Duke4.net Forums: DUKE NUKEM 3D PREQUEL MOD IN PROGRESS VISIT TO GET UPDATES - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DUKE NUKEM 3D PREQUEL MOD IN PROGRESS VISIT TO GET UPDATES  "Finding A Duke3D Mod Based Off The 1992 Duke Platformer"

User is offline   oldgamerz 

I am vary new to this site's forum and just have been accepted into posting a while ago, I was wondering if anyone ever created a mod for Duke Nukem 3D involving both Duke Nukum EP 1,2,& ,3 from the vary fist Duke game invented
as well as its platforming sequel Duke Nukem II.

First a little bit about me is that I have been playing Duke Nukem 3D ever since I was 11 years old.
I love the the high resolution past i first discovered Eduke32 in 2010, I made a few levels last year in Mapster32 but I never released them, and I don't still have them. this is my vary first post so go easy on me

WHOLE EPISODE DONE 8 LEVELS DONE THIS IS A DEMO MOD OF 8 LEVELS READY FOR PLAYING DON'T FORGET TO DELETE OLDER VERSION (7th level is possible yet challenging without cheats)

LEVELS ARE BASED OFF THIS STORY LINE

this is not going to be a mega mod only a map and slight USER CON make over

1: Duke is getting interviewed for his new book on live television in Los Angeles California called "Why I'm So Great" when aliens hover over the city looking for duke and then zap the building he is in, They
take him on their space ship, there he is interviewed by the first boss in level 8 of this episode. They first start talking to Duke and then threaten to torture him .before drop him to his cell on the space ship, then duke looks around himself and says I guess it's over. But then he reaches in his mouth and removes a explosive molar that the CIA game him in case of emergency back before he defeated Dr. Proton in the 1st game. Duke then uses the explosive molar tooth and than blows a big hole in the cell door and the ammo storage door. Duke must escape then he must kick their asses. before they kick his. <end>

Most of the levels are based on the 2D Platform's levels but not all because I had to make some more interesting.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by oldgamerz: 11 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Welcome to the forum.

There have been a few attempts at side-scroller Duke mods. I think one even incorporated some Duke Nukem 2 textures, but they never went very far. As far as I'm aware no one has done anything regarding the story from the first game.

View PostMicky C, on 29 October 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Welcome to the forum.

There have been a few attempts at side-scroller Duke mods. I think one even incorporated some Duke Nukem 2 textures, but they never went very far. As far as I'm aware no one has done anything regarding the story from the first game.

I do have some modding experience with editing levels and hacked CON files, I suppose Duke Nukem II would not be so hard to have a remake of. DN2 after all Duke Nukem II starts off on an alien ship in a prison, and then escapes to find himself on an alien planet then he goes threough some alien city on the first episode but then in the second episode duke nukem drives an alien space craft after landing inside an active volcano, the story would be easy to make. although it would still take a team of developers to make. However on the fist one someone would have to change the aliens into robots instead in which would require extra programming. I am not that good at level building so it would take me forever to try to attempt this

DN2 has 4 episodes and DN1 has 3 episodes, it would be vary cool to own the first story and the 2nd sequel in 3DPosted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You'd be surprised how quickly you can make maps in mapster32 once you have a bit of practice. That's one of the advantages over modding for newer games. There's an episode, Metropolitan Mayhem, where each map was built in less than 24 hours (not sure if that means actually 24 hours, or within the span of a single day, either way it's impressive), but you wouldn't know from playing the maps.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Welcome!

I don't remember seeing anything like that, which is strange. I thought someone would have attempted that by now.

I am starting to work on Duke Nukem II but as far as coding goes all I know how to do is make episodes by editing the con files here is my first level designed last night

UPDATES WILL COME IN NOW 2 LEVELS ARE MADE AND RESEMBLE SOMEWHAT OF THE DUKE 3D PREQUEL DUKE NUKEM II

This post has been edited by oldgamerz: 01 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

User is offline   MotM 

oldgamerz, I've started modding since recently too. I think reimagining the prequels is a cool idea ;)

Perhaps this may be useful to expand your project if you're up for it:

https://www.spriters...m2/sheet/24222/

https://www.spriters...m2/sheet/24156/

This post has been edited by MotM: 30 October 2016 - 03:37 PM

OK dukers all those who have download the demos (FULL 8 LEVEL EPISODE 1 NOW FOR DOWNLOAD)

this is not a easy task because duke nukem iI is a platformer and I am trying to make the levels similar but not too similar to the 2D versions and I am only a beginner at modding so the NOW 8 level mod is done please report all bugs. I've tested the mod on my end and it looks good

PLEASE ADD YOUR GRIP FILE AND A COPY OF EDUKE32 FOR PLAYING AFTER YOU EXTRACT THE FOLDER TO YOUR HARDDRIVE

This post has been edited by oldgamerz: 11 November 2016 - 12:03 AM

View PostMotM, on 30 October 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

oldgamerz, I've started modding since recently too. I think reimagining the prequels is a cool idea :mellow:

Perhaps this may be useful to expand your project if you're up for it:

https://www.spriters...m2/sheet/24222/

https://www.spriters...m2/sheet/24156/

thanks for the help but I planing on just using the textures in the atomic edition grip because I think they will fit well with the HRP thank you sorry for the late responce and thank you for all your suggestionsPosted Image

This post has been edited by oldgamerz: 11 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

stay tuned in for Episode 2 it is coming soon I only have 4 more levels to do and my maps are getting better and better IMO

This post has been edited by oldgamerz: 13 November 2016 - 08:06 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options