Duke4.net Forums: Bio Menace corner - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bio Menace corner

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

link credits to oasiz

User is online   Lunick 

• Snazzy Ex Tazzy

Bio Menace episodes 2 and 3 are evil.

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/

User is offline   NY00123 

Just the right place for posting this, which I've seen during the last hour (not sure there's much to see here, though):

This post has been edited by NY00123: 07 July 2017 - 06:34 AM

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

You didn't tell us that you made the only complete and available level pack! (at least if no one search specifically on shikadi wiki or your website)
"Mangle is back from the dead" by NY00123
http://www.shikadi.n...120501_0.99.zip

Excluding the Keen themed mod "Crisis Earth", the other abandoned attempt known is "Bio Menace 4: Crisis Dream"

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 07 July 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostNY00123, on 06 July 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

Just the right place for posting this, which I've seen during the last hour (not sure there's much to see here, though):

This is such an esoteric joke that I don't quite understand it. Does it have to do with how different Apogee games play the .imf/.wlf music format at different rates?

User is offline   NY00123 

View PostHendricks266, on 08 July 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

This is such an esoteric joke that I don't quite understand it. Does it have to do with how different Apogee games play the .imf/.wlf music format at different rates?

Well, you can see ChaosEdit being used. I'm not that familiar with it, but it's a multi-purpose Wolfenstein editor (according to the Wolfenstein 3D Dome), so probably no surprise the thing is played back at 700Hz (like Wolf3D) instead of 560Hz (as in Keen 4 based games).

There do seem to be other misc. edits to the IMF data (like muting some channels?), again later in the video.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 08 July 2017 - 04:07 AM

My morning alarm ringtone be like

User is offline   Poorchop 

I was surprised when I found out that this game was already considered pretty dated by the time that it was released because I loved it to death back when it came out and for several years afterwards. I also think this soundtrack is one of Bobby Prince's best works. The City is one of my all time favorite tracks in any game to date and Like It Was used to kind of get me down even though that seems a bit cheesy in retrospect.

I remember some site from a few years back that talked a little bit about Bobby's process of creating music for the game. I could be remembering incorrectly but I remember reading that he was unhappy with how The City ended up sounding. There was a link to his original rendition but I lost the file. To be honest, I think the version that ended up in game sounded perfect and I liked it the best. I would have loved to see this turn into a franchise and evolve over time. Would have been really cool if this made the same transition that Duke made from 2 to 3D.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostPoorchop, on 27 December 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

I would have loved to see this turn into a franchise and evolve over time. Would have been really cool if this made the same transition that Duke made from 2 to 3D.

It seems that heroes with moustaches had faded out of fashion by the mid-90s.

User is offline   Doom64hunter 

View PostPoorchop, on 27 December 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

I was surprised when I found out that this game was already considered pretty dated by the time that it was released because I loved it to death back when it came out and for several years afterwards. I also think this soundtrack is one of Bobby Prince's best works. The City is one of my all time favorite tracks in any game to date and Like It Was used to kind of get me down even though that seems a bit cheesy in retrospect.

I remember some site from a few years back that talked a little bit about Bobby's process of creating music for the game. I could be remembering incorrectly but I remember reading that he was unhappy with how The City ended up sounding. There was a link to his original rendition but I lost the file. To be honest, I think the version that ended up in game sounded perfect and I liked it the best. I would have loved to see this turn into a franchise and evolve over time. Would have been really cool if this made the same transition that Duke made from 2 to 3D.

If anyone's interested in these, here's a download link that includes both the imf and the recreated midis by Bobby Prince:
http://www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Bio_Menace_(DOS)

They really don't sound as good as the ones that were used in the game though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options