Duke4.net Forums: Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus  "Releasing October 27th"

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is the highly anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed first-person shooter, Wolfenstein: The New Order developed by the award-winning studio MachineGames. Learn more at https://beth.games/2sniil7

An exhilarating adventure brought to life by the industry-leading id Tech 6, Wolfenstein II sends players to Nazi-controlled America on a mission to recruit the boldest resistance leaders left. Fight the Nazis in iconic locations such as small-town Roswell, New Mexico, the flooded streets of New Orleans, and a post-nuclear Manhattan. Equip an arsenal of badass guns, and unleash new abilities to blast your way through legions of advanced Nazi soldiers, cyborgs, and über soldiers in this definitive first-person shooter.

America, 1961. Your assassination of Nazi General Deathshead was a short-lived victory. Despite the setback, the Nazis maintain their stranglehold on the world. You are BJ Blazkowicz, aka “Terror-Billy,” member of the Resistance, scourge of the Nazi empire, and humanity’s last hope for liberty. Only you have the guts, guns, and gumption to return stateside, kill every Nazi in sight, and spark the second American Revolution.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 11 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks good. I still have to finish New Order.

Looks pretty good. I'm looking forward to this one.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Was surprised how much they showed in the trailer; considering how soon it comes out, I definitely won't be watching it again or anything else they release. New Order was a nice surprise I knew nothing about going in and it's still in my top 5 games of the last 5 years; Colossus is an instant buy

User is offline   ---- 

So the leaked date on Amazon.de was right. :P

I repeat: That's the way it should be. Announce a game and publish it a few months later instead of a few years. :P

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Was that a MonkeyCat?

For those that have a hankering for more Wolfenstein-style action, episode two of Wolfendoom released recently!

User is offline   Malgon 

I'm in the minority of people who weren't really blown away by the first game, but I have to admit this does look fairly interesting. It looks like the detail has been kicked up a notch in the graphics department, as the animations look smooth and the environments look quite nice. Also it is refreshing to see an announcement for a title and have it release within 6 months, which is something more devs should do to be honest.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMalgon, on 12 June 2017 - 04:29 AM, said:

I'm in the minority of people who weren't really blown away by the first game ...

I wasn't neither. The gameplay was good, but I found the story to be a terrible mess that meandered aimlessly here and there but didn't manage to avoid the many plotholes on it's zig zag way.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

If only I knew for sure this won't have a geo lock again in Germany. But since it's pretty much the same kind of game as TNO (and there are already indicators on Steam that it won't have English language in DE), I am afraid we poor bastards in Germany have to handle yet another round of unfair, forced and (officially) inevitable kind of censorship...

Well, two ways to bypass this: VPN or PS4 version. Sigh...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

Awesome.

I really liked TNO and in TOB they really learnt from their mistakes and made things a lot better, so I don't think this can go wrong.

I just hope the specs requirements won't be much higher than for TNO and TOB.

• The Truth is in here

Will they use the same engine as in TNO or are they upgrading to a newer one?

View PostNightFright, on 12 June 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

If only I knew for sure this won't have a geo lock again in Germany. But since it's pretty much the same kind of game as TNO (and there are already indicators on Steam that it won't have English language in DE), I am afraid we poor bastards in Germany have to handle yet another round of unfair, forced and (officially) inevitable kind of censorship...

Well, two ways to bypass this: VPN or PS4 version. Sigh...

If I buy you a CD from Denmark, and give it to you in Germany, can you play it then?
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but i have no idea how this works.

View PostNightFright, on 12 June 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

Will they use the same engine as in TNO or are they upgrading to a newer one?

TNO was id Tech 5, TNC will be id Tech 6 (same as DOOM 2016).

User is offline   Jolteon 

This looks really cool. I really did like TNO, I thought it was good. I do look foward to TNC! :P

User is offline   ---- 

View PostDukeNukem64, on 12 June 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

If I buy you a CD from Denmark, and give it to you in Germany, can you play it then?
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but i have no idea how this works.

It depends on how they implement it.

First of all it is totally legal to import it (if you do it for yourself, not for selling it comercially). If the publisher then decides to check your geographic location on startup they can block it then. But usually there are uncut-patches out within hours.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 12 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

I guess I can get you a few copies if you'd like. My german friends. :P

User is offline   ---- 

View PostDukeNukem64, on 12 June 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

I guess I can get you a few copies if you'd like. My german friends. :P

Thanks.
In most cases Steam Trading works fine (don't know if it is disabled for Wolf 2, though).
I usually offer a game of similar volume if somebody buys me an uncut copy.

• The Truth is in here

I'm afraid it's not that easy. I had already tried with a friend from Portugal buying TNO and gifting it to me. Didn't work because activation was not possible. Had to give it back to him in the end. You'd need to buy a non-German version, activate and launch (!) it while VPN is active. It's that aggressive. It's not impossible to play uncut Wolfenstein games on Steam, but it's quite a hassle. Using VPNs is also violating Steam regulations (I doubt they would ban you for that, though).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

I'm hoping for a arcade mode to play after finishing the campaing (avoiding the constant story interruption), but I don't think it'll happen.
Who knows, maybe they expand the challenges concept from The Old Blood and make it a bigger feature with more maps and stuff.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 11 June 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Looks good. I still have to finish New Order.

The bright side is you'll never experience the cliffhanger since you already saw the trailer for the sequel.

View Postfuegerstef, on 12 June 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

I wasn't neither. The gameplay was good, but I found the story to be a terrible mess that meandered aimlessly here and there but didn't manage to avoid the many plotholes on it's zig zag way.

Yeah, the secret jewish tech hidden just 'cause and some of the places make little sense but I don't care as long as the locations are interesting and good to look at, and of course, if the gameplay is fun.
And the gameplay is in fact fun but unfortunately the 'replayability' is low due to constant plot interruption with scripted moments.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostLkMax, on 12 June 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

.... the 'replayability' is low due to constant plot interruption with scripted moments.

... and the parts where you have to find a document that is located in room A, no, in room B, no, now it is in room C prevented me from replaying it again.

@NightFright:
Yeah, the geolocking/blocking is bad in this game.
But I found a 5 GB patch that simply needs to be applied to the German Version (even in Steam) and makes it the international version.

I played the game wihtout it because the only changes to the international version were that the Nazis were called the Regime and had a different symbol than a swastika which I didn't mind much.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 12 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

User is offline   axl 

Looks nice... I wasn't blow away with The New Order, but I thought it was pretty fun... The best Wolfenstein game, in my opinion, is still Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Anyway, I will probably play it, as there's just nothing as satisfying as killing nazi's :-)

This post has been edited by axl: 12 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

Some new details in this developer interview.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

The Collector's Edition is so good; I instantly pre ordered.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 12 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostHulkNukem, on 12 June 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

The Collector's Edition is so good; I instantly pre ordered.

Posted Image

No treats for people in EU. Once again left out :P

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I've not pawed through most of the E3 content. Maybe with one of the big announcements being 4K Minecraft (lulwut?) I wasn't what you'd call enthused.

Then I ran across this trailer and suddenly there is something to look forward to again!

More fighting robo-Nazis with ludicrously over-sized weapons in a past alternate universe? Shut up and pass me the enlistment form!!!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 12 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

• The Truth is in here

Regarding the geoblocking:
Actually, I don't even mind the removal of swastikas and the renaming of nazis to "The Regime" that much. What really annoys me is being denied to use the original English audio. You lose a lot of detail in the German version, e.g. Anya's Polish accent. In the TNC trailer, the black girl and the other Americans sound WAY better in the English version. With German dubbing, they basically all speak the same way which is unified and boring. Then again, you also have this problem with localized/dubbed TV series and movies.

View PostNightFright, on 13 June 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Regarding the geoblocking:
Actually, I don't even mind the removal of swastikas and the renaming of nazis to "The Regime" that much. What really annoys me is being denied to use the original English audio. You lose a lot of detail in the German version, e.g. Anya's Polish accent. In the TNC trailer, the black girl and the other Americans sound WAY better in the English version. With German dubbing, they basically all speak the same way which is unified and boring. Then again, you also have this problem with localized/dubbed TV series and movies.

Move to Switzerland, we get both versions here :P
Seriously though, I understand your plight. The release of TNO in Switzerland was even more fucked up in the sense that we do not have any laws regarding Nazi symbolism, but still got the censored version only. They later wisened up, but I had to resort to a friend gifting me the game during the first month of its release.
The worst part is indeed the language lock. It's absolutely mind-numbingly idiotic to just translate every single line of the game to German when you're supposed to meet English and Polish speaking people, whose culture is being driven out by Nazi German ideology, and whose language is being replaced by German. Everyone has to be able to say 'Sieg Heil', 'Danke' and words like that, for example. And in The Old Blood, the tension of the intro section is based entirely around the fact that BJ can't speak German properly, but has to infiltrate Castle Wolfenstein, and in the process, pass a Nazi Checkpoint disguised as an SS officer without being found out. When everything is localised to German, that little nuance is just completely destroyed.

Press who went hands-on really liked it.

User is offline   Dan 

Wolfenstein II? So does that mean The New Order wasn't a sequel then?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options