Duke4.net Forums: Cradle to Grave - Continued - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cradle to Grave - Continued  "Discussing the BLOOD-themed mod for eDuke32"

User is offline   btGrave 

TX, :P. I think you've catched what I'm trying to say.

User is offline   Hellbound 

Hey, that's looking great. And bloodsplats are very close to original. At first I thought that it's new map for Blood :P

Well, it was about old H. P. Lovecraft's story,"Herbert West – Reanimator” (there are 3 films also), Herbert West reanimated dead bodies. There are references in Blood to lovecraft's stories (river Miskatonic, etc.). So that was my point, even the name of project (reanimating Blood without sources) with the referecences to horror tales, in a good way which Blood was. Maybe it will be right (I mean grammar, etc) "Blood: Reanimating the corpse". And this link is about meaning of the word "revive".

This post has been edited by btGrave: 17 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

User is offline   Dimebog 

I'm actually a little shy to the idea of putting the word 'Blood' in the project name, but we might try it and keep it if it doesn't cause any problems.

View PostbtGrave, on May 17 2009, 10:19 AM, said:

and some odd thing about player's height.

I did a pixel-by-pixel comparison against a wall texture in an original map, and then the same map converted to eDuke, and the player height is almost perfect. It's the architecture in that 'test level' that might not have good proportion (because gravity mode in Mapster32 puts the camera much lower than it is supposed to be in game, which makes it harder to scale things).

This post has been edited by Dimebog: 17 May 2009 - 03:58 AM

It's the architecture in that 'test level' that might not have good proportion

Thanks for the answer. Yep, I've watched that video again and ran original "Blood". It seems like the architecture. I think you can use word "Blood" in the project name until you'll be earning money (I mean you will say that's your original work and you will be selling it), because it's a TC, distributing for free (but you can't use original "Blood" files without a licensed copy), not containing original 'Blood" materials such as art, code, etc.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options