digging it seems like Hendricks is talking about this thing for around 2 years now which is less than the time M210 started his project and released it in a playable state... how do you plan on catching up to that? On top of that you can't really create anticipation because at this point nobody will believe you if you say there is a new Blood source port is coming: Jace Hall regularly made us believe something is happening, Kaiser was talking about Blood EX a lot too (he has a gameplay video at least though), there is that XL Engine stuff that's never coming, Hendricks' port is just one of those at this point.

Honestly all I'd like to see is some humility and some appreciation towards the fact that all other projects were beaten to the punch by BloodGDX. You don't have to control everything that happens with Build games, especially not if it comes from a false sense of professionalism. Seriously, where did that got you, I remember reading some shitstorm about an expansion pack for Shadow Warrior that is being finished by you guys but since you do 100 projects at a time it's nowhere near release so a bunch of passionate SW fans got frustrated. There were some bans, every second guy got called a thief... so much professionalism in community and workload management, I'm surprised Ion Maiden is coming out this year... oh wait. Stay with EDuke32 and Ion Maiden, don't try to do every single thing under the Sun.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 13 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   NNC 

View PostStriker, on 13 November 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Spoiler

Pissy tards who downvote 3 month old posts just because he got one for some shitposting?

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostZaxx, on 13 November 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

There were some bans, every second guy got called a thief...

Actually the project's assets were stolen and released so... yes thief.

And with that and your apparent disinterest in living up to your own promise of moving on, this thread is done.

Posted Image

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

BloodGDX is the most important thing that happened to Blood in the last 20 years and nobody, not even the developers of the great EDuke32 source port are in a position to question that.

That's like saying NESticle is the best thing to ever happen to NES emulation. It was popular for a time because it was a quick fix, but after a certain point it was completely obliterated.

BTW, the best thing to happen to Blood in the past 20 years is DOSBox.

Seriously, where did that got you, I remember reading some shitstorm about an expansion pack for Shadow Warrior that is being finished by you guys but since you do 100 projects at a time it's nowhere near release so a bunch of passionate SW fans got frustrated. There were some bans, every second guy got called a thief... so much professionalism in community and workload management, I'm surprised Ion Maiden is coming out this year... oh wait.

Fuck you. /thread

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options