Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] 3 Maps by Aaro 'Arzca' Ruohonen - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] 3 Maps by Aaro 'Arzca' Ruohonen

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

These have been posted by "the review girl" himself on MSDN, and haven't found their way to our forums yet:

X3 Studios

Bank Roll 2000

Duke Royale Remake

User is offline   Lunick 

Thanks for the heads up, I'm glad "the review girl" reviewed these maps.

;)

Thanks for posting these, I noticed a couple of them on MSDN, always nice to have all the Duke maps posted here though. So it's all in one place too.

I'll say from a gameplay perspective, all these maps are too tough/too light on ammo for my taste. Even the remake of Duke Royale, though originally that was balanced to be in the middle of an episode, so you'd have ammo and guns already. Also not sure if it's my imagination or if he put way more Enforcers early on in this, compared to Ozelot's version.

User is offline   Arzca 

Hahahaha xD. I had a good laugh when reading the first post of this thread ;). For the record: I'm a casual Duke mapper, and I do most of my work for Doom, but seriously, I can see why people aren't too happy with these maps and mostly the way they play out, and all the feedback related to their gameplay and some design choices. And yeah, I kinda get that "review girl" reference here too. :D

I certainly don't feel offended by the criticism and because of the very criticism, I recognize where things went south.

Trial + Error = A good way to learn for me.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostArzca, on 30 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Hahahaha xD. I had a good laugh when reading the first post of this thread ;). For the record: I'm a casual Duke mapper, and I do most of my work for Doom, but seriously, I can see why people aren't too happy with these maps and mostly the way they play out, and all the feedback related to their gameplay and some design choices. And yeah, I kinda get that "review girl" reference here too. :D

I certainly don't feel offended by the criticism and because of the very criticism, I recognize where things went south.

Trial + Error = A good way to learn for me.

I'm not sure where you are seeing the negative feedback, but I just played Bankroll 2000 last night and enjoyed it very much.

User is offline   Arzca 

I was referring to X3 Studios review, when it comes to criticism. MSDN review pointed out some good criticism I that I failed to notice (such as the drastic contrast between skill 1 and 2).

Glad you enjoyed Bank Roll though. After all, it is certainly the most consistent the maps.

User is offline   Polunka 

Whoa, didn't know Arzca has released another map (Duke Royale remake). Thanks for this news post (even if it was only informative for me in that the mentioned map has come out since I had played every other map of his)!

P.S.: Nice reference to the "review girl" thing, didn't expect it would go anywhere outside the Moontang thread ;)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 01 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options