Duke4.net Forums: High Def. Duketalk for Next HRP - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High Def. Duketalk for Next HRP

User is offline   Piano Man 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jun 3 2009, 10:48 AM, said:

Or, Possibly figure out how to get the Sounds from the PSX Version of Duke3D; Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown. It had the exact lines in Duke3D, plus some... In MUCH higher sound quality.

What about Zero Hour??? That had some WICKED lines....

Chestnuts roasting as I open fire... :)

Or Duke Manhattan Project???

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

It wouldn't be impossible or hard to run Duke3D on a PSX emulator on PC and record the Duketalk via Stereo Mix. It'd just take an annoyingly long time. :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Although, the quality won't be as good. I was able to extract SOME lines from Total Meltdown. Believe me though, extracting sounds from TM is a nasty process.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 03 June 2009 - 04:14 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 3 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

Although, the quality won't be as good. I was able to extract SOME lines from Total Meltdown. Believe me though, extracting sounds from TM is a nasty process.

Isn't that illegal? You know, copyright issues etc.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postzchri9, on Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

Isn't that illegal? You know, copyright issues etc.

Now you care about the copy right laws? :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Extracting sounds from a game is not illegal. Do you know anything of the law?

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 3 2009, 09:14 PM, said:

If you could explain that process over PM, I'd gladly listen. I've been trying for Ages.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Google "PSound". It should be your second result. Run this program on the files in the Episode folders on your Total Meltdown CD. I estimate it only picks up about 40% of the sounds, and as far as I can tell this includes all the NEW lines.

If you're looking for a sound in particular, I might have it and could just give it to you.

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 3 2009, 11:14 PM, said:

Google "PSound". It should be your second result. Run this program on the files in the Episode folders on your Total Meltdown CD. I estimate it only picks up about 40% of the sounds, and as far as I can tell this includes all the NEW lines.

If you're looking for a sound in particular, I might have it and could just give it to you.

Heh, I had PSound already from a long time ago, but didn't realize the sounds could be in the PMP files. Thanks!

User is offline   Skyso 

hi
In first time, sorry for my english, i am french
I have extracted audio files from E1L1.PMP but the quality seems the same.
Duke talke from E1L1.PMP
It's may be useless but if i can help.
ps : the originale audio file is too fast consequently i have slacken speed ( - 50% with Audacity )

the reply is understandable ?

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostSkyso, on Jun 4 2009, 05:42 AM, said:

hi
In first time, sorry for my english, i am french
I have extracted audio files from E1L1.PMP but the quality seems the same.
Duke talke from E1L1.PMP
It's may be useless but if i can help.
ps : the originale audio file is too fast consequently i have slacken speed ( - 50% with Audacity )

the reply is understandable ?

You have to force the bitrate to 11025khz. Which is a bit better than Duke3D's 8000khz sounds and one-liners. You can really notice this in the weapon fire sounds. 11025 scales up to 22050 a lot better than 8000khz does too, so it results in better sound.

going a little off track on this post but here goes...

okay i was just listening to this guy he's really good he has the voice down but like someone said it needs to be a little deeper but messing with the pitch just messes up the realistic sound to it.

anyway he has a problem with some breathing getting into the mic and sounds being exaggerated by the mic he needs to get a pop shield (if he doesn't already have one) and stand just a little further away from the mic other then that the sound recording is amazing.

it kinda irritates me to hear that it just makes it seem a little less professional other then that its perfect. but really am i the only one that noticed that or is it just me and my obsessive compulsive ways?

This post has been edited by staffcarguy: 11 June 2009 - 03:34 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

The recording quality could have certainly been better, but Clint had to make do with the equipment he has. And I bet he was frustrated with the mixed feelings about the idea to do it before he recorded them, but I think he did a good job considering all that. :)

View PostYatta, on Jun 11 2009, 03:59 PM, said:

The recording quality could have certainly been better, but Clint had to make do with the equipment he has. And I bet he was frustrated with the mixed feelings about the idea to do it before he recorded them, but I think he did a good job considering all that. :)

yeah he did quite a good job even so, new duke talk and re-mastered versions of our old favorite duke nukem one liners would certainly be amazing. although the fall of DNF is quite sad since it looked so good but what the modding community has been able to do with a system built back in the mid 1990's is quite amazing and doesn't make it seem so bad (to me at least) that we may never see DNF on store shelves.

though I'm not sure what that directly has to do with this topic i guess it just means that you guys have pretty much made your own alternative to DNF and nobody had to wait 12 years just to hear that every thing has been canceled.

so kudos to all! =P (what ever the hell kudos means, congrats or good job or something like that right?)

User is offline   Raziel 

I'm not against the idea of Clint doing the voice in HQ, but his voice would have to be lowered... It is still too high-pitched for Duke.

Of course I would prefer it if Jon St. John did it, and for reference, he charges $50 per 30 seconds of speech last I heard... We *could* find out if he'd do a good deal for us to re-record all the lines in HQ, but that's up to him to decide. It would be awesome if that was an option.

I have to say though that I am quite interested in doing a fan-made Duke game if there are enough people interested in working on the project and assuming 3DR okays it, which I doubt, but who knows. Perhaps if it is a sellable iPhone project or something they'd be more open to the idea... If we did this, I would have no problem with giving some cash to get the real voice of Duke in there.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The voice is perfect to my ears. But I'm not using it because of all the annoying breath-in-the-mic....-ness. It's far too jarring. Too bad as I was really looking forward to this :).

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Jun 12 2009, 01:07 PM, said:

The voice is perfect to my ears. But I'm not using it because of all the annoying breath-in-the-mic....-ness. It's far too jarring. Too bad as I was really looking forward to this :).

i understand but the other guy explained that he had some mixed feelings about it when he started but I'm sure that could easily be fixed its just a matter of getting a pop shield (if he doesn't have one) and moving the mic a little better other then that I'm sure he could pull it off it just seemed like kind of a quick half assed job since its just a sound board I'm sure serious recordings would be better.

Also i agree his voice isn't quite deep enough but hell its pretty damn good! though i doubt you'll ever get 3DR to agree to letting you make your own game but I'm sure clint would do just fine (also he could practice making it deeper witch might not be a problem at all if he was serious about it), also we can't always get everything we want sure it would be awesome to get the original guy to do it but 50 bucks for 30 seconds is pretty expensive but i think they meant that's clint rates not johns (johns is probably off the chart expensive if that's the case).

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hey guys I am still hoping to get copies of some of the one liners heard in the unofficial DNF trailer, such as "Makin' Bacon!". I'd like to put them in Duke Plus. Anybody got those?

@Commander: And no those sounds were not in the files you sent, although I did find some useful ones in there so thanks.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 12 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

View PostDeeperThought, on Jun 12 2009, 08:39 PM, said:

Hey guys I am still hoping to get copies of some of the one liners heard in the unofficial DNF trailer, such as "Makin' Bacon!". I'd like to put them in Duke Plus. Anybody got those?

Those are all lines from Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options