Duke4.net Forums: New Duke Nukem Forever Beta screenshot? Fake? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Duke Nukem Forever Beta screenshot? Fake?  "Hello all, I've happened upon this curious image"

User is offline   Duke4Beta 

Hello all!

I've bought an old computer on Ebay with a working windows install and happened upon several archives labled D.7z, but they are all password protected.

The only image besides the standard windows wallpapers was this one, any one good at cracking 7z files? Would this be illegal? Doesn't this look a bit like 2003 beta Duke Nukem Forever? It looks like the humble beginnings of a level.

I'm very fascinated by this discovery!

EDIT : Here we go.

http://imgur.com/a/zM7Yu

This post has been edited by Duke4Beta: 05 December 2016 - 05:27 PM

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Use Imgur

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 05 December 2016 - 05:27 PM

View PostHiPolyBash, on 05 December 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

Use Imgur

Got it!

I sent you a message. I may be able to help you uncover exactly what it is you've found.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Do you have any points of reference to be able to claim that the image is DNF 2003 of all things? It looks like a fairly generic test/tech demo environment.

I don't think there is any trick for cracking the encryption of 7z files like there is for pkcrypto. Good luck bruteforcing that.

Your story is incredibly suspicious.

Hey, I'm not trying to fool anyone besides maybe my 13 year old self who really wants to see old duke builds. I went into another folder, and it seems this was a project with the DNF assets.

I've uploaded more files.

Sorry for the anticipation. Should I still upload the 7zip files? I'm having an internal debate with myself here.

http://imgur.com/sqxoT5K

http://imgur.com/dw0Va7E

http://imgur.com/CPTSEji

This post has been edited by Duke4Beta: 05 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

Guess I posted a little too fast, sorry for the excitement and disappointment this may have generated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Duke4Beta: 05 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

How bizarre and fascinating; its using the Gearbox Duke and EDF model, and that Nuke symbol looks like the one from the 3DRealms offices
The "Lighting needs to be rebuilt" error is from UE4; are these not just some fan mockups or something and not actual 3DRealms shots?

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 05 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

• Weaponized Autism

So far, all this proves is that someone ripped models from DNF and imported them into UE.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Even if it just uses DNF assets, I'm curious to know how old the files are, and why the person who sold it kept it on the computer knowing it was being sold to someone else. Maybe they never released the project but didn't want to get rid of it, but that is so strange and crazy that a Duke fan bought a computer from another Duke fan through eBay, lol.

This post has been edited by Tristan: 05 December 2016 - 08:32 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks like Gearbox's Duke model to me...

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostTristan, on 05 December 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

but that is so strange and crazy that a Duke fan bought a computer from another Duke fan through eBay, lol.

Yeah, what a coincidence! :mellow:

I'm sure a very quick and easy post from Wieder could put and end to all this speculation... :)

As from me, I'm approaching this one with extreme incredulity. I honestly can't see why any area of DNF would look like that circa 2003. Or any given time, for that matter.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Well, this is fucking retarded.

User is offline   Shawneth 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 05 December 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

Well, this is fucking retarded.

No. This is real and authentic. You can tell because 3D Realms got an early 2003 build of the Unreal Engine 4, 11 years before its release.

Leave the dude alone. He just found something and wanted to know more and share it.

View PostHiPolyBash, on 06 December 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

Leave the dude alone. He just found something and wanted to know more and share it.

We have no proof that he didn't just put all this together in UE4 and make up a story to try and authenticate it.

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 06 December 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

We have no proof that he didn't just put all this together in UE4 and make up a story to try and authenticate it.

Who the fuck cares if he did? You guys seem to be blowing this way out of proportion. Btw Duke4Beta welcome to the forums :lol:.

• Weaponized Autism

View Posticecoldduke, on 07 December 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Who the fuck cares if he did? You guys seem to be blowing this way out of proportion. Btw Duke4Beta welcome to the forums :lol:.

A dishonest ploy for attention is not something that should be tolerated.

That said, we are operating on lack of proof, not negative proof. Duke4Beta, please feel free to post more if you are indeed legit.

• Judge Mental

View PostHendricks266, on 07 December 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

A dishonest ploy for attention is not something that should be tolerated.

That said, we are operating on lack of proof, not negative proof. Duke4Beta, please feel free to post more if you are indeed legit.

Simple gut instinct. Fishy story, convenient bullshit. Dude just wants attention. I'd put money on it.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

ooh mein gott betaaaass :lol:
Posted Image

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 December 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

Simple gut instinct. Fishy story, convenient bullshit. Dude just wants attention. I'd put money on it.

As a result of the duke beta project coming to a grinding halt, this type of shit will happen. I feel people are getting way to emotional over this. Call it fake and move on. The guy might be dishonest fuck, but who knows, he might go back into UE4 or hopefully Build, try and make something that looks more legit, and maybe he releases it and its actually fun to play.

• Judge Mental

View Posticecoldduke, on 08 December 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

As a result of the duke beta project coming to a grinding halt, this type of shit will happen. I feel people are getting way to emotional over this. Call it fake and move on. The guy might be dishonest fuck, but who knows, he might go back into UE4 or hopefully Build, try and make something that looks more legit, and maybe he releases it and its actually fun to play.

Maybe mind fucking and deception is a shoulder-shrugging type of thing to you, but I've personally been mind-fucked one too many times in my life to not have any reaction that isn't thermo-goddamn-nuclear.

• The Sarien Encounter

View Posticecoldduke, on 08 December 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

None of that means anything until it happens.

User is offline   Hank 

Hello Duke4Beta. Welcome to the forum.

My usual comment is: It is a hard place to hang out. Some have kids on their own and, ehm, are accustomed to wild stories, others have professional talents, others have deep knowledge and others simply come here for the fun of it.

Best wishes.

This post has been edited by Hank: 08 December 2016 - 10:24 AM

View PostDuke4Beta, on 05 December 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Guess I posted a little too fast, sorry for the excitement and disappointment this may have generated.

Posted Image

At best it's a mod the former computer owner was working on or had sent to them.

This post has been edited by ErgoTheChappy: 09 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

^ Likely.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's obviously a real beta because the dude's name is Duke4Beta. That can't be a coincidence.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 09 December 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

It's obviously a real beta because the dude's name is Duke4Beta. That can't be a coincidence.

duke4 forum > duke4beta name > duke FOURever beta leak

Spoiler

:lol:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Duke4Beta: 15 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options