• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus  "Releasing October 27th"

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 05 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

He's fighting literal Nazis though right? Posted Image

Do millennials even know what a literal Nazi is? I doubt it, since they regularly misapply the term "literal" as well as the term "Nazi".

The whole concept of Wolfenstein is pretty contradictory because your goal is to defeat evil incarnate but, considering they have to keep milking the cow, BJ can never truly win over the Nazis.

Nevertheless, I like the new games a lot and stand by them, although I'm not planning to go through TNC anytime soon, still busy with the old ones.

I can't help but feel they retconned the old games out of continuity with the release of TOB, though. In TOB, what you do is basically what takes place in the first few chapters of RTCW, concluding with Helga being killed by the horror she summoned. Then the prologue of TNO is a reimagining of the Deathshead levels in RTCW with a different conclusion because the intent of the plot is to make the Nazis win this time.

There are a couple references to the classic games but I feel like they're pretty much just easter eggs with no impact on the story itself. I just can't logically work how BJ would thwart the plans from the SS Paranormal division in RTCW only to do the exact same thing 3 (5?) years later in TOB with the events following the exact same pattern (Wesley being electrocuted, rendezvous with Kessler, Helga being killed by the beast).

User is offline   gemeaux333 

There is actually no retcon at all, as Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein (2009) are mentionned, threw Blascovicz being swimming in the butcher's pit under his lab and the presence of Caroline Becker having survived

View Postgemeaux333, on 11 November 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

There is actually no retcon at all, as Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein (2009) are mentionned, threw Blascovicz being swimming in the butcher's pit under his lab and the presence of Caroline Becker having survived

Covered by:

There are a couple references to the classic games but I feel like they're pretty much just easter eggs with no impact on the story itself.

Which I wrote earlier.

BJ mentions the X-Labs both in TNO and TOB but, to attain a cohesive lore, RTCW and Wolf09 must be discarded IMO, as RTCW conflicts with TOB. If they hadn't made TOB, everything would've been fine and dandy.

User is offline   MetHy 

I really wanted to play this but I'm slightly behind "minimum requirements" even though both previous games ran just fine.

So I tried the demo and it does run fine, except that all text, including on the hud, appear glitched. This seems to be a common issue and on Steam forums people have solutions for it, none of which work, and the mods answer to this problem is pretty much "we don't give support if you're below sys requirements"...

So I'm wondering if anyone here had that same issue and actually fixed it?

BTW the demo consists of cutscenes, the wheelchair segment, and more cutscenes. Pretty stupid.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 24 November 2017 - 05:04 AM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Alors le temps est peut être venu d'acheter un nouvel ordinateur, haut de gamme de préférence ;)

Comme diraient les Inconnus : "Plus Commodores 64 depuis 3 décennies" :D

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 24 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMetHy, on 24 November 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

I really wanted to play this but I'm slightly behind "minimum requirements" even though both previous games ran just fine.

So I tried the demo and it does run fine, except that all text, including on the hud, appear glitched.

The demo's not a really good indication on how the game runs honestly: you get a rather simple level and things start to get more demanding later. I had around 90 fps on the level that's in the demo but once I got to the more open areas like New York the framerate could tank to the 40s.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 27 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostMetHy, on 24 November 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

So I tried the demo and it does run fine, except that all text, including on the hud, appear glitched. This seems to be a common issue and on Steam forums people have solutions for it, none of which work, and the mods answer to this problem is pretty much "we don't give support if you're below sys requirements"...

So I'm wondering if anyone here had that same issue and actually fixed it?

BTW the demo consists of cutscenes, the wheelchair segment, and more cutscenes. Pretty stupid.

I had the same glitch as my card has 3GB instead of the required 4GB. Turning on Bordlerless Window Mode and VSync to On and restarting the game seems to work for the most part. If it occurs again repeating those steps should get it working. Hopefully that will do the trick if you haven't tried that yet.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

TOB still crashes pretty quickly on my computer which I’m annoyed with. The developer seems pretty spotty on the coding front.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Based on the teaser episode the season pass seems really underwhelming. From the 3 protagonists I only see Agent Silent Death or whatshername as something promising, she seems like a nice throwback to Cate Archer from NOLF. The other two guys? Generic badass action heros and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just that we have a much better version of it in the form of Blazko and it seems like they won't get unique gameplay mechanics (the black dude can punch things and throw cans, the spy chick uses a knife instead of a hatchet but that's it). Even the spy chick seems a bit dodgy because she's supposed to be a stealth focused character but you get the same stealth mechanics the base game use and let's just say those can't stand on their own.

Honestly I'd much prefer just regular story DLC with good old BJ or Elite Hans, the character they replaced BJ with in the game's alternate version of Wolf 3D. Sure, controlling a nazi character could be controversial but there is safe ways to do that, send him against the soviets for example, apply fiotting comedic undertones and nobody will care.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options