Duke4.net Forums: [Volunteer Opportunity] New Forum Software Skin Design - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Volunteer Opportunity] New Forum Software Skin Design

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Our version of IPB is really old and we have had an upgrade to the latest Xenforo on the back burner for a while. There are two issues:

1. Finding and/or making an adequate theme.
2. Properly porting and supporting up/downvote functionality equivalent or superior to what we have.

The site staff is seeking a volunteer to assist with #1. If interested, make a post with something we can use to gauge your talent and experience.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I hope whatever you do is optional. I've gotten used to the gold & black.
So much so, I can barely remember the theme before this one.

• Weaponized Autism

We can't use IPB themes with Xenforo. The idea is to recreate the current theme targeting the new software.

User is online   blizzart 

View PostHendricks266, on 19 July 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

We can't use IPB themes with Xenforo. The idea is to recreate the current theme targeting the new software.

I think most of this "recreation" could be done with CSS. Depending on how easy the template system of Xenforo is (couldn´t find any information about that right now) you can count me in. I´m running my own webdesign business for over 5 years now, so CSS/HTML/WordPress templates won´t be a problem. If it comes to functionalities with PHP / Javascript / AJAX I´m out. But I think Big Bene is into web programming with at least PHP IIRC.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Well if it's just doing the theme, then it should only take a bit of CSS/HTML/XML editing to the template - or are they wanting entire page layouts & designs that may require additional PHP/Bootstrap, Javascript/JQuery, etc., knowledge?

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I hope most changes are behind the scene. This has the best color combos for my old eyes.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm sure it'll have a different aesthetic. It's an entirely different board system (correct?). That's why someone's needed to make a theme for it resembling this one.

• Weaponized Autism

Without a doubt it will not look identical to what we have now with regard to layout, but we intend to keep the color scheme and aesthetic.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

One of the reasons we chose Xenforo is because the default appearance is already very similar to what we have here in a lot of ways. The current theme we're running on IPB required hundreds of template edits and that's not something we want to do again.

• Weaponized Autism

This just skyrocketed in importance because we have discovered that our registration system is not just clunky, it actually broke at some point. I see we have a volunteer so we will be reaching out shortly.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options