Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WH32  "Witchaven TC for EDuke32"

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I've posted a few pics around, it's very very early, consider this a proof of concept type release.

Disclaimer, nothing really works yet, no weapons, no enemies, this is just able to load the maps so far.

The package does not contain original game data, it's EDuke32 with CONS, defs and a bat file with the tools to automate the initial data extraction processes.
Download:Attached File  WH32.zip (5.6MB)
Number of downloads: 8
Instructions:
Extract the attached file WH32.zip directly to the gameroot folder of Witchaven.
Run !SETUP_WH32.BAT first to extract and convert Witchaven files to EDuke32 formats.
Run !!PLAY WH32.bat -or- go into the directory created by !SETUP_WH32.BAT and run eduke32.exe

Looking for people interested in Witchaven who may want to help port the needed source over to CON (like enemy AI and such) Even able to make maps for it in Mapster32 which is working fairly decently straight out of the box, BACKMAP is needed to play them in DOS.

Added later...

I've lost all interest in this, the maps aren't worth any effort getting working in EDuke32. Maybe the potential is there for a good game...

This post has been edited by Drek: 21 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

User is offline   Pest 

Lame even for a pre-alpha, but still... any news on this? Idea is pretty fine.

User is online   Tekedon 

I bet this is dead. But does not matter since we have WitchavenGDX aldready.

User is offline   Pest 

WHGDX is surely not an ideal option. It's pretty inaccurate, and also Java.

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostPest, on 07 September 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

WHGDX is surely not an ideal option. It's pretty inaccurate, and also Java.

Ok. But so what if it runs on Java? BloodGDX works fine and runs on Java.

User is offline   VGA 

Oh my god, every time a GDX project is mentioned, someone pops up to complain about Java. You don't need to install anything, people.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Currently there's no other option outside of DosBox and given that the game doesn't exactly have a large following I don't expect another port to come along. Also the nature of the game's source release makes combining it with code from other projects problematic...

User is offline   Pest 

View PostVGA, on 07 September 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Oh my god, every time a GDX project is mentioned, someone pops up to complain about Java. You don't need to install anything, people.

Install what? Java is simply bad for games, especially when your specs aren't on a pinnacle and major performance issues arise.

User is offline   VGA 

View PostPest, on 08 September 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

Install what? Java is simply bad for games, especially when your specs aren't on a pinnacle and major performance issues arise.

BloodGDX has great performance, thousands of frames per second on low spec PCs. Don't know what PC you are talking about... :(

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostVGA, on 08 September 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

BloodGDX has great performance, thousands of frames per second on low spec PCs. Don't know what PC you are talking about... :(

BloodGDX does indeed run fine :P NBlood does not run any better.

User is online   Phredreeke 

I can get 100+ FPS running BloodGDX on a GPD Win (uses an Atom SoC) in Polymost at 1280x720. If you have a decent CPU and an nVidia card you can easily get framerates in the thousands as said above.

Now classic mode is a different matter. I recorded a video the other day comparing framerates with the classic renderer on both BloodGDX and NBlood

User is online   Tekedon 

I don't think classic mode is fully done yet so things might change, but yes I also noticed that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options