Duke4.net Forums: What the hell is going on with Mass Effect: Andromeda? - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What the hell is going on with Mass Effect: Andromeda?  "This is gonna be a disaster!"

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

For this type of game, it would be better if the player were given the option of assigning the sexual orientations of the important characters at game start. It's supposed to be able to unfold in many possible ways, right? And it would make everyone happy. Except the people who are never happy, of course.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 March 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Except the people who are never happy, of course.

So, basically, everyone who would ever whine about any of this stuff? :blink:

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Eh, one thing that sucks is apparently they included enough characters of any given sexual orientation that you can do a variety of different romancing options and get an achievement for it even! ...Unless you play as a gay man. Then you get only two options and not achievements.

And that just kind of sucks for them, at least if they care about cheevos. Poor planning on the dev's part.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

This is the least worrying function of a game that I could ever have.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostMblackwell, on 21 March 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Eh, one thing that sucks is apparently they included enough characters of any given sexual orientation that you can do a variety of different romancing options and get an achievement for it even! ...Unless you play as a gay man. Then you get only two options and not achievements.

And that just kind of sucks for them, at least if they care about cheevos. Poor planning on the dev's part.

In the end, it's not like straight people have a lot of good options because most of the characters are really ugly. What are really good choices? Perhaps only Vetra and Cora. The former don't even have sex scene. And at least fujoshi got fuckable lesbian who also so happens to be Christian which makes the situation really hilarious (or she isn't?). So, looks like only fujoshi are lucky.

Still kinda surprising that they didn't turn Cora into complete lesbian as well, reminds me of Jack situation, it's like they wanted to piss off those whinny faggots even more, pretty sure Cora is also strong biotic and is treated as badass. But even more surprising thing is that she's probably the whitest person in the whole game and is also a blondie. Shame she has manjaw (although sometimes she looks a little bit better and it doesn't look too big), I have a thing for both punk and fit girls which means I'd still fuck her too if I bought the game, man, her ass is great and when you look at her back you don't even see her manjaw. Good thing streams exist.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 22 March 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

This is the least worrying function of a game that I could ever have.

What, you value something else over sexual orientation (and that of course means gay and gay only because fuck straight)? You're not true gamer. Where are your documents? Please, provide your gamer license.

Though honestly, it's already too late to worry about something really important, they fucked everything up beyond repair, they have to start all over again to make it good and they need good team, the only thing they really can fix is skin tone bug in character creation, unless it's a "feature".

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 22 March 2017 - 09:56 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

The hell is a fujoshi.

Believe me, you don't want to know.

But if seriously, I don't think I know an English term for it which sounds well. In Japan, it basically means females that love gay shit. Thought it would be safe to use the term, noticed that plenty of English-speakers commonly used it like that in YouTube comment sections and YouTube is pretty big place, so I decided to go for it.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Or, as it's the 21st century - Google.

User is offline   X-Vector 

The UI in this game seems rather terrible; both ugly and convoluted.
For some reason we went from

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

to

Posted Image

I generally enjoy a bit of rummaging around in menus and options and depth are welcome, but this is just messy.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMblackwell, on 21 March 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

No surprise. SJW types hate gay men as much as they hate straight men or white men.

• Evil Overlord

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hahahaha wow fuck that apologetic shill. They fucked up. It's indefensible. As Jim Sterling said, it looks objectively worse than Mass Effect 1.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 24 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

Too bad some shitty excuses can't bring them more sales, no matter how hard they're trying.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 24 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

So what he's saying is we're all wrong to point out how objectively bad (his admission) the work is?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 24 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

The best part is that he expect people to buy into his bullshit and buy this shitty game as well.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 24 March 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

So what he's saying is we're all wrong to point how objectively bad (his admission) the work is?

I don't see where you get that notion from.
He's arguing against targeting individuals, rather than criticising the work as a whole.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostX-Vector, on 24 March 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

I don't see where you get that notion from.
He's arguing against targeting individuals, rather than criticising the work as a whole.

That constituted only the first couple tweets. The rest of it was defending their work because they didn't have enough time and used a flawed algorithm for what they couldn't get to manually. As if that's a good reason not to criticize it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 24 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

• Polymancer

If you actually read it, it's not an apology, so much as admitting that it was a trainwreck and trying to explain how it came about. What he seems to be saying is that somebody decided to use 'out of the box' options and auto-everything for the facial animations. As every digital artist knows, default settings are something to use as a base, and not to be relied on for any kind of final work.

One thing he says is that they had a 5 year dev cycle for the game. So, in 5 years, nobody spotted that the animations were a train wreck and went in and fixed it?

Targeting game devs personally is really bad as it won't be criticism, but people will - guaranteed - fly off the handle and behave like assholes. We've all had enough of gamers looking like overly-entitled, angry, basement-dwelling, woman hating, 14 year old psycopaths. Saying that, the blame for this should lie with the animators art director and the company director, who should have seen what was going on over the span of half a decade and stepped in to put the ship back on course.

At the end of the day, though you guys all seem to be on this gamergate thing, I think it's much more likely that the whole thing is the result of incompetence and stupidity, not any SJW/gay/lesbian/feminist agenda.

User is offline   Loke 

• The Sarien Encounter

I never said anything about SJWs..

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostLoke, on 26 March 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

There it is

• Evil Overlord

View PostJimmy, on 24 March 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Hahahaha wow fuck that apologetic shill. They fucked up. It's indefensible. As Jim Sterling said, it looks objectively worse than Mass Effect 1.

Eh? It's an animator from Naughty Dog who worked on Uncharted 4, and previously worked on past ME games, DA, etc. He does NOT work for EA/Bioware at this time. He's just describing the tools, not excusing the shipped product. People were wondering how the animation could be so bad, and he's just giving a bit of a behind the scenes peek on How Stuff Works.

And yes, hand animating everything in a very large game that took 5 years to get close to a shippable state isn't really feasible, and he's saying the company probably didn't take into account the volume of work. Given what we know about senior staff turnover that's completely believable. Inexperienced people underestimate a task and do a shitty job.

Spoiler

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostHulkNukem, on 26 March 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

There it is

Shit, I had to watch this before bed. A shame I really wanted to pull the trigger on Andromeda early on.

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 26 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMblackwell, on 26 March 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

Eh? It's an animator from Naughty Dog who worked on Uncharted 4, and previously worked on past ME games, DA, etc. He does NOT work for EA/Bioware at this time. He's just describing the tools, not excusing the shipped product. People were wondering how the animation could be so bad, and he's just giving a bit of a behind the scenes peek on How Stuff Works.

And yes, hand animating everything in a very large game that took 5 years to get close to a shippable state isn't really feasible, and he's saying the company probably didn't take into account the volume of work. Given what we know about senior staff turnover that's completely believable. Inexperienced people underestimate a task and do a shitty job.

Spoiler

Who said he worked for EA? He's being an apologist. Fuck off dude.

• Polymancer

Read it. He isn't.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Visual glitches aside, how's the gameplay?

People are saying it's terrible. Everything now is about Vanguard, the rest classes are shit which is disappointing and I'm saying it as someone who love to play Vanguard. Bullet sponge enemies make it even worse. ME3 had it the best it seems. And right, multiplayer has microtransactions. If you want gameplay, get yourself the third game and play multiplayer which is the best part of this game.

View PostTea Monster, on 26 March 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

I think it's much more likely that the whole thing is the result of incompetence and stupidity, not any SJW/gay/lesbian/feminist agenda.

There is more here than just simple incompetence and stupidity though. Come on, you don't seriously believe that developers, who had $40 millions budget and who work for one of the biggest publisher in this industry, did this by an accident just because of incompetence or stupidity? They even shoved down everyone throats leftists propaganda which makes it clear that they're leftists. Their Indian designer is so insane he screams about how much he hates whites and he was supported by Bioware higher ups, someone should post that screenshot where he said that his higher ups approved his words. I shouldn't even mention that woman who "worked on" facial animations and who also proudly hate white males.

No one in their minds would let it happen, it's not like Bioware work in their safe space where no one is checking on their progress. This is beyond ridiculous how they allowed it to be released, only absolutely blind person wouldn't notice how terrible this shit is, I would like to see a face of the guy who approved everything what they did. This is just unbelievable, I don't think I saw even bigger trainwreck on the level of Andromeda, it has a lot of chances to beat E.T. which was so shit it actually killed gaming industry before. I wonder, when E.T. went on sale and how huge discount was? I didn't even believe at first that Andromeda had $40 million budget.

It would be hilarious if they just fucked with investors and took all the money for themselves while hired some cheap as fuck nobodies from Tumblr to make the game which also explains the absurd amount of leftists crap in the game and I bet that's what really happened. Does something like that happens in America? Seeing how corrupt the country is I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what they did.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 27 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

• Polymancer

This is small beer compared to the fiasco of Biblical proportions that was Aliens: Colonial Marines. This shit happens in the industry all the time. Look at what happened to Human Head and Prey 2. Money does NOT equal intelligence or responsibility.

I doubt Aliens:CM had as big budget and honestly I'd rather pre-order ten copies of it if I had a choice between that or getting at least one Andromeda copy, though fuck this game regardless, when I found out what it was supposed to be I really hated it with a passion. Plus, Gearbox isn't as big and as popular as current Bioware which I hope will burn to the ground. And we all know what happened with Human Head, but at least they escaped from ZeniMax slavery (and they weren't the only victim, Call of Cthulhu developers are feeding worms thanks to them, for example). Human Head was pretty lucky even though it costed them a lot.

In all the cases you mentioned greedy publishers had their goals in the end and I'm sure that Andromeda isn't an exception. Not a single thing you mentioned was an accident.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options