Duke4.net Forums: Titanfall 2 is Amazing! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Titanfall 2 is Amazing!

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Now I have three games on Origin: Syndicate, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2 ;)

I think this game deserves it's own thread. I enjoyed the first game, but wasn't particularly looking forward to the sequel. At launch, my buddies thought it was ace so I figured it wouldn't hurt o see what Respawn could do with a campaign, since it's been 7 years since the founders released Modern Warfare 2. I didn't expect it to be the best campaign I've played in years. This is a game with zero fat. My only complaint is that I want more! Titanfall 2 is a superb feeling shooter, and I feel like every single level brought something new and unexpected to the table. I just loved every minute of it, despite honestly not giving a shit about the story or universe.

So many completely unexpected, clever ideas with such variety that nothing over stays it's welcome. They're executed well, too. There's stuff I've never seen in a shooter before, and all that in addition to what the first Titanfall was known for - the best god damned locomotion and player mobility in FPS history, and guns which just feel ridiculously fun to use. And then there's the titan combat too, of course, and the campaign delivers some truly great titan combat sequences.

I just loved this thing. If you're not interested in multiplayer at all, I would still recommend checking out. No rush or anything, but keep it in mind if you ever get the hankering for a Shogo reboot with Valve-level polish.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Bonus: The saddest moment of TF2.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

What I played of the beta that came out a month or so ago I really enjoyed. I don't like the CoD style of gameplay, but I still enjoyed it in this game.
Waiting for a price drop to jump in; by then, I'm hoping their survival mode from the first game is remade.

View PostHulkNukem, on 03 November 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

What I played of the beta that came out a month or so ago I really enjoyed. I don't like the CoD style of gameplay, but I still enjoyed it in this game.
Waiting for a price drop to jump in; by then, I'm hoping their survival mode from the first game is remade.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it when you get around to checking out the campaign. One thing that I found really refreshing is that it feels like the game is balanced between 60% combat and 40% puzzles and environment navigation across both on-foot and the titan scenarios. The boss fights are really enjoyable, too. The worst thing is the 3rd person cutaway for execution animations, but since you have to hold down melee to start them, I managed to opt out of most of them.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 03 November 2016 - 12:08 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I haven't heard anything specific, but I'm hearing/reading that the campaign is actually pretty outstanding, even if its real short.
Whenever I get around to it, I'll definitely post my impressions.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I wonder if EA killed the game on purpose. Not only it had shitty marketing, it was released close to Battlefield 1 and CoD releases (and I bet my money they still advertise both of these pieces of shit). Plus, I believe developers were forced to release it at this time. Smells like sabotage. The worst part is that it's Origin exclusive, it would perform better even without insane marketing campaign if it was on Steam. Respawn are out of their minds, I mean why would anyone trust EA nowadays?

Anyway, the game needs more mech. But at least there is no season pass or microtransactions.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 06 November 2016 - 06:34 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

First, COD is published by Activision, not EA. Second, my gess would be EA wanted to have two games competing against COD to try and take a bigger bite of their market share.

I'm aware of that. However, it's irrelevant who publish a game when you want to sabotage your own. On top of that, EA also doesn't own Respawn or Titanfall (otherwise the game likely would be full of microtransactions with season pass for insane price and no singleplayer). Besides, no sane person would release two games of the same genre at the same time, especially with no ads for one of them, it can cost a lot of money unless these games have common budget which isn't huge and we're talking about AAA games. It's like if Bethesda released brand new FO game with brand new TES game at the same time or if R* released new GTA with new Red Dead game. Would you waste your 60 bucks for each day one if you were a fan of open world games (not fanboy, just a casual fan) or you would buy only one and wait for sale to get another one?

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 06 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

Damn, Titanfall 2 is already on sale over at Origin (you get a further discount if you use the code TITAN20). Game definitely deserved better. :mellow:

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 21 November 2016 - 10:10 PM

Next time they'll think before picking shit publishers who love to fuck with developers. Unless they die of course.

Two fantastic analysis videos on Titanfall 2's best-in-class player movement system.

Totally didn't see this coming:

EA to Acquire Respawn Entertainment

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today an agreement to acquire Respawn Entertainment, LLC, a leading independent game development studio and creators of AAA shooter and action games including the critically-acclaimed Titanfall™ franchise. Respawn brings to EA the proven leadership and studio talent behind Titanfall and Titanfall 2, two of the most highly-rated shooter titles in the last five years. The acquisition builds on a successful publishing partnership between Respawn and EA, with multiple projects currently in development – a new title in the Titanfall franchise, a game set in the Star Wars™ universe and a VR gaming experience.

“We’ve seen firsthand the world-class caliber of Respawn as a development studio with incredible vision, deep talent and an inspiring creative mindset,” said Andrew Wilson, CEO of Electronic Arts. “Our longtime partnership is grounded in a shared desire to push the boundaries and deliver extraordinary and innovative new experiences for players around the world. Together, we’ve brought this to life in the Titanfall franchise, and now with the Respawn team joining EA, we have exciting plans to accomplish even more amazing things in the future.”

“We started Respawn with the goal to create a studio with some of the best talent in the industry, and to be a top developer of innovative games,” said Vince Zampella, CEO of Respawn Entertainment. “We felt that now was the time to join an industry leader that brings the resources and support we need for long term success, while still keeping our culture and creative freedom. EA has been a great partner over the years with Titanfall and Titanfall 2, and we’re excited to combine our strengths. This is a great next step for Respawn, EA, and our players.”

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options