• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Blood?

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostdaMann, on 17 July 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

CONGRATULATIONS. I have four children myself, plus the wife, plus work and volunteering.... I totally get it :( I strictly do Discord, though I like to occasionally pop in over here to see what's being posted on the forum.

Thanks! :unsure: Nice, yeah not easy to find much sparetime anymore, right now I'm on vacation though but I'll start work again soon.

View PostTekedon, on 18 July 2018 - 02:50 AM, said:

Thanks! :( Nice, yeah not easy to find much sparetime anymore, right now I'm on vacation though but I'll start work again soon.

To contribute to this thread. I AM working on something but it's a slow process. Here is a screenshot.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Mark 

I like the attention to details. Like the shadow behind the sign, the irregular shape of the base. Maybe try that same irregular shape with the stone path.

View PostMark., on 18 July 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

I like the attention to details. Like the shadow behind the sign, the irregular shape of the base. Maybe try that same irregular shape with the stone path.

Thanks! :( Actually it is irregular mostly, only the small part of the path in the screenshot that is passing the sign is straight, design choice.

User is offline   darkcaleb 

View PostTekedon, on 18 July 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

To contribute to this thread. I AM working on something but it's a slow process. Here is a screenshot.

Your the guy behind the eviction maps right? Cant want to see what your cooking up there! :(

View Postdarkcaleb, on 19 July 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

Your the guy behind the eviction maps right? Cant want to see what your cooking up there! :(

No I'm not actually, that's by SPILL.

User is offline   daMann 

Keep it up! Looking good and looks like it'll be interesting. I'm always inpressive by you guys doing the lettering with the fonts included.. good stuff.

User is offline   SPILL 

Slowly working on the next level for Eviction. It may not end up being the third level however. Depends on how well it flows.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by SPILL: 19 July 2018 - 09:13 PM

User is offline   Krieghor 

View PostSPILL, on 19 July 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Slowly working on the next level for Eviction. It may not end up being the third level however. Depends on how well it flows.

I love your maps dude! : :(

View PostdaMann, on 19 July 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

Keep it up! Looking good and looks like it'll be interesting. I'm always inpressive by you guys doing the lettering with the fonts included.. good stuff.

Thanks :( If this goes as planned it'll be a 7 level episode :unsure: I have level 1, and 2 complete. Level 3 is almost done. And I have a good start on level 4 and 5. Boss map needs to be done from scratch and I might have a start on a secret level.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 20 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostTekedon, on 20 July 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Thanks :( If this goes as planned it'll be a 7 level episode :unsure: I have level 1, and 2 complete. Level 3 is almost done. And I have a good start on level 4 and 5. Boss map needs to be done from scratch and I might have a start on a secret level.

Tekedon was generous to let me playtest a bit of it. I loved the swampland environment. You guys wont be disappointed!

User is offline   daMann 

#ScreenshotSunday

Bloodlines reboot....

Somethin' is a-brewin' odd at good ol' DU_K FARMS... Think there's some children in the corn out there....???

And, some Hitchcock movies are inspiring a map.... this will fit right in with Episode 2's surrealism, gallery, twilight zone, etc...

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by daMann: 29 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

View PostdaMann, on 29 July 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

#ScreenshotSunday

Bloodlines reboot....

Somethin' is a-brewin' odd at good ol' DU_K FARMS... Think there's some children in the corn out there....???

And, some Hitchcock movies are inspiring a map.... this will fit right in with Episode 2's surrealism, gallery, twilight zone, etc...

Lookin´ delish! :(

User is offline   Sanek 

@Spill, what maps do you made? These screenshots looks great, i'd like to check the previous works of yours
I'm not good at searching for Blood's maps, unfortunately. :(

This post has been edited by Sanek: 05 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostSanek, on 05 August 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

@Spill, what maps do you made? These screenshots looks great, i'd like to check the previous works of yours
I'm not good at searching for Blood's maps, unfortunately. :(

My latest release is Eviction, an episode that I am currently working on. I have 2 levels released so far. You can download them from the link in the video descriptions.

Return to the House on Haunted Hill is another release inspired by Tekedon's Haunted Hill. You should definitely play his as well. It's one of my favorite usermaps.

This post has been edited by SPILL: 05 August 2018 - 07:37 PM

User is offline   SPILL 

I get a lot of wonderful comments regarding my Bioshock themed mini-episode, Somewhere Under the Sea.

User is offline   SPILL 

This was my first release. I look back at it and cringe now lol. It was 8 years ago and I was 15 years old.

This post has been edited by SPILL: 05 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Hey, I actually played Return to the House on Haunted Hill not a long time ago. It was a great map, very creepy at the beginning at great to play all-around! :(
Thank you for all the links anyway. Can I run the episodes with BloodGDX port by any chance?

This post has been edited by Sanek: 06 August 2018 - 05:08 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Holy Schmidt... Eviction is awesome. As much as I like Blood I never bought the full version or Plasma Pak so I guess that leaves me out. I would love to remake that map in either my Graveyard or Decay project. Or at least parts of it. Thats a large map.

using 3rd person view to sneak a peek around corners...shame on you :(

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 August 2018 - 01:09 PM

View PostSPILL, on 05 August 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

This was my first release. I look back at it and cringe now lol. It was 8 years ago and I was 15 years old.

Why, this is top notch work :( at least it's better than my first released map.

User is offline   Mark 

Hey SPILL. At the 35-40 second mark in the Eviction video there is a spark sprite by the elevator switch. Is that part of the Blood or Plasma Pak assets or did you find it somewhere. I need one for my current project and its not as easy to find as I thought it would be. I could make one in a modeling program but it would be way easier to use pre-made sprite frames.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostMark., on 06 August 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Hey SPILL. At the 35-40 second mark in the Eviction video there is a spark sprite by the elevator switch. Is that part of the Blood or Plasma Pak assets or did you find it somewhere. I need one for my current project and its not as easy to find as I thought it would be. I could make one in a modeling program but it would be way easier to use pre-made sprite frames.

The spark effect is an invisible gib object being toggled by an elevator (built off the map) at a rapid pace. The elevator triggers the gib object each time it hits the on and off state (up and down). I set the wait-time of the gib object to a random number - that way the gib object doesn't spark too consistently (appears more random than the consistent elevator trigger).

This post has been edited by SPILL: 07 August 2018 - 06:13 PM

User is offline   Mark 

So the sprite is part of Blood or Plasma Pak and not something custom you made or found?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 07 August 2018 - 06:11 PM

Correct, you can find the correct gib object variant used in this list on BME's page

http://www.baitd.blo.../gib_object.htm

*Edit, I believe it's number 6

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 08 August 2018 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   daMann 

#ScreenshotMonday HAHAHAHA

Full weekend. Tonight really started to shape the Bridge map, inspired by the ending scene of Fulci's Zombi... but Bloodlines style :(

In the end of the story, everything comes unraveling... everything literally is falling apart, words and worlds spinning into each other and being deleted, jagged edges and monsters roam everywhere... Caleb has to reach Prospero Publishing to finish off Dunkel before he finishes writing The Beginning of the End....

Attached File(s)

Love all this. Wish there was a bit of an updated map editor.

User is offline   Mark 

From your username I'll guess you are an Anne Rice fan.

You can do most of the Blood mapping with Mapster. But have to go back to Mapedit :( to place all the effects.

View PostMark., on 17 August 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

From your username I'll guess you are an Anne Rice fan.

You can do most of the Blood mapping with Mapster. But have to go back to Mapedit :( to place all the effects.

It's my real name. First name after some movie about a fisherman my father had seen and second name from my grandfather :unsure:
Thx for the Mapster tip!

User is offline   Phredreeke 

A few tile edits I made last night as a joke

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMark., on 17 August 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Is anyone actually doing this? Did you get any issue (for instance when mapping for Shadow Warrior, building sector vehicules with more than 3 sectors wouldn't work in m32) ? How different is the scale?

This post has been edited by MetHy: 27 August 2018 - 02:28 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options