Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Spacetrap - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Spacetrap  "You are on bord the S.S. Lamancha as it's getting attacked."

User is offline   neoacix 

This is a short, but pretty hard map in space.
Duke is on Board of the S.S. Lamancha, a veteran amusement vessel from the EDF, as suddenly the ship gets attacked.
You have to find a way to get off the ship quickly, because it's turning into an inferno.

Download: http://intrinia.com/spacetrap.zip

Requirements: Atomic Edition

The map is made for vanilla Duke3D Atomic Edition, no mods or stuff required.

Have fun!

This post has been edited by neoacix: 30 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

User is offline   Shawneth 

Checking it out now. Love space maps!

update

That map was cheap in difficulty. Cool effects but has the same level of unfair as this. I like maps like this to be fully honest though. I thought this map was a troll right off the bat when you just die, but as you get in and learn the rules it's pretty interesting. Please make another like this ;)

This post has been edited by oporix: 30 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

Glad you had fun. ;)

Maybe I will make another map sometime, but for now I have other plans.

Btw, did you found the secret?

View Postneoacix, on 30 October 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

Btw, did you found the secret?

Yes I did, wish there was stuff in there though! hehehe

Well, it was a birthday goodie for a buddy. ;-)
And you found it without cheating? Because I thought it'll be pretty tricky to toggle it.
Spoiler

So, if you found it without cheating, congratulation! ;)

Uploaded Version 1.1

- fixed missing ambience sound in machine room
- fixed glitch with earthquake

How I am supposed to leave the metal crusher? I have dnclipped to see where I'm supposed to end, but there's no way out?

View PostCryptKiller, on 31 October 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

How I am supposed to leave the metal crusher? I have dnclipped to see where I'm supposed to end, but there's no way out?

Spoiler

Hope that helps.

User is offline   Sanek 

I'm sorry but I didn't like this map. It may sound harsh, but I actually hate it. Sorta
While I can apprecite some effort that was put into scrpited sequences, the actual gameplay is just horribe. When convenyor belt sucks you right into the space it's just becomes annoying. Most will probably stop the map at this point. My suggestion is to put more energy in mastering your skills than in the trailer you made.

You may not like it, but the idea of having a room which suck you into space due to a hull breach was one of the main ideas of this map.
Maybe I just should make them slower...

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Every user map needs a cool trailer to go along with it. Downloading, can't wait to play!

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Very impressive. Cramped at places, and some of the damage is almost unavoidable, but tons of cool ideas & action make up for it. The coolest bit was Pong of Steel, I even had to use mapaster to find out how you made that effect. Had tons of fun with the map!

Haha! Thx! Very appreciated. :mellow:

User is offline   Merlijn 

I thought this was a pretty cool and interesting level.
You did a nice job of creating the atmosphere of a ship under heavy attack. The dead bodies and pieces of debris around the ship were a nice touch.

The map has some rough edges (first part is very hard, some areas feel rushed etc.).
But overall a neat little space map that kept me on my toes throughout. Thanks!

Thanks for playing. ;-)
Glad you had fun.

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

This map made me mad, but in a good way.

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

Just played the map, and can say that mostly I like it! The first trap seemed unavoidable, and I used DNCLIP, but for the second I've realized the way to pass it.
Spoiler

Actually I found the secret (I knew there MUST be something!) but didn't realize the way to get there :D
4 enemies left unkilled, and I've no idea where were they. (I've played with fixed enemy counters, so it's not the con problem.)
Aslo I think the player should be given less ammo till the end, I personally like "escape" maps, when you should avoid enemies, lure them into traps, make them kill each other etc etc.
And the final question: When I came into the teleporter, pressed the button and got back thru right after, there were ammo & a medkit spawned on the table for no reason. Maybe it's supposed to be spawned with those PigCops on the way back after palyer have gotten the RPG?

It's been a while since I looked in this thread, so sorry for the late answer.

But again, thanks for playing and sharing your thoughts and feelings about this map!
It really makes me happy, considering the time I worked on this map I thought to my self: "What a waste of time, nobody probably will play and like it.". ;)
And seeing this map in the hot-list of msdn, with a pretty good rating and nice review, just made my day. :D

Jenz/Amaka said:

This map made me mad, but in a good way.

Hehe, the way it's meant to be. :D

View PostMere_Duke, on 16 January 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

Just played the map, and can say that mostly I like it! The first trap seemed unavoidable, and I used DNCLIP, but for the second I've realized the way to pass it.

Supposed with first trap you mean the actual begining of the map: It's pretty easy actually. There is literally only one way out. ;-)

Trivia:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hehe! Yeah, I thought it would look crap and would be to easy to spot if it was lighten up. ;-P But hey, there's steam comming out when opened! ;-)

Actually I found the secret (I knew there MUST be something!) but didn't realize the way to get there :D

It must be triggered with a switch. And guess where it is....

4 enemies left unkilled, and I've no idea where were they. (I've played with fixed enemy counters, so it's not the con problem.)

A lot of enemies must be triggered to spawn. Maybe you missed some... *cough* DNCLIP *cough*

Aslo I think the player should be given less ammo till the end, I personally like "escape" maps, when you should avoid enemies, lure them into traps, make them kill each other etc etc.

It thought it as a kind of compensation for the torture you have gone through. ;-)
If you get this far in this map, you have earned these waepons! xD

And the final question: When I came into the teleporter, pressed the button and got back thru right after, there were ammo & a medkit spawned on the table for no reason. Maybe it's supposed to be spawned with those PigCops on the way back after palyer have gotten the RPG?

I checked the map, and you're right. The switch triggers the waepon and enemy spawns. And yes, you should get the RPG first.
But I remeber having some problems with touchplates and then decided to make sure it will work an took the switch.

This post has been edited by neoacix: 24 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

View Postneoacix, on 24 January 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

Supposed with first trap you mean the actual begining of the map: It's pretty easy actually. There is literally only one way out. ;-)

Yeah I completely forgot Duke mechanics with this trap, forgot that
Spoiler
:P

Initially, the explotion of the room should be triggered by the enemy spaceship outside, which you can see doing a flyby while firering.
But this turned out to be to inaccurate to work. So I changed it to touchplates.

Hehe, I loaded the map and literally see this touchplate ;) And now have time to decide how to pick that Atomic Health.

It must be triggered with a switch. And guess where it is....

Spoiler

A lot of enemies must be triggered to spawn. Maybe you missed some... *cough* DNCLIP *cough*

Noooo :D I have used it once for the fist trap... Can you tell me the actual number of enemies (with those being spawned) so I can doublecheck if my counters are correct?

It really makes me happy, considering the time I worked on this map I thought to my self: "What a waste of time, nobody probably will play and like it.". :D
And seeing this map in the hot-list of msdn, with a pretty good rating and nice review, just made my day. :D

i personally will play your every future map plus I can playtest smth if you want :D

Fixed download link in first post.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options