Duke4.net Forums: Wichaven? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wichaven?  "wichavenGDX?"

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostJamesfff, on 25 March 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Just a quick note - the door out of the entry room of level 3 won't open for some reason.

Witchaven GDX Came with a patch for that, Look around in the folders!

User is offline   Devon 

View PostTheXna, on 25 March 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Well, I'm remaking the whole Witchaven campaign and other stuff as well, Witchaven GDX Is a very good port! For a beta state its great, Really, Its fully playable, Better controls (You can aim with freelook!, Holy crap!), WAY better hit detection. (And the framerate, Jesus!)

People might not get this but Witchaven itself was hella glitchy, So, Witchaven GDX has the same bugs from The vanilla - Dos version!, But there's some stuff that this Port has to fix(Minor things actually), Water glitch, Making some of the monsters invisible on the water (Check some of my videos to see with more detail), And Fatwiz Missing sounds, Thats all!, The music is poorly implemented too, but thats the fault of capstone, Not this port!, I wish alexander could fix these problems, Thought most of the problems are fixed by EGWhaven patches so, M210 Could some day implement these!

Cool!

Im looking forward to see your work!

To me wichaven is a rough in many ways.. but i do feel it could be pretty damn awsome if some of its shortcomming were to be fixed.

There arent alot of fantasy fps games from the era exept heretic and hexen so the wichaven games need to be fixed i think... there is alot of potential in them in my opinion.

User is offline   Jamesfff 

Jamesfff, on 25 March 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

Just a quick note - the door out of the entry room of level 3 won't open for some reason.

View PostTheXna, on 25 March 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Witchaven GDX Came with a patch for that, Look around in the folders!

The only patch that came with WitchavenGDX 0.500 was for level 5, not level 3, where the problem is! If there is a version of WitchavenGDX with a patch for level 3, it's not up yet.

This post has been edited by Jamesfff: 26 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostJamesfff, on 26 March 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

The only patch that came with WitchavenGDX 0.500 was for level 5, not level 3, where the problem is! If there is a version of WitchavenGDX with a patch for level 3, it's not up yet.

Oh OK, I'm looking into that today! And release a quick patch for it.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options