Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour  "Randy hinted at something for December 1st"

I just want Duke playable in Shadow Warrior 2. Let my dreams come true.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 01 December 2016 - 03:10 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

How would that work though? They'd have to give Duke some pretty powerful guns as it'd be difficult to justify him being pro with a samurai sword or having magic powers.

When is the announcement? We are 12 hours into the 1st in Europe :mellow:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDukeNukem64, on 01 December 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

When is the announcement? We are 12 hours into the 1st in Europe :mellow:

Message me when you get to 22.

#downunda

User is online   Lunick 

This is clearly going to happen during The Game Awards which is still about 13-14 hours off

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It would be at 3 AM German time for example. Definitely not going to be conscious when it's kicking off... xD

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Don't hype yourselves up fellas, i'm telling ya.

Seriously, if it was anything even remotely worth getting excited about, someone would have murmuered sooner. We'd have some idea of what it was gonna be. It's going to be a glorified cameo, and frankly... Don't care!

When they put Duke in a new AAA game as the lead character, then... THEN I will get excited.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

TBH I expect an appearance in Bulletstorm or something, not a full-featured new release. I have stopped expecting too much and then get disappointed.

User is online   Lunick 

It will probably be something silly like if you own World Tour, you get a Duke Nukem skin in Bulletstorm Remastered

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

There is a huge amount of nostalgic goodwill towards Duke Nukem in both the public and professional gaming scene. Someone just needs to apply the care and talent towards a decent game. It's not technically difficult, but nobody has managed to get it right since 1996.

View PostMicky C, on 01 December 2016 - 03:37 AM, said:

Message me when you get to 22.

#downunda

Starts at 1pm (Australian East coast time) Working holiday here!

View PostMicky C, on 01 December 2016 - 03:20 AM, said:

How would that work though? They'd have to give Duke some pretty powerful guns as it'd be difficult to justify him being pro with a samurai sword or having magic powers.

Nonsense! Duke has always been a chi master, how else would you explain this?

:mellow:

User is offline   Kawa 

In my headcanon, Duke trained under Lo Wang but all he took from it was a solid kick and a sexist sense of humor.

User is offline   Shawneth 

Imagine a non-buggy release of LameDuke. That would be something else.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Sneak preview of the new Duke

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: newduke.png

User is offline   HMNuke93 

View Postoasiz, on 01 December 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

Sneak preview of the new Duke

Dat incinerator in the background :mellow:

This post has been edited by HMNuke93: 01 December 2016 - 09:28 AM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

I expect this dialogue beetween Lo Wang and Duke Nukem :

LO WANG : Hmm, must be amercian made !

DUKE NUKEM ; At least we don't put gremlins in our machines, and as Beetlejuice would say : "Nice Fucking Model *HONK HONK*" !

View PostLunick, on 01 December 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

It will probably be something silly like if you own World Tour, you get a Duke Nukem skin in Bulletstorm Remastered

But if that were the case, why would Gearbox fly Jon out to Texas to record new lines? Knowing Gearbox, they would just reuse old lines if he even would have any dialogue to begin with. A skin wouldn't require new lines from Jon St. John

User is offline   LkMax 

Me looking at people getting excited about a new gearbox announcement:

Posted Image

View PostCommando Nukem, on 01 December 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

It's going to be a glorified cameo, and frankly... Don't care! When they put Duke in a new AAA game as the lead character, then... THEN I will get excited.

Maybe I've got too cynical but not even for that I would get excited... curious, sure, but not excited.

PS: I've moved on, and everyone should do the same. Duke is dead, be happy we still have mods.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 01 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostNancsi, on 30 November 2016 - 11:06 PM, said:

Greatest NO I've read this year. Glad it's not a crossover BS.

It can still be a crossover thing; it just won't be a crossover with Gears of War.
It could still be a Bulletstorm thing; hell, if they remaster Bulletstorm and add a new episode/mini campaign that has Duke as a character, I actually wouldn't mind it. If he is just some multiplayer character or a Borderlands class or something, I would be much less happy.

I think it would be pretty cool to have Jon voicing Duke interacting with the guy who voices Wolverine, it sounds great!

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 01 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

That actually does sound good. I never played the game with the unfortunate initials, but I heard it was fun.

Oh, no level editor was released for the original, so don't get your hopes up on that angle.

User is offline   Dacoolguy 

It is always amazing to witness the power of time and just how weak the collective memory truly is.
To think that anybody is even remotely excited by what randy pitchford had to say, after being shown black on white in multiple games just how big of a liar and a con artist he truly is, is very sad.
A person like him does not even deserve to be left in one piece when met face to face, let alone have him say things and any of us be naive enough to look in his mouth.

This post has been edited by Dacoolguy: 02 December 2016 - 05:09 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Nothing happened. Must have been a typo. Its actually coming on the 11th.

Put your wieners away till then.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 01 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

The game awards start in a little over an hour. My brains expectations are low but apparently my penis is on acid thinking unrealistically that Gearbox might actually show something off not terrible.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 01 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

Yep, starts in an hour 20 minutes
You can stream it here:

User is offline   Matthew 

View PostDacoolguy, on 01 December 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

It is always amazing to witness the power of time and just how weak the collective memory truly is.
To think than anybody is even remotely excited by what randy pitchford had to say, after being shown black on white in multiple games just how big of a liar and a con artist he truly is, is very sad.
A person like him does not even deserve to be left in one piece when met face to face, let alone have him say things and any of us be naive enough to look in his mouth.

This, all the way. I'm sure he's an okay guy to his friends and family, but he has already proven himself a lair with A:CM. It's just a shame the industry allows petulant weasels like Randy to remain having a job.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Randy Pitchford:

I know different people are hoping for or expecting different kinds of announcements from us. This is not those things, but cool.

inb4 Duke Nukem Go the mobile game

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 01 December 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

OK.. I had enough for this idiot. :) make a fucking, playable game, or change your profession to a class clown :mellow: I may even pay for a good laugh :D

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

It would be hilarious if it actually turned out to be Duke in Battleborn.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options