• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Zaxx shits up a thread  "Split from News & Releases"

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postaxl, on 09 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Impressive release indeed.

And I must say, I love the fact that, at the beginning of the map, you not only get to see the name of the map, but also the author of the map ! Great stuff. I'd love to see this feature in EDuke32 as well ;-)

Hendricks' masterpiece of a port has it, I'm sure. He's coming here to tell you about it in 3...2...1...

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostZaxx, on 09 November 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hendricks' masterpiece of a port has it, I'm sure. He's coming here to tell you about it in 3...2...1...

It's like you want to provoke him and help shit up another thread, don't do that.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postaxl, on 09 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

And I must say, I love the fact that, at the beginning of the map, you not only get to see the name of the map, but also the author of the map ! Great stuff. I'd love to see this feature in EDuke32 as well ;-)

Could you post a screenshot? I disagree with the idea of showing the map author to the player, at least for the original game. "Now Loading: The Abyss, by Richard Gray" is extraneous information. It makes more sense for user maps, though.

View PostZaxx, on 09 November 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

I pay for the Duke4.net server, which hosts M210's website and this subforum. I'll visit this thread as I please.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Here you go

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

Yeah that looks extremely unprofessional.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostLunick, on 09 November 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

It's like you want to provoke him and help shit up another thread, don't do that.

Come on, it was just a joke on the basis that I find it funny how he's regularly hinting at his source port without showing anything of it. That's offensive now? Is this the new NeoGAF? Tell me because if so then I'll leave.

Anyway it's funny how it looks like Hendricks is free to call everyone "unprofessional" and stuff like that in a very serious manner while I get called out for "shitting up a thread again" if I do a harmless joke at the "expense" of someone else. And "again"? When did I "shit up" a thread ever, dear sir? Please provide links and stuff like that to prove that accusation.

I don't think it's "unprofessional" even if the font could be nicer, it's a good little way to educate players on just how the sausage was made. I never knew who made which level and would not be interested in googling it separately so I view it as a nice addition, I always liked how the original Unreal displayed the author at the beginning of every level. Why not? What is unprofessional about it?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 09 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Personally I'd have gone with the same font as the level loading screen, positioned to align with the level name on that one, and not display the author name.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPhredreeke, on 09 November 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Personally I'd have gone with the same font as the level loading screen.

Yep, that would have been the obvious - and better - choice. Displaying the authors name is a good thing but I've already said that, what would matter more though is the way it's being done. It's not information everyone wants to see so it should be more subtle. Maybe use the game's messages instead?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 09 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

• Weaponized Autism

This is what professional looks like.

Spoiler

Yup that's exactly how I'd like to see it done. Though with today's drives you hardly see the loading screen, heh...

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 09 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostHendricks266, on 09 November 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Spoiler

Is that the thing that cannot be mocked? Yay, two screens, it's something! :D It's so professional I can't take my eyes off it. God, the professionalism, I can't take it, WHY DOES IT GLOW!

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 09 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

User is offline   m210® 

It was a test information, I just made what people want to see. Anyway I can change it, its not main feature of my port, just an attempt to make something new

This post has been edited by M210: 09 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostM210, on 09 November 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

my port

not to say that constructive criticism should be completely disregarded; but ultimately make it how you want to
people will appreciate your work regardless.

Thank you for the functioning port.

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

User is offline   J432 

View PostM210, on 09 November 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

It was a test information, I just made what people want to see. Anyway I can change it, its not main feature of my port, just an attempt to make something new

I think the author name is not necessary - it either should be optional with possibility to change it in the game settings or just disabled.

This post has been edited by J432: 10 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

You can disable the level titles in options under game setup.

User is offline   J432 

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 November 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

You can disable the level titles in options under game setup.

I would like to see just level title without the name of author. It seems to me that technical info like "Boat Docks by Sunstorm Interactive" takes a bit from the game atmosphere.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostZaxx, on 09 November 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Is that the thing that cannot be mocked? Yay, two screens, it's something! :D It's so professional I can't take my eyes off it. God, the professionalism, I can't take it, WHY DOES IT GLOW!

Umm, what's with the downvotes on this - and on my previous - comment? Breaking balls is not permitted on a Duke forum or what? Seriously, if I violated a rule or something just tell me instead of acting like frustrated children because I wanna know if I can help.

And for the record: no, I don't like Hendricks based on the behaviour I saw from him so far. Can I think that?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 10 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostZaxx, on 09 November 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Umm, what's with the downvotes on this - and on my previous - comment? Breaking balls is not permitted on a Duke forum or what? Seriously, if I violated a rule or something just tell me instead of acting like frustrated children because I wanna know if I can help.

And for the record: no, I don't like Hendricks based on the behaviour I saw from him so far. Can I think that?

Edit: Oh crap, somehow this one's a double. Can I delete a comment?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 10 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

User is online   Tekedon 

It's probably Hendricks army of fuccbois behind that again ;) I don't appreciate his attitude either, no one is forcing you to like anyone. If everyone in the world would get along we wouldn't have any wars. I'll probably get a warning again or be banned alltogether after this post. :D

All things aside, this thread should be kept for news/releases about Blood GDX.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 11 November 2017 - 02:39 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTekedon, on 11 November 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

It's probably Hendricks army of fuccbois behind that again ;) I don't appreciate his attitude either, no one is forcing you to like anyone. If everyone in the world would get along we wouldn't have any wars. I'll probably get a warning again or be banned alltogether after this post. :D

Well, you know, a community is as good as the people who maintain it are. Why do you have to post one sentence saying "that's unprofessional" instead of constructively explaining what you feel to be wrong with a certain feature? Others did this in a perfectly good and understandable manner yet you're supposed to "respect" an annoying member... according to him because he owns the site. Wow, you just have to be fun at parties if the first reason that comes to your mind on why your behaviour should be tolerated is ownership. And downvoting instead of starting an actual conversation and bringing in actual arguments? That's just childish.

Btw. you're right, we should get back on topic and I'm too old to care about the weird rude people of the internet anyway.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 11 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPhredreeke, on 09 November 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

[opinion]
Change the font of the map title and center it on the screen
reduce the size of the map author name by at least 1/4 - maybe up to 1/8 & put it at the bottom of the screen (center or right) - it'll be there but it won't be a distraction to the screen or an overload of information. Make it optional in the menu.
[/opinion]

• Weaponized Autism

View PostZaxx, on 11 November 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Well, you know, a community is as good as the people who maintain it are.

Forgive me for not making and including my mockup in my original post responding to the screenshot. It's constructive criticism: I offered feedback based on my experience, and showed exactly how to do it right.

Meanwhile, I count seven posts of you huffing and puffing about me. What does that say about you?

User is offline   Forge 

You need thicker skin Mr. Admin man. The world is full of people that you will find abrasive, and you answer to none of them.

This is not a polite discussion, nor an exchange of ideas and constructive criticisms. Nothing good is going to come of it.

This post has been edited by Forge: 11 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

View PostHendricks266, on 11 November 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Forgive me for not making and including my mockup in my original post

Mockup, I was hoping it was something you had got running :D

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPhredreeke, on 11 November 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

Mockup, I was hoping it was something you had got running :D

If it was capable of making that screenshot, it would be done and ready for public release.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

So now it's public shaming time because I said that I don't agree with some methods of our dear admin? :D How embarrassing...

Dude, if I was operating like this on the site I contribute to I'd be crucified... guess because we're professional?

Edit: Wait, so the screenshot you posted was a mockup? You posted a mockup shot as a comparison for a real screenshot from BloodGDX and you did not even state that in the comment? So why are you offended when someone takes issue with the fact that you don't waste an opportunity to say how your non-existing port is superior to the one we're playing right now? Man, at this point I don't even care if your port is real and it ends up being better than BGDX, I won't even start it up out of principle.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 11 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Posted Image

View PostZaxx, on 11 November 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

the fact that you don't waste an opportunity to say how your non-existing port is superior to the one we're playing right now?

Not once did he mention anything about his own blood port in this thread. Axl said they'd like the author display feature in EDuke32, then you came in with the cunty flame-bait (how you expect not to get some kind of a lashback for this bullshit is beyond me), Hendricks266 asked for a screenshot out of curiosity but wasn't too keen on the idea for official maps, but may be a better idea for user maps.

A screenshot was posted by predreeke, and then all Hendricks266 said about it was that the map name/author display in said screenshot looked unprofessional, and thus he made a mockup showing how he believes it should look. Don't know what the big deal is, you and Tekedon are the only ones here being cunts.

This post has been edited by Striker: 11 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostStriker, on 11 November 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Not once did he mention anything about his own blood port in this thread.

So because it did not happen in one specific thread it did not happen at all? Nice logic there.

Don't know what the big deal is, you and Tekedon are the only ones here being cunts.

Honestly this thread's existence proves that I'm not the only cunt here. :D Anyway congrats everyone, I'm successfully scared away from this community now.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 12 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Striker: 13 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostZaxx, on 12 November 2017 - 01:33 AM, said:

Honestly this thread's existence proves that I'm not the only cunt here. :D Anyway congrats everyone, I'm successfully scared away from this community now.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options