Duke4.net Forums: [RE-RELEASE] ALEXGDM1 - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RE-RELEASE] ALEXGDM1  "By Alex Gorshkov (RIP)"

User is offline   Sanek 

Maybe it's a little bit late, but I just discovered that Alexander Gorshkov passed away last year. :(
He was a russian mapper, best known for a participation in the RCBP maps. He also made a dozen dukematch maps back in the late 90s.
One of his first maps, ALEXGDM1(1998) still stands out. It's a mall type of map (like E4L3), and it's a pretty big one (despite the title, it's also a single-player map). I think that the best way to remember him is to play this map again.

Download: http://dukeworld.duk...-e/alexgdm1.zip

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

• Snazzy Tazzy

Is there a list of his maps anywhere? I can only seem to find the Russian Community Build Projects for his work.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I've never heard of the guy, but any time anyone who contributed to the Duke Nukem 3D community dies it's very unfortunate. I'm sure we've lost a lot of people over the years that we'll never even know about. Thanks for sharing this map with us!

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!

User is online   Forge 

View PostLunick, on 28 September 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Is there a list of his maps anywhere? I can only seem to find the Russian Community Build Projects for his work.

AlexGDM 1 thru 4. Participation in RCBP I & II is all I know about.

User is offline   Sanek 

Is there a list of his maps anywhere?

I remember he send me some of his older maps back in the RCBP days, but I can't remember the titles. But in memory they were average at best, i.e pretty amateur staff. Since his AlexGDM maps is the only ones that was mentioned in the txt files, I guess this is the only maps he wanted to be known by.

User is offline   Anvil 

Googled his name - he also made a map called AGStreet in 2009.

This post has been edited by Anvil: 29 September 2016 - 03:40 PM

User is offline   Polunka 

My condolences to his family (if he even had one). Very sad to hear about fellow Dukers' deaths (especially if they're of my nationality; this is the first time I've ever heard about a Russian mapper passing away... ...well, actually, the first time I've heard about a Duker's death whatsoever). Did you know him personally (or at least closely enough to know about his end)?

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostPolunka, on 01 October 2016 - 04:49 AM, said:

My condolences to his family (if he even had one). Very sad to hear about fellow Dukers' deaths (especially if they're of my nationality; this is the first time I've ever heard about a Russian mapper passing away... ...well, actually, the first time I've heard about a Duker's death whatsoever). Did you know him personally (or at least closely enough to know about his end)?

No. I first encountered him when he joined our russian community group (at the well-known social network ;) ) back in 2008. I never met him in real life, but we chat a lot while we worked on RCBP's. Somehow he don't visit our group very ofthen, and eventualy his profile was closed since 2012. I never cared about the guy, until replayed that map a week ago, and tried to connect him and his close friend had told me about his passing. I don't exactly find out what it was, but it seems like the heavy smoking was the reason.

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostSanek, on 01 October 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

No. I first encountered him when he joined our russian community group (at the well-known social network ;) ) back in 2008. I never met him in real life, but we chat a lot while we worked on RCBP's. Somehow he don't visit our group very ofthen, and eventualy his profile was closed since 2012. I never cared about the guy, until replayed that map a week ago, and tried to connect him and his close friend had told me about his passing. I don't exactly find out what it was, but it seems like the heavy smoking was the reason.

Okay.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options