Duke4.net Forums: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Red Dead Redemption 2  "also could technically be known as "Red Dead Revolver 3""

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Sounds epic, can't wait.

http://www.rockstarg...eadredemption2/

User is offline   Lunick 

No PC, no service.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

One of the most ridiculous names for a sequel/prequel/whatever the hell this turns into
I'm excited for it and will play the multiplayer with friends just like the original Redemption, but ugh that name.
I hope they also don't outright ignore Revolver again; and no, releasing a paid for add on pack that adds in Revolver's characters into multiplayer isn't enough.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 18 October 2016 - 06:42 AM

I'm looking forward to it, loved both the previous Red Dead games and GTA5 was especially great (granted different team), so Rockstar is on a roll for me lately.

User is offline   Loke 

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Shit looks nothing like trailer, should've named it teaser.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

User is offline   BestViking 

No actual gameplay so far, so I'm not getting my hopes up. It won't play smooth like that on the PS4 with that level of detail, that's for sure.
It will be a downgrade in fidelity and framerate.

Release date means nothing to me. I'm holding off to see if there will be a PC announcement later, like they do with GTA.

Hopefully, this one gets a PC release. The predecessor didn't. I played that on the PS3 and it ran very poorly. Luckily the writing was good, so that saved it for me.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Why isn't the first one on PC already? I just don't get Rockstar / Take Two: GTA 4 is absolute garbage on PC yet every time it's on sale it goes right to the top sellers list on Steam and GTA 5 is well, it's just there 99% of the time, no matter the price. RDR would sell a ton of copies.

I don't have a console so I tried playing RDR on PS Now and man, that low performance paired up with a streaming service is just a big no-no.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 02 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

User is offline   BestViking 

View PostZaxx, on 02 October 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Why isn't the first one on PC already? I just don't get Rockstar / Take Two: GTA 4 is absolute garbage on PC yet every time it's on sale it goes right to the top sellers list on Steam and GTA 5 is well, it's just there 99% of the time, no matter the price. RDR would sell a ton of copies.

I don't have a console so I tried playing RDR on PS Now and man, that low performance paired up with a streaming service is just a big no-no.

From what I heard, it's such a mess of code they gave up on trying to port it. Since PS-Now emulates PS3, you got to experience first hand what a choppy mess it is even on the native platform. It's really a shame because the concept is good and the story great.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I also heard that they lost source code.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Unsurprisingly, this looks so damn good! Rockstar's giving CD Projekt a run for their money!

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I really hope the heists from GTAV return but greatly expanded upon and also plenty more of them.

User is offline   Avoozl 

There was an older open-world Western game called Gun which released sometime in 2005 which could be considered the precursor to the RDR games.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I could never finish Red Dead Redemption after I realized that everything you do in the game besides the story is completely pointless, morality system does nothing noteworthy, plant gathering, animal hunting and bounty hunting is nothing more than a grind for money and any money you make for weapons is pretty much pointless since you get the weapons for free in missions, which really pissed me off at the beginning of the game when I grinded for money for the Winchester Repeater only to get it for free 2 missions later.
I can no longer get immersed in that game now because of stuff like that.

Luckily RDR2 seems to be addressing those issues, I just hope it's as in depth as it seems and the morality system for the gang's camp and the way the world reacts to you is actually noteworthy now, I don't wanna end up with max honor and high fame just to feel like everything is exactly the same as when I started the game.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 22 August 2018 - 09:48 PM

User is offline   NukeDukem 

View PostGrand Admiral Thrawn, on 21 August 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

There was an older open-world Western game called Gun which released sometime in 2005 which could be considered the precursor to the RDR games.

Great game and I thought Red Dead Revolver was really good too. I want to play the Call of Juarez games because I never played any of those. I can't wait for RDR2 though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options