Duke4.net Forums: What the hell is going on with Mass Effect: Andromeda? - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What the hell is going on with Mass Effect: Andromeda?  "This is gonna be a disaster!"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

And you're a HETEROPHOBE.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Posted Image

Without fear of sounding "prejudiced" here, but you have to take into consideration that Mass Effect is ultimately an RPG and heavily story-driven, and the public for these kinds of games is exactly like Manveer Heir, which is why they keep going after those people. They are the kind of people who believe that having one character from each ethnicity and sexual orientation is more important than good storytelling and pleasant aesthetics. Bad artists, in short. In other times, those people would be starving on the streets with such mentality and lack of artistic sense.

I had my "social justice" phase, but ultimately if you're a white, straight guy, there's no mixing with these people unless you're a huge bendover who says "yes" to everything. If you analyse their speech carefully, you'll see that they want equality but don't treat you as equal. To them, you're an enemy, and some even consider you a criminal. If you venture into those places, you'll learn very quickly that you're constantly under scrutiny and you absolutely CANNOT disagree with them, because they have the perfect excuse to make you look bad: they label you a racist, a sexist and a homophobe, and the media will side with them because the media is such pussies these days and they believe anyone who puts themselves in a situation of "vulnerability", however fake it actually is.

In essence, to them you're no different from a rapist or a murderer, because criminals when they leave jail are also under constant scrutiny, especially if the crimes they committed were particularly heinous.

It's reverse prejudice of the worst kind, and these people should never be allowed anywhere near positions of power in any country.

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 11 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

BioWare Montreal Downsized, Mass Effect Put On Ice For Now

Don't know if it is true or not, but apparently that's what a lot of sites are reporting.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 11 May 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Without fear of sounding "prejudiced" here, but you have to take into consideration that Mass Effect is ultimately an RPG and heavily story-driven, and the public for these kinds of games is exactly like Manveer Heir, which is why they keep going after those people. They are the kind of people who believe that having one character from each ethnicity and sexual orientation is more important than good storytelling and pleasant aesthetics. Bad artists, in short. In other times, those people would be starving on the streets with such mentality and lack of artistic sense.

I had my "social justice" phase, but ultimately if you're a white, straight guy, there's no mixing with these people unless you're a huge bendover who says "yes" to everything. If you analyse their speech carefully, you'll see that they want equality but don't treat you as equal. To them, you're an enemy, and some even consider you a criminal. If you venture into those places, you'll learn very quickly that you're constantly under scrutiny and you absolutely CANNOT disagree with them, because they have the perfect excuse to make you look bad: they label you a racist, a sexist and a homophobe, and the media will side with them because the media is such pussies these days and they believe anyone who puts themselves in a situation of "vulnerability", however fake it actually is.

In essence, to them you're no different from a rapist or a murderer, because criminals when they leave jail are also under constant scrutiny, especially if the crimes they committed were particularly heinous.

It's reverse prejudice of the worst kind, and these people should never be allowed anywhere near positions of power in any country.

I'll back you up 100% on this bro. I live in Richmond VA, and no matter how bad California or NYC SJWs are Southern city SJWs are a million times worse because literally everyone is the daughter or son of a slaveowner according to these people. Their virtue signalling is a million times amplified in the places where there are people who don't think like them.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Kotaku: The Story Behind Mass Effect: Andromeda's Troubled Five-Year Development

In 2012, as work on Mass Effect 3 came to a close, a small group of top BioWare employees huddled to talk about the next entry in their epic sci-fi franchise. Their goal, they decided, was to make a game about exploration?one that would dig into the untapped potential of the first three games. Instead of visiting just a few planets, they said, what if you could explore hundreds?

Five years later, it?s hard to find anyone who?s happy with the results. Mass Effect: Andromeda, released in March 2017, disappointed even the biggest fans of BioWare?s longrunning series. The game was widely pilloried, with critics slamming its uneven writing, frequent bugs, and meme-worthy animations (although our own review was just lukewarm). The PS4 version of Andromeda has a 70% on Metacritic, lower than any BioWare game to date, including the ill-advised Sonic Chronicles.

Almost immediately, fans asked how this happened. Why was Andromeda so much worse than its predecessors? How could the revered RPG studio release such an underwhelming game? And, even if the problems were a little exaggerated by the internet?s strange passion for hating BioWare, how could Andromeda ship with so many animation issues?

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Ah, old good Sonic Chronicles.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 07 June 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

I'm surprised they did all that work to get this game and Inquisition over to the Frostbite engine, then complain that it was harder to work with than the Unreal Engine, that the trilogy was made with. Should have stuck with Unreal Engine 4. Least it's familiar to them.

I remember one of their developers a few years back was talking about how Unreal was slow to start off with. By the time ME2 and ME3 rolled out, they were creating more content with less issues than ME1, because they were more familiar with the engine than when they started.

Hey, if it's not broken, don't fix it?

This post has been edited by Jeff: 16 June 2017 - 03:08 AM

View PostJeff, on 16 June 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

I'm surprised they did all that work to get this game and Inquisition over to the Frostbite engine, then complain that it was harder to work with than the Unreal Engine, that the trilogy was made with. Should have stuck with Unreal Engine 4. Least it's familiar to them.

I remember one of their developers a few years back was talking about how Unreal was slow to start off with. By the time ME2 and ME3 rolled out, they were creating more content with less issues than ME1, because they were more familiar with the engine than when they started.

Hey, if it's not broken, don't fix it?

Didn't EA push them to do it because Frostbite is from DICE and thus they'd keep all resources in-house? Even Need For Speed was moved to Frostbite, but that made way more sense since Battlefield uses land vehicles.

At least, that's the impression I got.

Off-topic: When it comes to Need For Speed, Frostbite was a lot better than the engine Criterion was using. The handling in Frostbite-powered games was much more satisfying than the stuff Criterion carried over from Burnout Paradise.

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 16 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

User is online   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Yes, it was mandated by corporate that all games use Frostbite with the exception of misc ports here and there.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options