Duke4.net Forums: [RE-RELEASE] ALEXGDM1 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RE-RELEASE] ALEXGDM1  "By Alex Gorshkov (RIP)"

User is offline   Sanek 

Maybe it's a little bit late, but I just discovered that Alexander Gorshkov passed away last year. ;)
He was a russian mapper, best known for a participation in the RCBP maps. He also made a dozen dukematch maps back in the late 90s.
One of his first maps, ALEXGDM1(1998) still stands out. It's a mall type of map (like E4L3), and it's a pretty big one (despite the title, it's also a single-player map). I think that the best way to remember him is to play this map again.

Download: http://dukeworld.duk...-e/alexgdm1.zip

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Is there a list of his maps anywhere? I can only seem to find the Russian Community Build Projects for his work.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I've never heard of the guy, but any time anyone who contributed to the Duke Nukem 3D community dies it's very unfortunate. I'm sure we've lost a lot of people over the years that we'll never even know about. Thanks for sharing this map with us!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostLunick, on 28 September 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Is there a list of his maps anywhere? I can only seem to find the Russian Community Build Projects for his work.

AlexGDM 1 thru 4. Participation in RCBP I & II is all I know about.

User is offline   Sanek 

Is there a list of his maps anywhere?

I remember he send me some of his older maps back in the RCBP days, but I can't remember the titles. But in memory they were average at best, i.e pretty amateur staff. Since his AlexGDM maps is the only ones that was mentioned in the txt files, I guess this is the only maps he wanted to be known by.

User is offline   Anvil 

Googled his name - he also made a map called AGStreet in 2009.

This post has been edited by Anvil: 29 September 2016 - 03:40 PM

User is offline   Polunka 

My condolences to his family (if he even had one). Very sad to hear about fellow Dukers' deaths (especially if they're of my nationality; this is the first time I've ever heard about a Russian mapper passing away... ...well, actually, the first time I've heard about a Duker's death whatsoever). Did you know him personally (or at least closely enough to know about his end)?

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostPolunka, on 01 October 2016 - 04:49 AM, said:

My condolences to his family (if he even had one). Very sad to hear about fellow Dukers' deaths (especially if they're of my nationality; this is the first time I've ever heard about a Russian mapper passing away... ...well, actually, the first time I've heard about a Duker's death whatsoever). Did you know him personally (or at least closely enough to know about his end)?

No. I first encountered him when he joined our russian community group (at the well-known social network ;) ) back in 2008. I never met him in real life, but we chat a lot while we worked on RCBP's. Somehow he don't visit our group very ofthen, and eventualy his profile was closed since 2012. I never cared about the guy, until replayed that map a week ago, and tried to connect him and his close friend had told me about his passing. I don't exactly find out what it was, but it seems like the heavy smoking was the reason.

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostSanek, on 01 October 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

No. I first encountered him when he joined our russian community group (at the well-known social network ;) ) back in 2008. I never met him in real life, but we chat a lot while we worked on RCBP's. Somehow he don't visit our group very ofthen, and eventualy his profile was closed since 2012. I never cared about the guy, until replayed that map a week ago, and tried to connect him and his close friend had told me about his passing. I don't exactly find out what it was, but it seems like the heavy smoking was the reason.

Okay.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options