Duke4.net Forums: Which DukeMod re-enables Enemy Hitsounds? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which DukeMod re-enables Enemy Hitsounds?

User is offline   Maverick 

HI,

as written in Title. Which Mod adds the Enemy Hitsounds again? As most may know, 3drealms removed that with Atomic Edition.

Which TCP Server/Client would be recommended? All 3 Pages for YANG, Dukeconntor, Dukenet Pages are hosted on sitesled.com and are down since several days. Ive found a modified YANG Version (meltdown) but seems that at least Eduke32 isnt supported since it seems that it doesnt have Network Support.

Just in case that the question may come up: I would prefer the Game as orginal as possible to 1.3d and i think i dont need to say that the Enemy Hitsounds are important (at least to me!).

Thx!

?dit: YANG has a temp Mirror as stated in this Thread/Post.

This post has been edited by Maverick: 14 May 2009 - 02:03 AM

Got YANG and Eduke32 working *yay*

Good thing: Enemy Sounds are avaible :P

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMaverick, on May 14 2009, 05:22 AM, said:

Got YANG and Eduke32 working *yay*

Good thing: Enemy Sounds are avaible :P

So you realized that the enemy pain sounds were never removed? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

View PostDeeperThought, on May 14 2009, 07:30 AM, said:

So you realized that the enemy pain sounds were never removed? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

They were removed for Multiplayer Mode in 1.5, even warp Bugs got fixed by increasing the Sectorsize inside the Map itself? That was one of the reason why most real Dukers were playing with 1.3d.

This post has been edited by Maverick: 14 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMaverick, on May 14 2009, 09:23 AM, said:

That was one of the reason why most real Dukers were playing with 1.3d.

Yeah, they WERE. Long, long ago, before there were source ports. Those using 1.3d now are just playing with themselves.

User is offline   supergoofy 

@Maverick are you sure that you have the DUKE3D.GRP and DUKE.RTS from the original Atomic Edition v1.5 CD ?

Better grab these files again from your original CD.

FILE: DUKE3D.GRP (Atomic Edition v1.5)
SIZE: 42,3 MB (44.356.548 bytes)
MD5: 22B6938FE767E5CC57D1FE13080CD522

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 14 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

User is offline   SwissCm 

This thread is incredibly important and is easily one of the most interesting topics on the forum.

View PostDeeperThought, on May 14 2009, 10:47 AM, said:

Yeah, they WERE. Long, long ago, before there were source ports. Those using 1.3d now are just playing with themselves.

Well, thats why i asked which Mod re-enables them. My first "Lan" test was with Rancient Mod, Enemy Hitsounds didnt worked and i thought i make this Thread because i didnt found a Mirror for Yang and i didnt got it working with other Network Launcher :S

View Postsupergoofy, on May 14 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

@Maverick are you sure that you have the DUKE3D.GRP and DUKE.RTS from the original Atomic Edition v1.5 CD ?

I have only 1.3d. But friend sent me 1.5 to test and i can confirm that Enemy Hitsounds work with 1.3d and 1.5 together with Eduke32 and/or xDuke. The only thing which doesnt work at the moment is the RTS Files from 1.3d. 1.5 work too. (and yes, i know that the Source was from 1.5 but this doesnt actually mean anything at all).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options